2013 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
2013 Limited with 2.0L ecoboost
By tclaude on 09/30/13 08:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now put my first 1000 miles on my new 2013 limited with ecoboost. Overall I am very happy with the nice ride and performance of the car. I do agree that the Ford entertainment system needs improvement. I did just upgrade the software and noticed a few improvements. The Sony Navigation system is just plain Pain full to use. The 2.0 liter turbo is amazingly quick when you have to punch it. I have a friend with the 2013 V6 in his edge and the turbo seems a lot quicker. Down sides I found were road noise from the trunk area. At 60 mph it is terrible. I had to line the truck under the tire with 1" marine sound proofing. Also the Michelin green tires are very noisy at highway speed.

A nice step up.
By charbojr on 05/15/13 12:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning a 2010 RAV4 for the last 3 years. We decided that we couldn't take it any more. While capable the RAV 4 Sport was not a very comfortable or rewarding car. Fast forward to the Ford Edge. This car is quite nice. Quite, powerful, and comfortable. Was pleasantly surprised by the engine note from the base V6 and while its not an eco buster, MPGs are above average for a heavy SUV and now that it's broken in a bit we are seeing an improvement. The Sync system is a little clunky and the worst characteristic is it's in ability to keep accurate time. Not sure if it's a bug, but never the less and bizarre fault. Should have opted for the panoramic sun roof.

Transmission issue at 600 miles
By kurios on 04/20/13 20:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2013 Limited with 301A package and other stuff. Purchased with 8 miles on it. Two days after purchase tire alert came on, but nothing was wrong with tires. Was in shop for 2 days to correct. With just over 600 miles, violent lunge while driving at around 40 mph, after which downshifting into first was hard with clunking. Service found metal in transmission. Attempted repair of valve body and issue still there. Edge is with Ford service for 12 days now and they still cannot fix it. Owned Edge for 51 days now, and 14 of those days (and counting) it has been with Ford service. Really thinking it was a mistake to purchse the Edge.

2013 Ford Edge sel w/appearance package
By billcabral on 04/19/13 13:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The truck has nice styling. The smoked lights and 20 inch black wheels really go well with the deep blue impact metallic paint. The interior is where it lacks. Cramped up front for driver if your big like myself.(6'3"tall 285lbs) back seat is also hard to get in and out of. My son who sits in the back most of the time is only 5‘7“ and skinny. This is a common problem with all ford trucks. We have an Expedition and its a pain in the you know what to get in and out the back seat. The new version of the Ford My Sync works great. The older one stunk. I think it has too many colors going on in side that just don’t match the truck. Like two different silvers, and a bronze(ish) color center console. The stitching on the seats should match something but it doesn’t. I do like the two tone leather and suede. I also like the rear seats being able to recline back., oh and the vista roof which is a must have. Performance wise its kind of slow for a truck pushing close to 290HP. It does brake well and the handling is pretty nice for an SUV. So for now it’s a pretty nice truck. Again the interior needs to match how detailed the outside is for this to be a really good suv.

Excellent Value in a Ceossover
By btg on 04/04/13 13:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Retractable glass sun roof, MyFordTouch with Navigation and ALL the tech toys a couple of engineers could possibly want. This vehicle is a replacement for a 2008 Edge Limited we enjoyed immensely and are even more pleased with the 2013. Great value for the price. (and NO, we do NOT work for Ford)

Not sold yet
By gsuroviec on 03/24/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been wanting to buy an Edge for some time now. I love the looks and the ride. 2010 and older, very bland interior and dashboard not even easy to see. No back up camera available. 2011 many impovements on interior and dash. However, I can't get used to new turn signals, turning on and cancelling. That is not natural. Especially if you still opwn a vehicle which works the way mosy of us are ude to. Also, I have no faith in MyFordTouch. Too many bad reviews and no positive fixes. Plus, playing with this screen is just as bad as texting and driving. Give us back our dials and buttons.

Loving it so far!!!
By pete_man on 01/29/13 14:45 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently moved from a 2010 Nissan Murano LE to the Ford Edge Limited with the 302A Package. I loved my Murano and got rid of it due to an accident. I had an Edge as a rental and liked it so much I ended up buying one =) Honestly I considered another Murano but it hasn't changed since my 2010, I was looking for something with a little more technology. I considered the Chevy Traverse and the new Pathfinder but settled on the Edge.

Excellent Low-Cost Crossover
By twelchdriver on 11/25/12 09:41 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this Edge with the 302A package and only 5 miles on it. I've now completed 1000 miles. The ride has softened a bit with the mileage which I prefer. It's not significant, but it is noticeable to me. In our previous vehicles, we had trouble having someone sit in the front seat when a rear-facing car seat was behind them. Not a problem in this vehicle. Took a 5 hour trip from Dallas to Little Rock (almost 0 elevation change) - 22.1 mpg going 22.3 mpg coming Trip speeds were about 75 mph avg, dry roads, little/no wind. I noticed significant mpg gain when dropping from 80 to 75 mph, so it's believable that you can achieve 26 mpg at 60 mph once the engine is broken in more.

Great Vehicle for the Money
By screenname14 on 11/20/12 08:30 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Almost didn't buy because of negative reviews of Ford My Touch; glad we didn't listen to them. My Touch is the easiest system we have encountered. Our Mercedes 350 GLK had a terribly awkward Nav & Communication system and the Cadillac SRX we had before that was just as bad. My Touch is extremely user friendly and the center stack with multiple information is excellent. Vehicle exceeds our expectations for quietness and fuel economy. Seats are a bit stiff, and even with the 10-way option don't tilt enough to get really comfy on a trip. Unlike our Benz, this car actually has a rear seat that adults can use. Best bang for the buck that we've had. Would definitely recommend.

Car, Love It, MyTouch, Not So Much!
By claymoore on 10/27/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I get a lot of coments on my Edge. I have the Deep Impact Blue SEL with Vista Sun Roof. I've had it for almost 2 months and I love this car. It's fun to drive, it has plenty of power when you need it. I'm a big guy, 6'4" and I have plenty of room vertically, could use a little more room in the hips, snug but comfortable. I'm avg 16.4 mpg but I do a lot of stop and go driving. I am looking forward to a long trip. The didn't think I would like Vista Roof, but it was the only SEL in Blue the dealer had, but driving down the Paliseades with the wind in my hair and the sound system blairing, makes me feel young again! Did I say I love this Car?!?!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$147 per month*