Used 2012 Ford Edge Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Gas Milage
By autofire

2012 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

OK they told me 26 or 28 MPG on the hwy. Not even close, 21 is the best I can get. I went to the dealer and rode around with a technician with his computer plugged into the car wile riding. He could only get 22.1 on the hwy. He said that car would never get 26 mpg. If you don't need big gas milage the car is awesome it has more stuff than our Escalade but it does get better milage than the Escalade

Watch out Lexus, MB, BMW...
By rhlovelace

2012 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The new Ford Edge caught my eye and the Sport version really looked sets this vehicle apart from the others. No other midsize SUV looks as nice. 3.7 L engine is strong for a V6 but car is pretty heavy at 4,400 lbs (2 wheel drive version). Definitely can feel the build quality. Cabin is designed very well. Comfortable at 6'2". Wish driver seat went lower like passenger seat. MyFordSync is really cool. Weather maps, gas prices, navigation all very cool. There is a learning curve and those that don't LOVE technology may find it a bit frustrating.

Ford SYNC is by far the coolest feature on this car. Streaming music from my iPhone or streaming Pandora with Bluetooth or via the iPhone cable is great and results in little FM or Satellite radio time. If the iPhone is tethered, you can access play lists and the album art from iTunes shows up on display. Very nice features....when they are working. I have had to remove the fuse for the radio two times to resolve connection issues. Often, music will stop playing when iPhone is tethered to the car. Also, car shows iPhone is connected but loses or won't connect to the audio for streaming/playing music. Sometimes after a phone all streaming does not resume. Like blind spot monitor.

Improve speed of SYNC with regards to time lapse when pushing buttons. Make driver seat adjust lower (power controls may limit this). Find a way to use a larger fuel tank. Gas mileage average for me is just under 19 MPG. Small tank does not last long. Hope mileage improves after engine breaks in.