Not perfect but still 5 Stars
By sjoiii on
2013 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is a very smooth quiet riding Crossover which I like better than the Explorer that I traded. I get about 19 mph around town and about 25.5 mph on a trip with the standard 285 HP engine. The seats have good support and it gives me plenty of power on the Western PA hills. I have just driven this about 3,000 miles and my only criticism is that the automatic six speed transmission is rough on occasion. Fortunately my SE does not have the busy MY Ford screen of which everyone complains.
Favorite Features
1. Quiet smooth ride. 2. Handles like a sedan. 3. Good power even with the 285 HP engine.
Suggested Improvements
My only criticism is that the shifting can be rough on occasion although does not occur all the time. That deficiency has not in any way made me regret my buying this vehicle but improvement is needed.
By roaeja1
on 01/24/13 19:18 PM (PST)

I own a 2011 Ford Edge Limited and I love it. No complaints and the ride is smooth as silk. It plows through deep snow with ease. During the summer when you clean out the pipes, it sounds like a hot rod if you floor the gas. It just purrs like a kitten. My gas mileage is around 25-32 mpg @ 50. You get excellent gas millage @ 50 mph or close to it. Use the extended trip to check it. Lots of cargo space and the active cruise control is a blessing, almost hands free driving. This is a solid, well built crossover. My only complaint is the battery goes dead, if you do't use it for a few days. The computer system drains it. My solution, a intelligent trickle charger. to keep it topped off. I'm looking at the Ford Fusion Hybrid, but will miss the Edge. Happy driving.