Used 2013 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

UGH! Consider something else
By ajanderson10

2013 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It appears that I may have gotten the DUD of the Edges. I purchased mine new in 2013 after having an accident with a teenager who totaled my previous car. I selected the Edge because it was nice to look at, and it was a fantastic buy. I regret that impulsive purchase now. Since I purchased this car it has been in the shop 7 times, 4 of those in the first 6 months with A/C unit now working properly, and the other 3 times I've had to have my door latch changed and a sensor in my dashboard fixed. My car is low mileage. Right now it's sitting at 31, 200. In addition to these issues, I've had three dead batteries due to corrosion at the battery leads. It's not an easy fix, and there's really no reason to have to replace batteries so many times. I really want to love my car, but I can't overlook these issues :(

Love it
By Ingrid Land

2013 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car inside out. There is very minimal road noise which I like. It's solid. In heavy snow it does slide a little but when the awd kicks in it rights itself very quick luckily I have not had to repair anything at all. I have about 24000 miles on it and so far no problems. The engine has good get up and go when you need it with the v6. I would recommend this car over and over.

Great SUV, High priced
By Patrick

2013 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Easy to get in and out of, lots of room, no maintenace problems, Value drops off the lot, resale terrible pricing

car is great
By ian nathanson

2013 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 edge used at 70,000 I immediately had Ford change all the fluids. I did have two minor problems which I was able to fix myself 1. The canister purge valve which cost $50 at autozone and about 10 min of my time Ford wanted $80 for diagnosis and $150 for repair and 2. The annoying door ajar issue I fixed this by buying a $7 can of electronics spray for moving parts and sprayed it into the the door latch mechanism again Ford wanted $80 for diagnosis and $300 for repair. I haven't had the issue come up again and its been five months. Other than that I love the car mine came without sync which I didn't mind. I average about 23-25 city and 28-30 hwy I love the car.

Review for anyone tall
By abellows

2013 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're a tall person and in the market for a crossover, give the Ford Edge a serious look. I'm 6'5 220# and have plenty of room in all directions. The driver seat has many settings for your comfort.
Now for the rest, I never thought I'd buy a Ford but I love this vehicle. The V6 really moves and looks great while doing it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The sound system is crisp and clear. I don't have a phone with Bluetooth but Sync works really good with my i-touch.
My only complaint so far is the transmission. It really doesn't like 2nd gear and reading other reviews it seems to be a known issue with the Edge.
Highly recommend this vehicle especially if you're tall.

All of it but if I have to narrow it down I would vote for comfort. I can't wait to put my bike in the back and leave the world behind. :)

Do something with the sluggishness of the transmission.