2013 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Automatic Transmission problem

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

Automatic Transmission problem
By thax8844 on

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 ford Edge with Ecobost. From the day I drove it off the lot the transmission shifted with a very loud clunk when shifting from 1st to 2nd I took it back to the dealer and they are trying to fix it. They must jump through all of Fords hoops, This is causing me a lot of frustration because I can not drive the car. I really think the fix is to install a new transmission and let Ford play with the old one on their own time not mine. I have owned at least 8 Ford cars and this is the first screwed up one I have ever owned.
By thax8844
on 08/19/12 10:34 AM (PDT)

To Update my previous comment on my new Ford Edge, The problem was finaly found and corrected with a solinoied and a repair to the valve body. I picked up the car on 8/17/12 and it runs like it should. The biggest problem was waiting on Ford to come up with the fix for the obvious problem which I sugested to the servce manager when I took the car back one week after I bought it. Wake up Ford and listen to your service people.

By bouncyrde
on 10/22/12 17:35 PM (PDT)

I have a 2011 Edge SEL and mine is making a big clunk when I slow down and accelerate. I can't believe ford has a bad transmission. I hope ford can fix the problem. If this continues I may get rid of it. Disappointed in Ford right now.