2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Would recommend to anyone
By Catrina on 07/30/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really enjoy owning this vehicle. It has great acceleration when needed and a very smooth ride. The interior has clean lines and is very comfortable. The gauges are easy to read. The gasoline savings in downtown traffic are great.

Fuel Efficient
By Debbie on 07/24/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2001 XLT explorer for the 05 Escape Hybrid. I was tired of the high gas prices at $2.49 a gallon. I was spending $80.00 a week on gas to commute to work and back home with my Explorer. I bought my Escape Memorial weekend. The Escape doesn't have the power like my Explorer did, but I wanted something that was fuel efficient. So there are trade offs. Other than that, I love my Escape hybrid.

LOVE IT!
By Pam on 07/04/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love my purchase. It has been 4 days and I drove over 300 miles July 4th weekend. Transition from electric to gas was not noticeable. It was great to sit in a traffic jam, traveling less than 30 miles per hour and realize the car was in electric mode and no gas was being used. Many stares and questions from other motorists. Savings already noticed. Rides well with luggage and 4 adults.

How to increase mileage?
By Jean on 06/30/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very pleased with the 2006 Ford Escape hybrid, which I have owned for 1 week. I miss a few features I had on my Saab 9-3 (radio controls on steering wheel, day lights and ignition on console) but otherwise am quite pleased. It is peppy and fun to drive. I have not however achieved great mileage - in fact, I would appreciate any tips. I got 27 on the highway and even less in the city, which is opposite of what I expected. I admit to having a little bit of a heavy foot, so I have tried to ease up on the peddle. Do others find that the gas engine kicks in very quickly. I certainly don't drive at 25 mph on the electric engine.

2005 Escape Hybrid
By Prescott Chartier on 06/28/05 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own the 2005 Escape Hybrid. I've owned it now for 3 months and have nothing but good things to say about it. I've averaged approximately 27.8 miles per gallon over 8,050 miles, I drive approximately 36,000 miles a year. I routinely hit the 30 miles per gallon mark in the on-board computer. I have never owned a vehicle that has performed at this level new or used, considering that there isn't a SUV out there that gets anything close to the mileage this vehicle gets. If I had one complaint, it's the slight hesitation I get when accelerating real hard from a dead stop. Other than that, it a blast!

Not A Bad Choice
By Brian on 06/23/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle because I wanted the functionality and style of a SUV but the gas mileage of a car. I have been very pleased so far. The air conditioner only works well when the engine is running, so in the hot summer days of the South you must leave it on max and forgo the electricity. But as the engine is supplemented by the battery you still get great gas mileage with the air on max. It averages about 27.5 on the highway at 75mph. In the city I get about 30 to 32 with the air on max. Overall I am happy with the purchase, but since it is hard to find, dealers WILL NOT give you a deal. You MUST pay the sticker price -- *OUCH*.

Great little car
By T.W. Seybold on 06/18/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun to drive, Plenty of power in the mountains. Comfortable seats especially in the rear with good vision out. Plenty of storage space and good mileage.

Plymouth Rock
By Dexter Olsson on 06/07/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Ford Escape Hybrid has been a totally satisfying experience. Even with full time AWD the gas mileage is excellent. However, it is very important to follow instructions in the manual. Consistency is essential. In fact, using cruise control as much as possible gives significant mileage improvement. The car handles and rides very well, no doubt due in part to the low placement of the large battery between the rear wheels.

so so savings on fuel
By Louis on 05/27/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Not told by salesman that A/C didn't work while car stopped or running on battery, must start engine by switching AC to Max. No fuel savings if engine needs to run so that the AC will work. No cargo net.

Escape to hybrid SUV'ing!
By rgg on 05/25/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2001 Escape V6 AWD. Great car, but gas mileage was not very good. The Escape AWD gets a consistent 28mpg on the highway (that's at 60-80 mph with the a/c on), and about 24 mpg in town, with a full load. (No hybrid ever gets the advertised EPA mileage in town). Performance? Only imperceptibly less than the V6 gave me. Punching the gas and bringing in an extra 40hp from the electric motor lets me pass anyone on the highway. Some people tell me, "sure, you get great mileage, but is it worth the difference in price?" Yes. The difference is tax-deductible, and with gas costing $2.50/gallon, I'll be ahead soon. Also, I'm reducing our nation's reliance on questionable oil suppliers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.