2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
I Love This Car!
By egiardie on 08/26/05 22:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Two weeks ago, I traded in my 2003 Mazda Tribute and purchased a 2006 Ford Escape AWD Hybrid. I've never posted a review of anything I've purchased before, but I just had to do so this time around because I LOVE THIS CAR! It handles great, is very comfortable and is averaging 25-28 mph in the rural country driving I do - where my Mazda Tribute had averaged about 20 mpg (city driving would provide even higher mpg for this vehicle). I feel great knowing that I've purchased a car with the new hybrid technology that will allow us to decrease our dependency on an ever dissipating oil supply.

This is number 2
By Fred on 08/19/05 23:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife loves this vehicle. Drives and rides nice. Economy 27 to 30 at all times. We live in the rural area with hills and various conditions. It has no lack of power. This is the second one that we have had. The 4 wheel drive is great, even on ice and snow covered roads. The 1st Escape we put 7500 miles on with no dealer service. It only had an oil service at 7000 miles. The present one has 1500 miles with no squawks. We upgraded to the 2006 because of the heated seats and sunroof. There is no difference between a 2005 and a 2006, only the option list. They both drive and handle the same.

Never Thought
By Robert on 08/10/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Walked into dealer with no thoughts of this kind of vehicle on my mind. Was attracted to body style with the new black paint. Then thought about the price of gas and I was sold! Hybrid engine works great and hardly gives notice that it's anything other than a regular internal combustion engine.

Would recommend to anyone
By Catrina on 07/30/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really enjoy owning this vehicle. It has great acceleration when needed and a very smooth ride. The interior has clean lines and is very comfortable. The gauges are easy to read. The gasoline savings in downtown traffic are great.

Fuel Efficient
By Debbie on 07/24/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2001 XLT explorer for the 05 Escape Hybrid. I was tired of the high gas prices at $2.49 a gallon. I was spending $80.00 a week on gas to commute to work and back home with my Explorer. I bought my Escape Memorial weekend. The Escape doesn't have the power like my Explorer did, but I wanted something that was fuel efficient. So there are trade offs. Other than that, I love my Escape hybrid.

LOVE IT!
By Pam on 07/04/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love my purchase. It has been 4 days and I drove over 300 miles July 4th weekend. Transition from electric to gas was not noticeable. It was great to sit in a traffic jam, traveling less than 30 miles per hour and realize the car was in electric mode and no gas was being used. Many stares and questions from other motorists. Savings already noticed. Rides well with luggage and 4 adults.

How to increase mileage?
By Jean on 06/30/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very pleased with the 2006 Ford Escape hybrid, which I have owned for 1 week. I miss a few features I had on my Saab 9-3 (radio controls on steering wheel, day lights and ignition on console) but otherwise am quite pleased. It is peppy and fun to drive. I have not however achieved great mileage - in fact, I would appreciate any tips. I got 27 on the highway and even less in the city, which is opposite of what I expected. I admit to having a little bit of a heavy foot, so I have tried to ease up on the peddle. Do others find that the gas engine kicks in very quickly. I certainly don't drive at 25 mph on the electric engine.

2005 Escape Hybrid
By Prescott Chartier on 06/28/05 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own the 2005 Escape Hybrid. I've owned it now for 3 months and have nothing but good things to say about it. I've averaged approximately 27.8 miles per gallon over 8,050 miles, I drive approximately 36,000 miles a year. I routinely hit the 30 miles per gallon mark in the on-board computer. I have never owned a vehicle that has performed at this level new or used, considering that there isn't a SUV out there that gets anything close to the mileage this vehicle gets. If I had one complaint, it's the slight hesitation I get when accelerating real hard from a dead stop. Other than that, it a blast!

Not A Bad Choice
By Brian on 06/23/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle because I wanted the functionality and style of a SUV but the gas mileage of a car. I have been very pleased so far. The air conditioner only works well when the engine is running, so in the hot summer days of the South you must leave it on max and forgo the electricity. But as the engine is supplemented by the battery you still get great gas mileage with the air on max. It averages about 27.5 on the highway at 75mph. In the city I get about 30 to 32 with the air on max. Overall I am happy with the purchase, but since it is hard to find, dealers WILL NOT give you a deal. You MUST pay the sticker price -- *OUCH*.

Great little car
By T.W. Seybold on 06/18/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun to drive, Plenty of power in the mountains. Comfortable seats especially in the rear with good vision out. Plenty of storage space and good mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.