2013 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Why all of the Negative Review

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Why all of the Negative Reviews in the Press?
By carcritic3 on

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand why the automotive press dislikes the Edge so much.. Consumer Reports complains about an unrefined engine and transmission a jittery ride, road noise and poor reliability.
I've had my Edge for 6 months and 7500 miles and have had no problems at all.
The engine and transmission operate smoothly, it is quiet on the highway, and I love the ride.
It is on the firm side but the vehicle handles like a car despite its high center of gravity. It is stable in cross winds unlike a Saturn Vue we owned.
My Edge DOES NOT HAVE the My Ford Touch system. It has the My Ford system with buttons, dials, and switches and I love it.

The ride and handling. The size and cargo capacity. The comfort on long trips it is smooth and quiet. I love the smoothness of the 3.5 L V-6 and the 6-speed automatic transmission. I love the power. I love the standard back up sensors The gas mileage isn't all that bad for a vehicle of this size and with an engine this size. I get 17-19 MPG in town depending on traffic and red lights and 26 to 27 highway again depending on highway conditions, load in the vehicle and the speed traveled at. I get what the EPA says it should get. I'm willing to sacrifice a few MPG to had a lot of power on tap when needed.

The Owner's manual is very poorly written - next to useless. The tail gate is very heavy - would like to see a composite gate rather than steel. The SEL trim level does not have one touch down on the front passenger side window nor does it have the home link universal garage door opener. The rear head rests don't fold down when not in use blocking the drivers rear vision.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review