Used 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Great SUV
By scott

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent all around vehicle with great versatility and real world fuel economy. Much better than any other competitor I looked at in terms of a complete package for the price.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, fit and finish, versatility.

Suggested Improvements

More standard luxury items such as auto dimming mirror and outside temp guage with compass.

I LOVE IT
By Nancy Smith

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the most awesome vehicle I have ever owned. It is a practical size not some oversize behemoth. It handles really great, and you cannot knock the great fuel economy. It has plenty of power and the air conditioning is the best especially in Las Vegas during the summer. I love driving it everywhere

Favorite Features

Full of power, great air conditioning. The electrical outlets are great if you want to plug in a laptop. The navigational system is so cool.

Suggested Improvements

Along with the heated seats offer cooled seats for us who live in the hot climate areas.

Wife Loves Hybrid Escape
By Jerry

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned new 2006 AWD for 1 month. 32-33 MPG city driving, 28 mpg highway in first 100 miles. 15 Gallon tank means 400+ miles between fills. Mileage is improving and 100% operation on electric motor below 40 MPH is increasing as vehicle is broken in. Wife is a former Passat-325E BMW driver - she loves how the Escape handles. Handles better than expected in high winds.

Favorite Features

All Metallic Silver (option) hides dirt and is stylish compared to those trimmed out in boring black. In dash 6 changer CD is great for trips for listening to books rather than each other or the poor radio stations in Iowa--no Air America! Rear double entry and seating control makes wife happy.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning does not function at low RPM's unless on Max Air. Daytime driving lights should be standard. Outside temp gage and compass is a must for vehicles now. Rear window spoiler should be standard to help keep the rear window clean as possible for safety. Color options are very limited.

Chilton
By chilton

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Drives fine except for accelerating onto highway. I drove Explorers for years, so I'm getting used to a lighter-weight vehicle, but love the improved mileage. Still think the higher price in comparison to an Explorer makes the improved gas costs overrated. I have a problem with paying more (we also bought another Explorer) and receiving a lesser quality vehicle. My Hybrid payment is $100.00 more per month than our new Explorer. So it's give and take.

Favorite Features

Improved gas mileage, front and side airbags.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats and lumbar support. Improved acceleration onto highway.

I cant believe its American
By Colorado flyfisher

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Awesome vehicle. Great mileage, performance, and useability. This vehicle has been outstanding and clearly exceeded my expectations. Ford you got it right this time! I love driving by gas stations and waving.

Favorite Features

Usable suv.

Suggested Improvements

Interior features could be a little more robust.