Used 2012 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Quiet, powerful and loaded
By mtnarch

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very solid build, no rattles, squeaks or sounds. Lots of power with the V6! Sync with MyFordTouch is really nice - spend time learning it and realize that the touch screen is not instantaneous. V6 will eat up the gas - watch how far you press the peddle down to pass or accelerate - but the power that's there when you do is nothing short of amazing!

Love the MyFordTouch ("MFT") - worth the money to upgrade to.

Great vehicle!!
By emasride

2012 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Initially, I saw this 2012 Blue Edge Sport AWD in the showroom and had to have it. I have had 3 Escapes, BMW X5 and a GrandvCherokee.. The first time I test drove the Edge I immediately fell in love, twice..Handles incredibly well..amazingly comfortable and looks great. it's been 5 months since I had bought my Edge Sport and still in love..The fit and finish is flawless..plenty of room in all aspects..and the features? wow...way too many to list..I always seem to find something wrong in most things..a bad habit..but honestly? Ford nailed it on the head.....over and over with this one!

I have read some complaints about the MyFordTouch...I know there are some glitches here and there..Ford has taken a proactive approach with this..they offer quality updates that do improve the system..incredible saftely features..the seats are amazing ...the handling is great..The Edge Sport looks great!!!..

My one and only major complaint?..The edge is literally made within an hours drive from my house..and not all features are offered..I REALLY want the traffic and weather alert offered by sirius and ford to be offered in Canada..please!!

Gas Milage
By autofire

2012 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

OK they told me 26 or 28 MPG on the hwy. Not even close, 21 is the best I can get. I went to the dealer and rode around with a technician with his computer plugged into the car wile riding. He could only get 22.1 on the hwy. He said that car would never get 26 mpg. If you don't need big gas milage the car is awesome it has more stuff than our Escalade but it does get better milage than the Escalade

2012 Ford edge se awd 3.5 L
By only_the_facts

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have less than 7 K on my Edge, dash is starting to rattle already. No way can this vehicle delivery stated MPG on the window sticker. Best i can get is 19-20 MPG driving gentle and posted speed limits. The sycn system in this and other Fords are an absolute joke! The thing is a blood pressure riser as it doesnt give you time to speak when asking to locate business or address! It doesnt understand plainly spoken english, just says i did get that! So i repeat again, nope, would you like to speak to an operator is your next choice. I ask it to locate a shell gas station and the damn thing connected me to Condor Airlines, OMG! I about shot the damn thing! I just turned off and dreamed of the good'ol days when i had my GM product and Onstar! There is no comparison between the two. Do yourself a favor, keep your blood pressure down and go with an Onstar equipted car/truck! I'm really considering trading this crazy car off and just eat the loss! I just cant take using the Sync system any longer! It's gotta go before it causes me to have a heart attact!

Bluetooth setup for phone calls, pretty interior light color choices

Scrape the Sycn System, go over to GM and beg them to let Ford have OnStar! Daylight running lights on every car truck!

Edge continuous problems
By grayling

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 Edge Limited AWD which is about 1 month old and has already been in the shop 3 times. While I enjoy the ride and handling of the vehicle the build quality suffers quite a bit. The SYNC and My Ford Touch systems are a complete disaster that the dealer will not tell you about prior to purchase. The screen locks up, goes blank, won't pair with my phone most of the time and the voice commands are usually not understood. Ford's answer to this is "take out fuse #29, wait 3 minutes and reinstall the fuse", then they tell you a new software update to fix the problems will be out in a couple of months. This will be update #3, I sure hope it works or this will be my last Ford.

Ride, handling, SYNC/My Ford Touch....when it works which is seldom.

SYNC/My Ford Touch. Why put a system out when you know it doesn't work? Mileage. I am averaging 15 mpg city and 18 mpg highway and I am a light throttle driver (window sticker mileage is posted at 19 city, 25 highway.) Front seats need to be quite forward for 2nd row seats to fold down. If the front seats are in a normal driving position the 2nd row seat headrests will hit the back of the front seats and not fold down.