Used 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Pleased overall
By shane

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle has cut my weekly fuel cost from $80 to $35. Thatís a $2600 yearly savings and I did not have to do anything other than change vehicles. The vehicle is comfy with plenty of amenities. My family is very pleased so far. I do not mind that these vehicles are not perfect and I am grateful that manufacturers are finally making a product that uses less fuel, cannot wait for improved models in the future.

I enjoy the fuel efficiency meter, it allows you to see real time impact of your driving style.

Temp gauge.

SUV But Still Impressive
By Laura

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Did really well for an suv-gas mileage wise. It only dropped about 1 and a half mpg when a/c was on continuous which is impressive considering the shape of the vehicle. You can only get so good of mileage in a suv.

How quiet it is.

Interior quality and center console design.

Ford Escape Hybrid
By Steven

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car is a little less than advertised. Mileage is only in the 29-30 range. Comfort is the same as Mustang in the earliest years; I owned one. Quality is the same. As the car ages in months, the windows sag, the dealer will not return calls for repairs even within the warranty period. Compared to Toyota, U.S. needs help.

The information displays are nice, but sketchy.

Put some comfort in the car. Better quality seats, I did buy the leather -- but the leather did not even go the entire seat. A holder for your sunglasses. Lights in the cosmetics mirrors. An antenna that will go down. And, a locking gas cap.

SOME DAY ALL CARS WILL BE HYBRIDS
By BILL S

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Actual mpg is just a little less than EPA estimates,very nice to find a suv with over 30mpg!

it's neat to run on battery only part way on my commute of 5 miles each way.

Increase electric-only run time and up speed limit for battery only; smaller gas or diesel motor/bigger electric motor.

Will never change
By Blossom

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had 2 Ford Escapes and decided to try the hybrid due to my traveling. It was mainly due to gas prices rising. I cant believe what a difference it has made in my fuel costs.The ride is wonderful and I have enjoyed learning how to use the navigation system. The warranty on both the engine and battery system is super. I haven't had a bit of trouble with the 2 previous Escapes and I don't expect any with this one!

Side airbags and the option to shut off the front airbag system if a child is in the front seat...and my moonroof. The stereo system is also very good.

I have no suggestion for anything needing improvement except possibly having a carrier as in the other Escapes to contain groceries etc. in the back.

• SUV