Car, Love It, MyTouch, Not So Much!
By claymoore on
2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I get a lot of coments on my Edge. I have the Deep Impact Blue SEL with Vista Sun Roof. I've had it for almost 2 months and I love this car. It's fun to drive, it has plenty of power when you need it. I'm a big guy, 6'4" and I have plenty of room vertically, could use a little more room in the hips, snug but comfortable. I'm avg 16.4 mpg but I do a lot of stop and go driving. I am looking forward to a long trip. The didn't think I would like Vista Roof, but it was the only SEL in Blue the dealer had, but driving down the Paliseades with the wind in my hair and the sound system blairing, makes me feel young again! Did I say I love this Car?!?!
Favorite Features
Where to start about the Features of this car? I've already mention the Sun Roof, it opens wider and longer than any other sun roof I have ever seen. Almost opens over the back seat. The sound system is really good, 6 speakers and it came with AM/FM Sirus Satilite with A/V and USB plugins. Microsoft Sync allows my to plug in my iPod with all my iTunes. Heated Seats and Dual Climate Controls for the front seats, I like it cool and my wife likes it warm, we both get what we want. The back seat get's what the driver wants. Backup Camera is wonderful, the Blindspot Mirrors work great. The GPS has several different setting. The side mirrors have lights to see where you are walking in the dark.
Suggested Improvements
MyTouch Voice works okay but can be frustrating at times. Handsfree Calling will call the wrong number lots of times. It should ask, "Did you say Call Bill?" before dailing, because most times, I said, "Call Phil" The Sync has locked up on me a couple of times and nothing will work, you have to turn the car off and then start again to reboot it. There have been a few occasions where the play back on my iPod is garbled. This car is really a lot of fun and what Ford is trying to do with the voice activation is to keep your eyes on the road, but sometimes you get so frustrated with the MyTouch, that you aren't looking at the road at all. Not quite ready for Prime Time, it needs work!