2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Love everything about this car EXCEPT the cloth upholstery
By 1happycamper on 12/01/14 08:35 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I truly love this car. I previously owned ten Volkswagens and two Subarus and found the Edge to be much more reliable and the build being of better quality. I can put the back seat down and the front seat down and put my kayak inside the vehicle too! The interior plastic is of good quality and does NOT rattle at all (which was a big issue I had with the Subaru's...that and the stupid muffler guard always being loose). I will stick with Ford in the future. The only thing I wish I did differently was I would've bought leather. The cloth upholstery is HORRIBLE and even when rain hits it the seats look like someone peed on them! Pay for Scotchguard or get the leather package!

Love This Car
By jefffie on 11/29/14 04:30 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When we decided to buy a new car we had time on our side. It took 2 months to test drive 15 different makes and models. We would not let the dealers trap us & they willingly worked with us. We made it clear that we were just shopping. We choose the Edge because it did not feel cheap. Love the cars looks both inside and out. The ford touch was a little hard at first but we have not had any problems since we have gotten use to it. Once we decided to buy. We found 2 cars 30 miles apart and worked the dealers against each other over the phone. We had our deal in less than 1 hour and paid with our own financing. It was easy and fun shopping.

Great Job Ford!!
By gadgetiomc on 05/15/14 11:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American Made car I have owned in 25 years. I actually intended to buy an Escape. However with the incentives offered the Edge was only $2000.00 more. was well worth it. My wife has a 2011 Toyota Avalon that is one of the best riding vehicles I have ever ridden in. This Edge is only slightly behind it. The 3.5L had plenty of performance the handling is great. The interior with power memory seats is great on long drives. The SYNC is great once you learn it. You may actually have to read the book to learn it. A friend of mine trailered his Harley over 400 miles and raved at the handling

Great SUV
By daniel456 on 05/01/14 15:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2013 Ford Edge since June 2013. I've traveled from Ohio to South Carolina 4 times to see my granddaughter, daughter and son in law. I couldn't be happier with the comfortable ride. The My Touch does take a little bit of time to get use to, but I have not had any problems. I would recommend going to the Ford website and watch the tutorials, There are also nice YouTube videos. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Why all of the Negative Reviews in the Press?
By carcritic3 on 04/23/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand why the automotive press dislikes the Edge so much.. Consumer Reports complains about an unrefined engine and transmission a jittery ride, road noise and poor reliability. I've had my Edge for 6 months and 7500 miles and have had no problems at all. The engine and transmission operate smoothly, it is quiet on the highway, and I love the ride. It is on the firm side but the vehicle handles like a car despite its high center of gravity. It is stable in cross winds unlike a Saturn Vue we owned. My Edge DOES NOT HAVE the My Ford Touch system. It has the My Ford system with buttons, dials, and switches and I love it.

Arctic Vortex
By jmcer on 02/27/14 11:43 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This winter has proven to be one of the snowiest here in Pennsylvania among other states. We just turned over 10,000 miles on our 2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD and are very pleased. The AWD is confident and tracks so well through the snow and slush. The Sync Travel Link was a nice feature when we went to Michigan to see family. We were able to watch a live weather map on top of our navigation while driving. We are very happy with our decision to go with the Edge.

2013 Sel Loaded awd
By 1truthseekr on 01/25/14 18:28 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Stylish wrap-a-round interior makes you feel secure. Great pick up speed 3.5 liter v6 is better than most SUV's we tried.We love the blindspot mirrors.Pan. Vista Sunroof is awesome-a must. Leather seats are comfortable all around. Bun warmers run a little hot but adjustaded down great! No problems with nav. or My Ford touch. Updated My Ford touch easily. We got Tuxedo Black. It has beautiful multi-colored metallic paint. Front end commands respect. 20 inch chrome rims look classy! Awd handles well. Truck glides down freeway. We live in Ohio so awd is smart. We like the SEL better than the Limited or Sport. Millage ok we got big engine.no eco boost. We love it!

2013 Ford Edge SEL
By beloff on 01/23/14 12:00 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A loaded SEL was the best bang for the buck and allowed for easy customizing. Not a fan of Fords attempt at Chrome and Blacked out elements as upgrades, The SEL had all the safety features I needed.

Excellent for the Value
By rickymo on 11/29/13 01:37 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the best SUVs I have ever owned. I have had it for about 10 months now- no complaints! I enjoy driving it! Many complain about the Ford MY Touch/SYNC - it is cumbersome at first (so was the IPhone for me) but once I got the hang of it works well! I am very pleased and I will get another one in 2016!

Still Loving it after 25k
By bobinjax on 11/06/13 18:32 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2013 Edge Ltd in June of 2012. Just bumped over 25k. I've read all the worst reviews to see if anything sounds familiar. Thankfully no. Love my Edge. I don't disbelieve that people have bad experiences, after all humans put these cars together (for the most part). My experience is opposite. No issues with my Mid Life Crisis on Wheels. I found fault w/ software compatibility (WMA files) but no longer an issue. The MPG is off; I'm not an average driver. I love power and agility in this car. Sync & MyFord Touch work great, now that I understand it. Read the manual when all else failed. My recommendation is a "Buy". Read all Bad and Good reviews too.