2015 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford has the Edge with this midsize SUV
By Larry Pruitt

2015 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car. Feels really tight and safe when driving.

30 days in and happy!!
By Jennifer Jo

2015 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I set out to buy a 2016 Titanium model but through the process and researching information decided to buy a 2015 Sport model. There were only very minor changes from 2015 to 2016 and I saved a TON of money and was able to get a fully loaded model. My primary goal was safety features and I got lots of them! See the 402A package for details. It has been great so far except gas mileage being low but I feel safe, I feel the power of the ecoboost, I feel comfortable, and I feel I made a great choice!

2005 Ford Edge ( Keeper)
By JMJ XII

2015 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We struggled a few days in deciding on the 4 vs v6. Within a few months it will be one year in having chosen the 4 cyl. and we are very pleased with the performance. It is still difficult to believe how torquey the 4 responds, and how effortless it carries the weight of a vehicle this size. The by-monthly drives from Michigan to Chicago in midwest seasonal weather changes is NO PROBLEM. If there is one major complaint, it's how Ford has used such a thin layer of exterior paint. It is unnecessary in my view that a vehicle intending to compete in head to head world class quality, is so easily chipped. (The front clip area) From the little I know of insects, (which help in paint stain/chipping) they are NOT on the endangered list as yet, so one would think a Company as intelligent as Ford would factor this in their formula. Or perhaps they have, and this is the result? All in all, and great American choice.

Falls short of expectations, but not a bad choice
By Dix

2015 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our second Edge, replacing a darn near perfect 2013 Limited model. Our Titanium AWD is equipped with the 3.5 V6. Seems less powerful than the 2013 model and the fuel economy is about 5 mpg less than the EPA ratings. Despite having two cameras and multiple sonar sensors that seem to have a mind of their own, this car is difficult to park because of the poor outward visibility (our vehicle ha the "self-parking" feature, but it's not something we use when parking in a drive-in slot at the mall). The front seats are a vast improvement in comfort and material quality over the model it replaced; however, the bottom seat cushions are still too short and do not adjust far enough with regards to tilting. Tilt steering wheel also is lacking in enough up & down movement. Despite all the complaints about how hard the electronics are to use, we find little or no issues with the nav, Hvac & radio controls. Rear seat room is spacious, but the inflating rear seat belts are a bear to use. Paint finish is impressive. Auto-dimming headlights are too easily fooled by other light sources and often stay on dim even when you are on a country road all by yourself. Heated & cooled seats work better than most others we've experienced and the heated steering wheel is terrific. Standard wheels on the Titanium are easier to keep looking good than the chrome-clad alloys that were on the 2013. Like the sonar warning parking aids, the rain-sensing wipers are a complete conundrum, they do whatever they want, whenever they want, even parking themselves during a steady rainfall. The rear window is impossible to keep clean, even in dry weather; a terribly designed rear spoiler actually traps dirt on the glass. Now let's talk about the massive glass sunroof; the rattling & creaking sound is unbearable and apparently has no permanent fix. Silicon spray on the rubber gasket it sits on will eliminate the noise...until you open & close it once! I coated the gasket with silicone last fall and haven't opened the glass since...now silent. Unless you are okay with keeping it permanently closed, save $1500 and don't buy it. The other major, "we can't fix it" issue is the smell that the catalytic convertors emit when the car is driven under a full load on a long grade; the odor finds its way into the interior of the vehicle and is annoying to say the least. Previous models have a TSB issued and a kit available to alleviate this issue, but so far, not the 2015 model. One last complaint; the catch-all bottoms on the side doors. The design will hold about a quarter inch of sand, mud, crud, all along the bottom surface of the door, and washing the car necessitates opening each door and spraying the bottom edge to remove the silt. Over-all, this vehicle has been disappointing, although not thoroughly unpleasurable to drive. Other mid-sized cross-overs that we have bought & owned new prior to switching to Fords include the Volvo XC-70, Cadillac XRS (junk), Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (also junk) and Mercedes GLK-350. This Edge is far from perfect, but we would at least consider buying one more version before we gave up on the either the model or the brand.

Really Well Done - 2015 Edge SEL
By jbrooksws

2015 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Waited six or seven months to provide the review. First some thoughts: 1. Opt for the power liftgate. The liftgate is heavy. 2. This is a big car - bigger than it looks. Think about this and be prepared in your garage and when parking. This is our second Edge - we compared Highlander, Grand Cherokee, Audi Q3 & 5, Acura and a few other models. The Edge is premium priced, but we used TruCar as the starting point and then let the dealers fight among themselves so we think we got a good deal. Because of having other Ford products in the past, we researched the seats. We have learned that -- at least for the CUV/SUV -- you always avoid cloth seats if you want comfort and support. The light leather is bad for picking up dye from blue jeans, so we have instructed the dealership to clean them everytime we go in for service -- under warranty. We have had no rattles or squeaks - the only issue is that on an intermittent basis the brakes want to squeak - I can hear the echo when we are in a drive through. Audio is OK - I realize that for x thousand more we could have had far better audio, but we decided to set and hold to a budget and I'm OK with it. (Frustrating that I cannot insert paragraphs in this review - sorry about that - I know it makes it hard to read). Car drives well and is easily quick enough to go on the freeway - our old Edge had the V-6 - this one has the I-4 turbo and it's OK. We got the towing package and have pulled a lightweight trailer and more importantly - the bike rack!!! Car handles very well -- sometimes a little hard to park because it's hard to tell where the front end is. Backup camera is nicely done and evidently is a step above other cameras -- at least per our friends. We have the old MyFordTouch - I have NEVER hand any issues with this system - don't know why Consumer Reports has hated it so bad because it's pretty logical to me. If you have not owned a Ford product lately, be aware there is a large expanse of glass in front of you - but once you get used to that it makes the car feel a little more open. SEL version should have had memory seat for driver, not just power - also should have had power seat for passenger. Rear air vent into passenger compartment works well - also rear seats have some recline to them. When rear seats are folded down, they are NOT completely flat - just FYI. My mileage is good - we are not leadfoots, nor are we featherfoots - it did take a little while for the mileage to kick in - but we average about 26 around town and about 32 on the freeway at about 70 MPH. No rattles no squeaks -- overall I think Ford really did a nice job - and especially with the design. Yes, I would definitely purchase this car again.