2013 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Why all of the Negative Reviews in the Press?
By carcritic3 on 04/23/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand why the automotive press dislikes the Edge so much.. Consumer Reports complains about an unrefined engine and transmission a jittery ride, road noise and poor reliability. I've had my Edge for 6 months and 7500 miles and have had no problems at all. The engine and transmission operate smoothly, it is quiet on the highway, and I love the ride. It is on the firm side but the vehicle handles like a car despite its high center of gravity. It is stable in cross winds unlike a Saturn Vue we owned. My Edge DOES NOT HAVE the My Ford Touch system. It has the My Ford system with buttons, dials, and switches and I love it.

Ford has always had better ideas
By awaya on 10/20/12 14:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car surpassed my expectation. The quality is very good and came very well equippted. The seats provide good support both front and rear. The Ford My Touch is vastly inproved. I test drove the 2.0 engine for 1 week but felt it to be a bit under powered and had too much down shifting for my liking. Although the 3.5 engine is more than capable, quiet and reliable it seems to fall short in overall gas milage. Overall the car is great and we look foward to many trips with it.

Microsoft Sync wont run Windows WMA songs?
By sync on 07/31/12 18:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Latest technology but Windows 7 audio songs .wma fail to run unless I set Windows Media Player to rip MP3 CD to my USB flash drive. This media file is protected and cannot be accessed... Thank you FORD & Microsoft... I mean has nobody at Ford upgraded their computer to Windows 7; released in 2009? I guess the My Ford Touch issues persist to make its customers guinea pigs... I'm still hoping to see if it's a better built car over time.

I Love This Car
By catseye on 07/09/12 08:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I now have 1000 miles on my new Edge and I LOVE IT. One adjective that comes to mind is "Refined". You get the feeling that a lot of attention has been paid to the design and ergonomics. It's very stylish and comfortable. On a recent trip I averaged 25 mpg (V6). The tire pressure monitoring system warned me of low pressure; I had picked up a nail somewhere that I would not have noticed until the tire went flat. The performance is great and really kicks in when passing. (BTW, I don't think you need AWD; added cost, added complexity, reduced gas mileage. I live in Montana and believe that the traction of front wheel drive will be very adequate.)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*