Microsoft Sync wont run Windows WMA songs?
By sync on
2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Latest technology but Windows 7 audio songs .wma fail to run unless I set Windows Media Player to rip MP3 CD to my USB flash drive. This media file is protected and cannot be accessed... Thank you FORD & Microsoft... I mean has nobody at Ford upgraded their computer to Windows 7; released in 2009? I guess the My Ford Touch issues persist to make its customers guinea pigs... I'm still hoping to see if it's a better built car over time.
Favorite Features
I'm just hoping to get from A to B in comfort. Over time I'd like to see Convenience not only in getting around but seeing quick service to get it back on the road. So reliability is wait & see...
Suggested Improvements
After plugging in the USB, the computer (MFT) seems to spend lots of time indexing & loading all the song titles, Artists, Album names, etc... from My Music library that I'd think it could almost download the rest of it. It'd do away with having the USB dongle / key fob plugged into the arm rest storage bin; which is small enough already. I was sad to hear that you can TAG Sirius songs but with Apple devices... We wouldn't want a stereo to actually record anything? How Convenient would that be? I'd really like to see the Gear Shift on the Steering Column... Free up some dead space.
By sync
on 07/09/13 08:35 AM (PDT)

Went in for the Works got Mice in the Works??? Imagine my surprise to hear that mice under the hood is such a common problem that mothballs is the recommended solution... MAYBE Ford should make the cloth pad (attached to hood) out of something less ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY??? so that it would deter such critters from nesting... never seen that in 30 years of driving. Second issue would be traction control, I mean where is it... if I accelerate from a Stop sign with sand on the road or even rain, you spin the front tires. Maybe traction control simply means you spin your tires at the same speed... unless you opt for 4 wheel drive???