2015 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Sporty Luxury Crossover
By Richard W

2015 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The EDGE Sport has lots of bells and whistles including Front/Rear climate controlled seats and terrific safety features (blind spot, peripheral collision warnings, front/rear cameras, parking assist). Surprisingly excellent, effortless and smooth acceleration from a 4cyl. Sleek body style, keyless entry, remote start and comfort's a plus. Ford's SYNC system is a little daunting to setup, because of the 400K possible voice commands controlling entertainment, climate, comm, and nav systems. The spectacular panoramic moon roof stretches the length of the vehicle. Roomy lighted cargo area with rear seats up (including electric rear seat controls accessible near the hatch) and handsfree lift gate that sounds a safety alarm when opening and closing. It would be nice to have a handstrap on the gate for manual operation and a bumper step, otherwise, it's solid. Lots of USB and accessory ports! The only downside is Ford's 60K warranty. Doesn't cover all electrical. However, I found that the extended coverage was price negotiable. Overall a pretty good value for the $42K price (incl TTL).

Great car with a surprisingly "peppy" engine.
By joel martin

2015 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun at first! Nightmare when things go wrong!
By phil

2015 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had my Ford Edge Edge towed to the local Ford dealership here in Idaho Falls, ID on November 23rd. It is now December 24th and it is sitting at the dealership under a couple feet of snow. I have just made my car payment for my reliable Ford vehicle. Two modules went out that control the remote entry and the push button ignition. I was stranded in the middle of winter with no heat and had to call for a tow. The dealership has been horrible with communication. I was sent to my regional customer service representative who said he would work on getting the part here faster. I was told the part would be here on December 17th. I finally called that evening to find out that the weather has slowed the shipping and it should be in on the 18th. Apparently the mule they are using walks very slow cause the shipment came in last night. It is now almost 11:09 am in Idaho and they still have not located the part. No vehicle for the weekend! Repairs made this year on my Ford Edge: -Main system that runs my climate and radio had to be replaced. -Rails on panoramic roof needed replacement. -Alarm stopped working on automatic tailgate stopped working. -Brake Booster tore. Known problem. -PTU seal leaking and stinks up car. Known problem -Two modules went out on remote entry and ignition. This caused my battery to fry and needed replacement. ****Please read the car complaints forum's before you buy a Ford Edge***** I would not recommend this vehicle to a friend or family member!

Better than any Toyota I have owned
By Jim

2015 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Edge is absolutely awesome! I have owned three Toyotas (Sienna, Rav4, and Camry). After one month ownership of my Toyotas, they were just cars. The Edge impresses me more every day. I just love the Edge. It is easy to get in and out. The Edge handles great and you always feel in control. The workmanship is first class. On another note, my sons wanted me to buy a BMW X3 or X5. I am so happy I bought the Edge instead of either of those!

Fun, Fun, fun
By alampur

2015 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had Ford Edge Sport for the past 2 months. These words come to my mind: Solid, Fun, Sporty and a delight to drive. Blind spot monitoring, Lane Departure Warning and gentle nudge back to the lane, excellent blue tooth are all technological pluses. Steering, handling are top class. Very quiet inside, very little road noise. Quite roomy especially the second row and adequate cargo. Overall, quite impressive.

• SUV