Used 2013 Ford Edge Limited SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Little things...became big annoyances
By Melissa

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Edge...I'm 5'7 even though there is head room in interior of car..the design of the door is lacking...bumped my head getting out all the time and my seat was lowered...it is the curve that is not in a good spot and passengers said the same thing...the lights are horrible..they dont seem bright enought at all...technology seems great at first but is distracting and hard to control while driving...a pain...review mirror is dimmed at night and awkward...vision issues on side of car while looking to turn...door ajar control issues with hatch...traded it in for a Sorento

Great Job Ford!!
By gadgetiomc

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American Made car I have owned in 25 years.
I actually intended to buy an Escape.
However with the incentives offered the Edge was only $2000.00 more.
was well worth it.
My wife has a 2011 Toyota Avalon that is one of the best riding vehicles I have ever ridden in.
This Edge is only slightly behind it.
The 3.5L had plenty of performance the handling is great.
The interior with power memory seats is great on long drives.
The SYNC is great once you learn it.
You may actually have to read the book to learn it.
A friend of mine trailered his Harley over 400 miles and raved at the handling

Interior fit and finsh,noise abatement and keyless ignition

I have two very minor complaints. The climate control system is very touchy. I always seem to go to a manual setup. I was hoping for a little better miles in the city. 18 MPG. Granted I do drive to work in stop and go traffic. the Highway was 26+.

Still Loving it after 25k
By bobinjax

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2013 Edge Ltd in June of 2012. Just bumped over 25k. I've read all the worst reviews to see if anything sounds familiar. Thankfully no. Love my Edge. I don't disbelieve that people have bad experiences, after all humans put these cars together (for the most part). My experience is opposite. No issues with my Mid Life Crisis on Wheels. I found fault w/ software compatibility (WMA files) but no longer an issue. The MPG is off; I'm not an average driver. I love power and agility in this car. Sync & MyFord Touch work great, now that I understand it. Read the manual when all else failed. My recommendation is a "Buy". Read all Bad and Good reviews too.

Leather Interior, Sync w/ MyFord Touch, 20" Wheels, Power, Handling and Sony Audio Sound System. I love the Surround Sound Setting. Rocky Mountain Way never sounded so good. Sneak in a little Sirius Watercolors and you'll hear what Bass is all about. Panoramic Roof is sweet. Put my own custom wheels on it though. Wasn't crazy about spending $42k and having chrome plated plastic covers.

Free car wash and detail with every oil change.

I Hate This Car
By bgk99

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Every day I regret trading in my 2010 Edge (which I loved) for this horrid excuse of a car. The navigation system never works, the audio system functions are atrocious and trying to HANG UP from a telephone call? Mind boggling frustration. I'm tempted to take the car to Tijuana and leave the keys in the ignition. For as much as I loved my 2010 Edge is as much as I hate this car.

Good fast powerful engine. Roomy.

New control panel system - nothing ever works.

2013 Limited with 2.0L ecoboost
By tclaude

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now put my first 1000 miles on my new 2013 limited with ecoboost.
Overall I am very happy with the nice ride and performance of the car. I do agree that the Ford entertainment system needs improvement. I did just upgrade the software and noticed a few improvements. The Sony Navigation system is just plain Pain full to use.
The 2.0 liter turbo is amazingly quick when you have to punch it. I have a friend with the 2013 V6 in his edge and the turbo seems a lot quicker.
Down sides I found were road noise from the trunk area. At 60 mph it is terrible. I had to line the truck under the tire with 1" marine sound proofing. Also the Michelin green tires are very noisy at highway speed.

1). Leg room, I am 6' 1" 2). Very nice two tone leather 3). 10 way power seats are very nice 4). Quick acceleration and quiet engine 5). Entertainment system is pretty good, I installed a external 500 gig USB disk drive in the lower console compartment with dozens of my favorite albums on it. 6). The power lift gate is great, just keep in mind it drives slow so don't bang your head.

1). Road noise coming from tire storage area is excessive 2). Michelin Green series tires are very loud 3). Sony navigation system is poor. They need to copy Garmin for ease of use. 4). Car need running lights, the LED strips don't light up the road at all.