Used 2013 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Most Helpful|
Great Job Ford!!
By gadgetiomc

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American Made car I have owned in 25 years. I actually intended to buy an Escape. However with the incentives offered the Edge was only $2000.00 more. was well worth it. My wife has a 2011 Toyota Avalon that is one of the best riding vehicles I have ever ridden in. This Edge is only slightly behind it. The 3.5L had plenty of performance the handling is great. The interior with power memory seats is great on long drives. The SYNC is great once you learn it. You may actually have to read the book to learn it. A friend of mine trailered his Harley over 400 miles and raved at the handling

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finsh,noise abatement and keyless ignition

Suggested Improvements

I have two very minor complaints. The climate control system is very touchy. I always seem to go to a manual setup. I was hoping for a little better miles in the city. 18 MPG. Granted I do drive to work in stop and go traffic. the Highway was 26+.

I Love This Car
By catseye

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I now have 1000 miles on my new Edge and I LOVE IT. One adjective that comes to mind is "Refined". You get the feeling that a lot of attention has been paid to the design and ergonomics. It's very stylish and comfortable. On a recent trip I averaged 25 mpg (V6). The tire pressure monitoring system warned me of low pressure; I had picked up a nail somewhere that I would not have noticed until the tire went flat. The performance is great and really kicks in when passing. (BTW, I don't think you need AWD; added cost, added complexity, reduced gas mileage. I live in Montana and believe that the traction of front wheel drive will be very adequate.)

Favorite Features

Styling; OK, yes, it does look somewhat like a jelly bean on wheels but it makes a statement with the aggressive front grill (and my choice of Rudy Red Metallic). The seats are comfortable and the car is roomy with a lot of rear storage space. The car is "tight" in a good way. One feels very connected to the car. Very responsive though it does hesitate at times and then surges ahead. Even small things like the parking brake pedal -- it's placed high and is very accessible but allows for plenty of leg room. I had done a lot of research on this car and even rented one a couple of times on trips to check it out. It has lived up to its expectations.

Suggested Improvements

There has been lots of bad press about the MyFordTouch/synch system but my experience has been very positive (the system did "freeze" once -- like most electronic thingeys do) but I just did a reset and resynch and it was back. Sometimes it doesn't understand me but the voice commands are very easy to give and most often understood. When I say "Elvis" and the radio says "Tuning to Elvis" on Sirius that's way cool. Or when I say "Call Jim" and it (she?) says "Shall I call Jim at home or on cell?" that's very cool too. I just leave my cell phone in my pocket and it detects it and connects. The turn-by-turn nav works great too. Don't let criticism of MFT stop you from buying this car.

Nice overall car.
By mat375

2013 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall this is a pretty nice car. The ride is fairly smooth, the cabin is quiet and comfortable, the engine has plenty of power even for a crossover that is a bit overweight like this one. The my ford touch is a bit of a pain to use, could have been made much simplier, and the transmission is a little rough shifting at times. The awd is better than not having any, but it will never have the ability of some of its competitors like Subaru, Audi, or even Toyota, just not nearly as capable.

Favorite Features

Nice room for a five passenger crossover as long as your not too tall, classy interior, quiet comfortable ride, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Make a better awd / traction control system, refine the transmission a bit more, offer a manual transmission option, eliminate the my Ford touch and get a system that is actually usable, redesign the rear hatch so it has less taper at the top to increase room.

Review for anyone tall
By abellows

2013 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're a tall person and in the market for a crossover, give the Ford Edge a serious look. I'm 6'5 220# and have plenty of room in all directions. The driver seat has many settings for your comfort. Now for the rest, I never thought I'd buy a Ford but I love this vehicle. The V6 really moves and looks great while doing it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The sound system is crisp and clear. I don't have a phone with Bluetooth but Sync works really good with my i-touch. My only complaint so far is the transmission. It really doesn't like 2nd gear and reading other reviews it seems to be a known issue with the Edge. Highly recommend this vehicle especially if you're tall.

Favorite Features

All of it but if I have to narrow it down I would vote for comfort. I can't wait to put my bike in the back and leave the world behind. :)

Suggested Improvements

Do something with the sluggishness of the transmission.

Love This Car
By jefffie

2013 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When we decided to buy a new car we had time on our side. It took 2 months to test drive 15 different makes and models. We would not let the dealers trap us & they willingly worked with us. We made it clear that we were just shopping. We choose the Edge because it did not feel cheap. Love the cars looks both inside and out. The ford touch was a little hard at first but we have not had any problems since we have gotten use to it. Once we decided to buy. We found 2 cars 30 miles apart and worked the dealers against each other over the phone. We had our deal in less than 1 hour and paid with our own financing. It was easy and fun shopping.

Favorite Features

The passenger seat was upgrade to the same level as driver's. The back seats go down from the rear while loading. All wheel drive, we live in Colorado. It is frisky to drive. Better MPG than our last smaller SUV. The color choices inside and out. We have had it for 1 year and it is the best car that we have ever owned. We love our Ford Edge

Suggested Improvements

The washer fluid freezes up too easily in cold weather even with low temperature fluid in it.