Do Not Buy an Edge
By ginglis on
2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I made a big mistake. I had the Edge back to the dealer within 4 days of delivery. The Turbo charge of the ecoboost makes the wheels spin if it is wet when you take off from a stop. The sync is a real problem. When it works, it is nice...when it works. The navigation screen will go blank all of a sudden or a note that says SD card is not detected will appear. Sometimes you cannot answer the phone because the car will suddenly lose the bluetooth. Using the radio tuning seek button on the wheel will not work. If it will allow you to change manually, 3 min. later the station will change again because it is catching up from B4.The dealer says it is my phone. I have had 2 different phones.
Favorite Features
Comfortable and aesthetically pleasing interior. I like the look of the exterior. Love the jumbo sunroof. Nice graphic on the dash and navigation. Very nice sound system. I have the EcoBoost....which is not listed as a model choice above...FYI
Suggested Improvements
Get it to work. If everything worked as the website shows, I would be thrilled. Even though the gas mileage is not even close to advertised, it would still be a decent vehicle. I can't tell you how disappointed I have been. It is all my fault according to the dealer. I have an iPhone...they apparently cause all sorts of problems...navigation system, keyless entry, radio freezing and not responding to anything. I regret buying this car. It has been nothing but trouble. I have learned my lesson and am driving my last Ford.
By dlance54
on 09/03/12 07:49 AM (PDT)

One thing at a time. The Turbos "Do Not Make The Wheels Spin". That is caused by a heavy foot on the gas pedal. You need to drive more carefully on wet surfaces. The car doesn't lose the blue tooth, your phone does. You have to have a properly working phone, with a signal, for it to work. I have seen the I-Phone work better than any other phone in the system. I don't know why a Microsoft/ Apple System work so well together, but they do. My Android phone works almost as well, but my wife's Blackberry is a different story. Apparently the Blackberry has too much built in security.

By dbbunny
on 01/19/12 22:01 PM (PST)

I recently purchased the same car except with the 3.5L V6. You have to like tech to like this car. I am using an old HTC phone running Microsoft Windows Mobile V6 and I have experienced all the issues you have mentioned plus more. This is what I do. When I start the engine, I wait maybe a few extra moments before moving off to allow the synch system to at least start playing the radio or USB and optimally until the Nav system finds my location. I havent ever rebooted the system by disconnecting the battery or fuse box. Just let the thing sit overnight(s) and work itself out and do without if necessary. Rebooting from the car battery will erase the trim and user information from the engine and auto transmission. Thats the info it learns about your driving while you are driving. Try not to pull the fuse on the synch system. My system seems to chase the old bugs out every couple of nights and then I get new ones but they aren't lasting as long. Use a 2011 or 2012 built USB memory stick if you are using the USB music feature. This might be hokum but it seemed to work for me. Try to keep a sense of humor while you watch these bugs come and go. I get new ones every day but they are lasting a few minutes at best. Last one was the no key message on first start up even though I had the key right in my hand on the steering wheel. Had to get the girlfriend to exit the vehicle, where upon it found the key. No further comment on that. Dont give up, try to find the patience we have to have for new tech. An update scheduled for late Jan 2012 is supposed to fix everything. wait and see. Vehicle delivered Nov 18, 2011, now have 900 miles on it.