2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Arctic Vortex
By jmcer on 02/27/14 11:43 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This winter has proven to be one of the snowiest here in Pennsylvania among other states. We just turned over 10,000 miles on our 2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD and are very pleased. The AWD is confident and tracks so well through the snow and slush. The Sync Travel Link was a nice feature when we went to Michigan to see family. We were able to watch a live weather map on top of our navigation while driving. We are very happy with our decision to go with the Edge.

2013 Sel Loaded awd
By 1truthseekr on 01/25/14 18:28 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Stylish wrap-a-round interior makes you feel secure. Great pick up speed 3.5 liter v6 is better than most SUV's we tried.We love the blindspot mirrors.Pan. Vista Sunroof is awesome-a must. Leather seats are comfortable all around. Bun warmers run a little hot but adjustaded down great! No problems with nav. or My Ford touch. Updated My Ford touch easily. We got Tuxedo Black. It has beautiful multi-colored metallic paint. Front end commands respect. 20 inch chrome rims look classy! Awd handles well. Truck glides down freeway. We live in Ohio so awd is smart. We like the SEL better than the Limited or Sport. Millage ok we got big engine.no eco boost. We love it!

2013 Ford Edge SEL
By beloff on 01/23/14 12:00 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A loaded SEL was the best bang for the buck and allowed for easy customizing. Not a fan of Fords attempt at Chrome and Blacked out elements as upgrades, The SEL had all the safety features I needed.

Excellent for the Value
By rickymo on 11/29/13 01:37 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the best SUVs I have ever owned. I have had it for about 10 months now- no complaints! I enjoy driving it! Many complain about the Ford MY Touch/SYNC - it is cumbersome at first (so was the IPhone for me) but once I got the hang of it works well! I am very pleased and I will get another one in 2016!

Engine Noise
By fordedge2013 on 10/30/13 21:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this fully loaded Ford Edge AWD in June 2013. After driving it for 2 months, the engine starts to make some noises when the SUV is idle at the traffic light, when I press on the brake. The noise sounds like "du du du du du...".......The noise is gone when I relase the brake. It is very wired. I brought it to the dealer and the dealer said the sound is common. Well, I didn't find it in my previous RAV4... Wondering whether other Edge owners have the similar issue with the engine while on brake at traffic light?

A nice step up.
By charbojr on 05/15/13 12:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning a 2010 RAV4 for the last 3 years. We decided that we couldn't take it any more. While capable the RAV 4 Sport was not a very comfortable or rewarding car. Fast forward to the Ford Edge. This car is quite nice. Quite, powerful, and comfortable. Was pleasantly surprised by the engine note from the base V6 and while its not an eco buster, MPGs are above average for a heavy SUV and now that it's broken in a bit we are seeing an improvement. The Sync system is a little clunky and the worst characteristic is it's in ability to keep accurate time. Not sure if it's a bug, but never the less and bizarre fault. Should have opted for the panoramic sun roof.

2013 Ford Edge sel w/appearance package
By billcabral on 04/19/13 13:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The truck has nice styling. The smoked lights and 20 inch black wheels really go well with the deep blue impact metallic paint. The interior is where it lacks. Cramped up front for driver if your big like myself.(6'3"tall 285lbs) back seat is also hard to get in and out of. My son who sits in the back most of the time is only 5‘7“ and skinny. This is a common problem with all ford trucks. We have an Expedition and its a pain in the you know what to get in and out the back seat. The new version of the Ford My Sync works great. The older one stunk. I think it has too many colors going on in side that just don’t match the truck. Like two different silvers, and a bronze(ish) color center console. The stitching on the seats should match something but it doesn’t. I do like the two tone leather and suede. I also like the rear seats being able to recline back., oh and the vista roof which is a must have. Performance wise its kind of slow for a truck pushing close to 290HP. It does brake well and the handling is pretty nice for an SUV. So for now it’s a pretty nice truck. Again the interior needs to match how detailed the outside is for this to be a really good suv.

Car, Love It, MyTouch, Not So Much!
By claymoore on 10/27/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I get a lot of coments on my Edge. I have the Deep Impact Blue SEL with Vista Sun Roof. I've had it for almost 2 months and I love this car. It's fun to drive, it has plenty of power when you need it. I'm a big guy, 6'4" and I have plenty of room vertically, could use a little more room in the hips, snug but comfortable. I'm avg 16.4 mpg but I do a lot of stop and go driving. I am looking forward to a long trip. The didn't think I would like Vista Roof, but it was the only SEL in Blue the dealer had, but driving down the Paliseades with the wind in my hair and the sound system blairing, makes me feel young again! Did I say I love this Car?!?!

Automatic Transmission problem
By thax8844 on 07/29/12 11:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 ford Edge with Ecobost. From the day I drove it off the lot the transmission shifted with a very loud clunk when shifting from 1st to 2nd I took it back to the dealer and they are trying to fix it. They must jump through all of Fords hoops, This is causing me a lot of frustration because I can not drive the car. I really think the fix is to install a new transmission and let Ford play with the old one on their own time not mine. I have owned at least 8 Ford cars and this is the first screwed up one I have ever owned.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Edge in VA is:

$123 per month*