Used 2013 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford Sucks
By jammeabend

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Customer care sucks. My Edge was involved in a minor accident on May 12th, the passenger side door is creased and unrepairable. To date we are still waiting on door and will be waiting for a minumim of 2 more months. Meanwhile the body shop has my edge torn apart and is undrivable. During this time we have contacted Ford on many occasions and have received the run around and been told it's not Fords fault it is their vendor. We were told that if it were a dealership fixing it they would provide a rental but my local dealer is not an approved repair facility. I hate to rate the car so low, because I do enjoy the car, but 3 mos waiting on a door is unacceptable.

Review for anyone tall
By abellows

2013 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're a tall person and in the market for a crossover, give the Ford Edge a serious look. I'm 6'5 220# and have plenty of room in all directions. The driver seat has many settings for your comfort. Now for the rest, I never thought I'd buy a Ford but I love this vehicle. The V6 really moves and looks great while doing it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The sound system is crisp and clear. I don't have a phone with Bluetooth but Sync works really good with my i-touch. My only complaint so far is the transmission. It really doesn't like 2nd gear and reading other reviews it seems to be a known issue with the Edge. Highly recommend this vehicle especially if you're tall.

Favorite Features

All of it but if I have to narrow it down I would vote for comfort. I can't wait to put my bike in the back and leave the world behind. :)

Suggested Improvements

Do something with the sluggishness of the transmission.

Nice overall car.
By mat375

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall this is a pretty nice car. The ride is fairly smooth, the cabin is quiet and comfortable, the engine has plenty of power even for a crossover that is a bit overweight like this one. The my ford touch is a bit of a pain to use, could have been made much simplier, and the transmission is a little rough shifting at times. The awd is better than not having any, but it will never have the ability of some of its competitors like Subaru, Audi, or even Toyota, just not nearly as capable.

Favorite Features

Nice room for a five passenger crossover as long as your not too tall, classy interior, quiet comfortable ride, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Make a better awd / traction control system, refine the transmission a bit more, offer a manual transmission option, eliminate the my Ford touch and get a system that is actually usable, redesign the rear hatch so it has less taper at the top to increase room.

Love everything about this car EXCEPT the cloth upholstery
By 1happycamper

2013 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I truly love this car. I previously owned ten Volkswagens and two Subarus and found the Edge to be much more reliable and the build being of better quality. I can put the back seat down and the front seat down and put my kayak inside the vehicle too! The interior plastic is of good quality and does NOT rattle at all (which was a big issue I had with the Subaru's...that and the stupid muffler guard always being loose). I will stick with Ford in the future. The only thing I wish I did differently was I would've bought leather. The cloth upholstery is HORRIBLE and even when rain hits it the seats look like someone peed on them! Pay for Scotchguard or get the leather package!

Favorite Features

Body is solid Exterior design is pleasant Interior plastic is well made Drive is comfortable Tires (MIchelin's) are excellent! Even the lowest base package of vehicle provides a quality ride and excellent comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible horrible horrible cloth interior. Stainproofing needs be standard gang! Seriously!! Even when rain hits the seats, once it dries, it looks like a pee stain! Need some work on the Bluetooth linking product since it picks up all the background noise and is a waste of time to use.

Love This Car
By jefffie

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When we decided to buy a new car we had time on our side. It took 2 months to test drive 15 different makes and models. We would not let the dealers trap us & they willingly worked with us. We made it clear that we were just shopping. We choose the Edge because it did not feel cheap. Love the cars looks both inside and out. The ford touch was a little hard at first but we have not had any problems since we have gotten use to it. Once we decided to buy. We found 2 cars 30 miles apart and worked the dealers against each other over the phone. We had our deal in less than 1 hour and paid with our own financing. It was easy and fun shopping.

Favorite Features

The passenger seat was upgrade to the same level as driver's. The back seats go down from the rear while loading. All wheel drive, we live in Colorado. It is frisky to drive. Better MPG than our last smaller SUV. The color choices inside and out. We have had it for 1 year and it is the best car that we have ever owned. We love our Ford Edge

Suggested Improvements

The washer fluid freezes up too easily in cold weather even with low temperature fluid in it.