2013 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Great Job Ford!!
By gadgetiomc on 05/15/14 11:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American Made car I have owned in 25 years. I actually intended to buy an Escape. However with the incentives offered the Edge was only $2000.00 more. was well worth it. My wife has a 2011 Toyota Avalon that is one of the best riding vehicles I have ever ridden in. This Edge is only slightly behind it. The 3.5L had plenty of performance the handling is great. The interior with power memory seats is great on long drives. The SYNC is great once you learn it. You may actually have to read the book to learn it. A friend of mine trailered his Harley over 400 miles and raved at the handling

Still Loving it after 25k
By bobinjax on 11/06/13 18:32 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2013 Edge Ltd in June of 2012. Just bumped over 25k. I've read all the worst reviews to see if anything sounds familiar. Thankfully no. Love my Edge. I don't disbelieve that people have bad experiences, after all humans put these cars together (for the most part). My experience is opposite. No issues with my Mid Life Crisis on Wheels. I found fault w/ software compatibility (WMA files) but no longer an issue. The MPG is off; I'm not an average driver. I love power and agility in this car. Sync & MyFord Touch work great, now that I understand it. Read the manual when all else failed. My recommendation is a "Buy". Read all Bad and Good reviews too.

I Hate This Car
By bgk99 on 10/18/13 00:28 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Every day I regret trading in my 2010 Edge (which I loved) for this horrid excuse of a car. The navigation system never works, the audio system functions are atrocious and trying to HANG UP from a telephone call? Mind boggling frustration. I'm tempted to take the car to Tijuana and leave the keys in the ignition. For as much as I loved my 2010 Edge is as much as I hate this car.

2013 Limited with 2.0L ecoboost
By tclaude on 09/30/13 08:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now put my first 1000 miles on my new 2013 limited with ecoboost. Overall I am very happy with the nice ride and performance of the car. I do agree that the Ford entertainment system needs improvement. I did just upgrade the software and noticed a few improvements. The Sony Navigation system is just plain Pain full to use. The 2.0 liter turbo is amazingly quick when you have to punch it. I have a friend with the 2013 V6 in his edge and the turbo seems a lot quicker. Down sides I found were road noise from the trunk area. At 60 mph it is terrible. I had to line the truck under the tire with 1" marine sound proofing. Also the Michelin green tires are very noisy at highway speed.

Transmission issue at 600 miles
By kurios on 04/20/13 20:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2013 Limited with 301A package and other stuff. Purchased with 8 miles on it. Two days after purchase tire alert came on, but nothing was wrong with tires. Was in shop for 2 days to correct. With just over 600 miles, violent lunge while driving at around 40 mph, after which downshifting into first was hard with clunking. Service found metal in transmission. Attempted repair of valve body and issue still there. Edge is with Ford service for 12 days now and they still cannot fix it. Owned Edge for 51 days now, and 14 of those days (and counting) it has been with Ford service. Really thinking it was a mistake to purchse the Edge.

Excellent Value in a Ceossover
By btg on 04/04/13 13:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Retractable glass sun roof, MyFordTouch with Navigation and ALL the tech toys a couple of engineers could possibly want. This vehicle is a replacement for a 2008 Edge Limited we enjoyed immensely and are even more pleased with the 2013. Great value for the price. (and NO, we do NOT work for Ford)

Excellent Low-Cost Crossover
By twelchdriver on 11/25/12 09:41 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this Edge with the 302A package and only 5 miles on it. I've now completed 1000 miles. The ride has softened a bit with the mileage which I prefer. It's not significant, but it is noticeable to me. In our previous vehicles, we had trouble having someone sit in the front seat when a rear-facing car seat was behind them. Not a problem in this vehicle. Took a 5 hour trip from Dallas to Little Rock (almost 0 elevation change) - 22.1 mpg going 22.3 mpg coming Trip speeds were about 75 mph avg, dry roads, little/no wind. I noticed significant mpg gain when dropping from 80 to 75 mph, so it's believable that you can achieve 26 mpg at 60 mph once the engine is broken in more.

The Edge
By dlance54 on 09/27/12 08:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not sure how long it has been since Edmunds, or for that matter, Consumer Reports, has used the MyFord Touch with navigation because they are incorrect about its reliability. I have been using it, maybe I just follow instructions better, and have absolutely no issues with the system. The car drives and rides like a dream. I'm also confused about the slow to respond review of the transmission. I haven't noticed that either. Great car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$133 per month*