Not sold yet
By gsuroviec on
2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have been wanting to buy an Edge for some time now. I love the looks and the ride. 2010 and older, very bland interior and dashboard not even easy to see. No back up camera available. 2011 many impovements on interior and dash. However, I can't get used to new turn signals, turning on and cancelling. That is not natural. Especially if you still opwn a vehicle which works the way mosy of us are ude to. Also, I have no faith in MyFordTouch. Too many bad reviews and no positive fixes. Plus, playing with this screen is just as bad as texting and driving. Give us back our dials and buttons.
By quintonq
on 05/17/13 14:13 PM (PDT)

Dear gsuroviec I own a 2011 Edge SEL - one of the first with MyFordTouch-MFT. I haven't had a single problem with the system. There have been several major upgrades and it is working faster and better than ever. All of the controls are redundant and can be operated by voice or by steering wheel controls that are easy to use and don't require you to take your eyes off of traffic. I reserve any functions that are more complicated for times when I am sitting in my garage or in a parking lot. MFT is a marvelous system and I would not buy a car without it. I was able to learn the system the first night I had it while sitting in my garage. I notice that most car manufacturers are now offering similar systems in their vehicles. Kudos to Ford for being leaders in the field. I am looking forward to further improvements. Last time I looked, I noticed that none of my telephones had rotary dials. I don't miss them and I don't miss the complicated car control panels with 20 or more buttons and dials. Taking time to learn the new technology is something we all have to do. I hope your experience will be as good as mine has been.