2012 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Do Not Buy an Edge
By ginglis on 01/18/12 17:40 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I made a big mistake. I had the Edge back to the dealer within 4 days of delivery. The Turbo charge of the ecoboost makes the wheels spin if it is wet when you take off from a stop. The sync is a real problem. When it works, it is nice...when it works. The navigation screen will go blank all of a sudden or a note that says SD card is not detected will appear. Sometimes you cannot answer the phone because the car will suddenly lose the bluetooth. Using the radio tuning seek button on the wheel will not work. If it will allow you to change manually, 3 min. later the station will change again because it is catching up from B4.The dealer says it is my phone. I have had 2 different phones.

AWD SEL Edge 2012 a Great Consideration
By mtschida on 12/20/11 22:35 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I live in a mountainous area and have been struggling a few mos. a year with my FWD. It was time to go for an AWD. I also need room for 2 dogs, musical instruments, groceries, grandkids on occasion and was struggling with my smaller FWD sedan. I'd put the back seats down on my sedan and the dogs (Border Collies) would slide into the trunk. Needed a bigger car that could hold the road and get up all these hills while filled with stuff...In making my decision, I looked at several vehicles but liked the Edge. Had rented one and was very happy after a week of driving in snow and up and down some big hills. Also loved the tech.

Watch out Lexus, MB, BMW...
By rhlovelace on 12/06/11 05:12 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The new Ford Edge caught my eye and the Sport version really looked sets this vehicle apart from the others. No other midsize SUV looks as nice. 3.7 L engine is strong for a V6 but car is pretty heavy at 4,400 lbs (2 wheel drive version). Definitely can feel the build quality. Cabin is designed very well. Comfortable at 6'2". Wish driver seat went lower like passenger seat. MyFordSync is really cool. Weather maps, gas prices, navigation all very cool. There is a learning curve and those that don't LOVE technology may find it a bit frustrating.

Great Car!!!
By jsonaday on 11/29/11 19:20 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Quiet, smooth, some what comfortable. i hate the navi in it! it is slow to respond and is a hassle to use. The touch buttons are very sensitive but its nice to have. The screen is pretty bad and unresponsive. Too many things to touch or click just to do basic stuff like turn on the heat. Love the 20" rims. Rear Air is awesome and that is one of the reasons we bought this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Edge in VA is:

$156 per month*