Used 2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Great Job Ford!!
By gadgetiomc

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American Made car I have owned in 25 years. I actually intended to buy an Escape. However with the incentives offered the Edge was only $2000.00 more. was well worth it. My wife has a 2011 Toyota Avalon that is one of the best riding vehicles I have ever ridden in. This Edge is only slightly behind it. The 3.5L had plenty of performance the handling is great. The interior with power memory seats is great on long drives. The SYNC is great once you learn it. You may actually have to read the book to learn it. A friend of mine trailered his Harley over 400 miles and raved at the handling

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finsh,noise abatement and keyless ignition

Suggested Improvements

I have two very minor complaints. The climate control system is very touchy. I always seem to go to a manual setup. I was hoping for a little better miles in the city. 18 MPG. Granted I do drive to work in stop and go traffic. the Highway was 26+.

Great SUV
By daniel456

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2013 Ford Edge since June 2013. I've traveled from Ohio to South Carolina 4 times to see my granddaughter, daughter and son in law. I couldn't be happier with the comfortable ride. The My Touch does take a little bit of time to get use to, but I have not had any problems. I would recommend going to the Ford website and watch the tutorials, There are also nice YouTube videos. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, memory driver seat, My Touch, Dual climate controls, heated seats, USB ports, plenty of cargo space

Suggested Improvements

better size cup holder area in side doors

Why all of the Negative Reviews in the Press?
By carcritic3

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand why the automotive press dislikes the Edge so much.. Consumer Reports complains about an unrefined engine and transmission a jittery ride, road noise and poor reliability. I've had my Edge for 6 months and 7500 miles and have had no problems at all. The engine and transmission operate smoothly, it is quiet on the highway, and I love the ride. It is on the firm side but the vehicle handles like a car despite its high center of gravity. It is stable in cross winds unlike a Saturn Vue we owned. My Edge DOES NOT HAVE the My Ford Touch system. It has the My Ford system with buttons, dials, and switches and I love it.

Favorite Features

The ride and handling. The size and cargo capacity. The comfort on long trips it is smooth and quiet. I love the smoothness of the 3.5 L V-6 and the 6-speed automatic transmission. I love the power. I love the standard back up sensors The gas mileage isn't all that bad for a vehicle of this size and with an engine this size. I get 17-19 MPG in town depending on traffic and red lights and 26 to 27 highway again depending on highway conditions, load in the vehicle and the speed traveled at. I get what the EPA says it should get. I'm willing to sacrifice a few MPG to had a lot of power on tap when needed.

Suggested Improvements

The Owner's manual is very poorly written - next to useless. The tail gate is very heavy - would like to see a composite gate rather than steel. The SEL trim level does not have one touch down on the front passenger side window nor does it have the home link universal garage door opener. The rear head rests don't fold down when not in use blocking the drivers rear vision.

Arctic Vortex
By jmcer

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This winter has proven to be one of the snowiest here in Pennsylvania among other states. We just turned over 10,000 miles on our 2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD and are very pleased. The AWD is confident and tracks so well through the snow and slush. The Sync Travel Link was a nice feature when we went to Michigan to see family. We were able to watch a live weather map on top of our navigation while driving. We are very happy with our decision to go with the Edge.

Favorite Features

My Ford Touch Sync Travel Link AWD Heated Seats OEM Rubber Floor Mats

Suggested Improvements

Standard HID's Larger front seats Chrome window sills for SEL

2013 Sel Loaded awd
By 1truthseekr

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Stylish wrap-a-round interior makes you feel secure. Great pick up speed 3.5 liter v6 is better than most SUV's we tried.We love the blindspot mirrors.Pan. Vista Sunroof is awesome-a must. Leather seats are comfortable all around. Bun warmers run a little hot but adjustaded down great! No problems with nav. or My Ford touch. Updated My Ford touch easily. We got Tuxedo Black. It has beautiful multi-colored metallic paint. Front end commands respect. 20 inch chrome rims look classy! Awd handles well. Truck glides down freeway. We live in Ohio so awd is smart. We like the SEL better than the Limited or Sport. Millage ok we got big engine.no eco boost. We love it!

Favorite Features

Favorites: Vista Sunroof-Chunky front end-20 inch chrome rims-leather seats all fold down flat except driver (drivers not available)-All seats firm and comfortable- Bun warmers nice-We got cargo mat-Power liftgate is height adjustable-Underside of exterior mirrors light up-Blindspot detectors-Back up camera-on steering wheel commands-Awd handles nicely-we ordered ours-love all the features!

Suggested Improvements

None so far--truck is great!