Excellent Low-Cost Crossover
By twelchdriver on
2013 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased this Edge with the 302A package and only 5 miles on it. I've now completed 1000 miles. The ride has softened a bit with the mileage which I prefer. It's not significant, but it is noticeable to me. In our previous vehicles, we had trouble having someone sit in the front seat when a rear-facing car seat was behind them. Not a problem in this vehicle. Took a 5 hour trip from Dallas to Little Rock (almost 0 elevation change) - 22.1 mpg going 22.3 mpg coming Trip speeds were about 75 mph avg, dry roads, little/no wind. I noticed significant mpg gain when dropping from 80 to 75 mph, so it's believable that you can achieve 26 mpg at 60 mph once the engine is broken in more.
Favorite Features
Adaptive Cruise Control - I thought this would be a gimmick. It's actually very smart. It senses vehicles quite far away and adjusts speed based on how fast you are approaching them just like a real driver would. I was impressed. MyFord Touch - I haven't had any of the issues that others have reported. It works great for me. If you can use a smartphone (Android or iOS), then you can use this thing without problems.
Suggested Improvements
Fake wood trim - at close to 40k for a fully loaded Limited, real wood trim would have been nicer obviously. A wood trimmed steering wheel as well. While the seats are nice, soft leather, the steering wheel is still that Ford fake leather/plastic. It's one of the only dead giveaways that you're not in a luxury vehicle.