2016 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

driver seat
By FARMER TIM

2016 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am 5 .7 and 200 pounds and I HATE the drivers seat never buy a ford again ps this was my 4 ford

This car gives me a headache, literally
By Gdhazel

2016 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have never had this issue with a car before. I loved my last Edge and my other vehicle is a Ford F150 which I love. The 2016 Ford Edge Titanium has a vibration to it that sounds like buffeting from having the rear windows open. If I ride in this car for more than 30 minutes I get a nasty headache. This is the worst car I ever owned.

They keep getting better
By K Dara

2016 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my forth Edge so I guess I like them. There is one thing on my new 2016 Edge that I could do with out and I find it DANGEROUS. The model I have has the new kick under the rear bumper to open the tail gate. If you step in to far to get something and your foot hits the sensor it comes down on your head. This has happened many times. I was taking fishing rods out of the back and stepped in for a better grip and the tailgate came down. I had to move fast so they did not get broken. I asked the dealer to disconnect it and was told you can't. After owning 4 Edges I was hoping they would put some rear bumper protection on top of the rear bumper to protect it from taking things in and out.

Just bought EDGE #2
By cheryl marklund

2016 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this vehicle. So great to drive. The style, comfort and overall cost is perfect match. Was a little disappointed in the gas mileage at first, but now averaging about 28/gal on highway.

Nice SUV...But...
By Dave J

2016 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned the 2016 Ford Edge SEL 2WD for about three months, traded in a 1999 Ford Explorer so modern technology like this a first for me. I can not speak for reliability because it is too new. I have taken the Edge on two trips from Florida to Pennsylvania and coast to coast in Florida. All trips were straight through, 17 hours of driving each way. My review is mostly negative as I expected much more thought put into design for the money you spend. The driver seat is very comfortable, never had an ache (drove straight thru to PA both times). The interior overall is nice, no complaints on material except headliner color choices. Vehicle very quiet with windows up. Windows down...very noisy. The steering wheel is either too small or door armrests too narrow. I like to drive with left arm resting on armrest and holding the wheel, can't do that in the Edge. Steering wheel controls need a bump or each shaped differently. I have to continuously look at them when using as I cannot tell which my finger is on, they are all shaped the same and feel the same. I do not like the feel of the steering, my arm actually gets fatigued. Guess I prefer the "Cadillac" feel, nice and easy. The one touch window is a bear to just open a crack. The radio and climate controls straight forward and easy to use with the exception of the steering wheel tuning. It scrolls through just the current favorite channels. In other words, you can program so many stations on channel one, channel two and channel three but can only scroll stations on channel one if that is the one radio is on. You cannot scroll all channels, have to select channel two on radio to then scroll those. My Chevy you can scroll all by using steering wheel controls, very nice feature. Navigation...where do I start with this. Was VERY excited to have this feature, first ever for us. Well, it has gotten me lost three times and my house/street are not even listed...can not find. I live in an established neighborhood built in 2001 yet my street is not listed. The street leading to mine is and you can see my street on map but it is not named. I have found this with several places I have traveled, streets not listed and yes, my settings are correct under options. I was told if it ever gets updated I would have to purchase update, it is not free. The other part I do not like is the vehicle has to be stopped to search a destination by typing. It's ok to scroll through everything on the radio, settings, station search, look for restaurants, etc. while driving but cannot type an address. I have settings set to take fastest route and on a trip in FL, it mapped the long way home, not the quickest. Very poor navigation system, we use our smart phones to verify before we trust it. Last I'll speak on the engine. I have the 2.0 I-4 turbo, wish I went with the six cylinder. There is a very distinct hesitation in the engine which I did not notice when test driving. If you are pulling out in heavy traffic or going to pass, hang onto your heart because it takes about 1 second after mashing the accelerator before she goes. Very scary finding that out the hard way! Took it to the Ford garage and they said it was turbo lag and nothing can be done. Also find the engine noisy and hear tapping constantly. And speaking of noise, the radiator fan extremely loud. I'll end on a good note which was the main thing I was looking for, love the cargo space in back...