2013 Ford Edge SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2013 Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Sort Reviews by

Review for anyone tall
By abellows

2013 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're a tall person and in the market for a crossover, give the Ford Edge a serious look. I'm 6'5 220# and have plenty of room in all directions. The driver seat has many settings for your comfort. Now for the rest, I never thought I'd buy a Ford but I love this vehicle. The V6 really moves and looks great while doing it. The ride is smooth and quiet. The sound system is crisp and clear. I don't have a phone with Bluetooth but Sync works really good with my i-touch. My only complaint so far is the transmission. It really doesn't like 2nd gear and reading other reviews it seems to be a known issue with the Edge. Highly recommend this vehicle especially if you're tall.

Favorite Features

All of it but if I have to narrow it down I would vote for comfort. I can't wait to put my bike in the back and leave the world behind. :)

Suggested Improvements

Do something with the sluggishness of the transmission.

Nice overall car.
By mat375

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall this is a pretty nice car. The ride is fairly smooth, the cabin is quiet and comfortable, the engine has plenty of power even for a crossover that is a bit overweight like this one. The my ford touch is a bit of a pain to use, could have been made much simplier, and the transmission is a little rough shifting at times. The awd is better than not having any, but it will never have the ability of some of its competitors like Subaru, Audi, or even Toyota, just not nearly as capable.

Favorite Features

Nice room for a five passenger crossover as long as your not too tall, classy interior, quiet comfortable ride, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Make a better awd / traction control system, refine the transmission a bit more, offer a manual transmission option, eliminate the my Ford touch and get a system that is actually usable, redesign the rear hatch so it has less taper at the top to increase room.

Love everything about this car EXCEPT the cloth upholstery
By 1happycamper

2013 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I truly love this car. I previously owned ten Volkswagens and two Subarus and found the Edge to be much more reliable and the build being of better quality. I can put the back seat down and the front seat down and put my kayak inside the vehicle too! The interior plastic is of good quality and does NOT rattle at all (which was a big issue I had with the Subaru's...that and the stupid muffler guard always being loose). I will stick with Ford in the future. The only thing I wish I did differently was I would've bought leather. The cloth upholstery is HORRIBLE and even when rain hits it the seats look like someone peed on them! Pay for Scotchguard or get the leather package!

Favorite Features

Body is solid Exterior design is pleasant Interior plastic is well made Drive is comfortable Tires (MIchelin's) are excellent! Even the lowest base package of vehicle provides a quality ride and excellent comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible horrible horrible cloth interior. Stainproofing needs be standard gang! Seriously!! Even when rain hits the seats, once it dries, it looks like a pee stain! Need some work on the Bluetooth linking product since it picks up all the background noise and is a waste of time to use.

Love This Car
By jefffie

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When we decided to buy a new car we had time on our side. It took 2 months to test drive 15 different makes and models. We would not let the dealers trap us & they willingly worked with us. We made it clear that we were just shopping. We choose the Edge because it did not feel cheap. Love the cars looks both inside and out. The ford touch was a little hard at first but we have not had any problems since we have gotten use to it. Once we decided to buy. We found 2 cars 30 miles apart and worked the dealers against each other over the phone. We had our deal in less than 1 hour and paid with our own financing. It was easy and fun shopping.

Favorite Features

The passenger seat was upgrade to the same level as driver's. The back seats go down from the rear while loading. All wheel drive, we live in Colorado. It is frisky to drive. Better MPG than our last smaller SUV. The color choices inside and out. We have had it for 1 year and it is the best car that we have ever owned. We love our Ford Edge

Suggested Improvements

The washer fluid freezes up too easily in cold weather even with low temperature fluid in it.

Great Job Ford!!
By gadgetiomc

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American Made car I have owned in 25 years. I actually intended to buy an Escape. However with the incentives offered the Edge was only $2000.00 more. was well worth it. My wife has a 2011 Toyota Avalon that is one of the best riding vehicles I have ever ridden in. This Edge is only slightly behind it. The 3.5L had plenty of performance the handling is great. The interior with power memory seats is great on long drives. The SYNC is great once you learn it. You may actually have to read the book to learn it. A friend of mine trailered his Harley over 400 miles and raved at the handling

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finsh,noise abatement and keyless ignition

Suggested Improvements

I have two very minor complaints. The climate control system is very touchy. I always seem to go to a manual setup. I was hoping for a little better miles in the city. 18 MPG. Granted I do drive to work in stop and go traffic. the Highway was 26+.

Great SUV
By daniel456

2013 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2013 Ford Edge since June 2013. I've traveled from Ohio to South Carolina 4 times to see my granddaughter, daughter and son in law. I couldn't be happier with the comfortable ride. The My Touch does take a little bit of time to get use to, but I have not had any problems. I would recommend going to the Ford website and watch the tutorials, There are also nice YouTube videos. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, memory driver seat, My Touch, Dual climate controls, heated seats, USB ports, plenty of cargo space

Suggested Improvements

better size cup holder area in side doors

Why all of the Negative Reviews in the Press?
By carcritic3

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand why the automotive press dislikes the Edge so much.. Consumer Reports complains about an unrefined engine and transmission a jittery ride, road noise and poor reliability. I've had my Edge for 6 months and 7500 miles and have had no problems at all. The engine and transmission operate smoothly, it is quiet on the highway, and I love the ride. It is on the firm side but the vehicle handles like a car despite its high center of gravity. It is stable in cross winds unlike a Saturn Vue we owned. My Edge DOES NOT HAVE the My Ford Touch system. It has the My Ford system with buttons, dials, and switches and I love it.

Favorite Features

The ride and handling. The size and cargo capacity. The comfort on long trips it is smooth and quiet. I love the smoothness of the 3.5 L V-6 and the 6-speed automatic transmission. I love the power. I love the standard back up sensors The gas mileage isn't all that bad for a vehicle of this size and with an engine this size. I get 17-19 MPG in town depending on traffic and red lights and 26 to 27 highway again depending on highway conditions, load in the vehicle and the speed traveled at. I get what the EPA says it should get. I'm willing to sacrifice a few MPG to had a lot of power on tap when needed.

Suggested Improvements

The Owner's manual is very poorly written - next to useless. The tail gate is very heavy - would like to see a composite gate rather than steel. The SEL trim level does not have one touch down on the front passenger side window nor does it have the home link universal garage door opener. The rear head rests don't fold down when not in use blocking the drivers rear vision.

Arctic Vortex
By jmcer

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This winter has proven to be one of the snowiest here in Pennsylvania among other states. We just turned over 10,000 miles on our 2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD and are very pleased. The AWD is confident and tracks so well through the snow and slush. The Sync Travel Link was a nice feature when we went to Michigan to see family. We were able to watch a live weather map on top of our navigation while driving. We are very happy with our decision to go with the Edge.

Favorite Features

My Ford Touch Sync Travel Link AWD Heated Seats OEM Rubber Floor Mats

Suggested Improvements

Standard HID's Larger front seats Chrome window sills for SEL

2013 Sel Loaded awd
By 1truthseekr

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Stylish wrap-a-round interior makes you feel secure. Great pick up speed 3.5 liter v6 is better than most SUV's we tried.We love the blindspot mirrors.Pan. Vista Sunroof is awesome-a must. Leather seats are comfortable all around. Bun warmers run a little hot but adjustaded down great! No problems with nav. or My Ford touch. Updated My Ford touch easily. We got Tuxedo Black. It has beautiful multi-colored metallic paint. Front end commands respect. 20 inch chrome rims look classy! Awd handles well. Truck glides down freeway. We live in Ohio so awd is smart. We like the SEL better than the Limited or Sport. Millage ok we got big engine.no eco boost. We love it!

Favorite Features

Favorites: Vista Sunroof-Chunky front end-20 inch chrome rims-leather seats all fold down flat except driver (drivers not available)-All seats firm and comfortable- Bun warmers nice-We got cargo mat-Power liftgate is height adjustable-Underside of exterior mirrors light up-Blindspot detectors-Back up camera-on steering wheel commands-Awd handles nicely-we ordered ours-love all the features!

Suggested Improvements

None so far--truck is great!

2013 Ford Edge SEL
By beloff

2013 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A loaded SEL was the best bang for the buck and allowed for easy customizing. Not a fan of Fords attempt at Chrome and Blacked out elements as upgrades, The SEL had all the safety features I needed.

Favorite Features

Park assist, Navigation, hands free phone, HUGE sunroof and Interior w/ exception of leather quality (average).

Suggested Improvements

I think Ford is doing a great job building cars people want and need. Would have loved a Fusion in a wagon but not made. I think the Edge is a stand alone in it's segment. It will do 90 percent of everything I need and I will add the remainder of features as I customize. I do believe there should be a standard front bumper park assist as well.