Used 2012 Ford Edge Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Edge was the right choice
By stokepotters

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have appr. 6,000 miles on 2012 Edge Limited with 2.0 ecoboost and can say with confidence, this was a good buy. This vehicle offers all of the features I was looking for, with little compromise. It is a great commuter vehicle, getting 27-29 mpg, mostly highway. The 2.0 l turbo offers performance and power when needed. Technology - MyFordTouch latest version works very well and is very capable. Roominess - plenty of room for 5 adults. Camping with the family proved very doable - with use of hitch mounted carrier. Towing - pulls my medium sized boat with no problem. Smooth, quiet ride that gets high compliments from Lexus, Audi, Cadillac owners.

Favorite Features

Panoramic sun roof. 2.0 ecoboost. 20" wheels. Solid mpg. 390 watt 12 speaker system (w/subwoofer) in Limited.

Suggested Improvements

Improved range of tilt steering wheel (lower and greater degree of tilt)

Edge
By dlance54

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2012 Edge is one of the nicest, most comfortable SUV's I have ever driven. When your going down the road and "floor it" it simply responds and takes off. The smoothness of the ride is indescribable. The test drive we took before purchase just did not do it justice. We have taken several trips in it now and you never get tired because the leather seats are so comfortable.

Favorite Features

The MyFord Touch with the redundant controls on the steering wheel. I can change radio stations, climate and get directions by using the steering wheel controls and/ or voice commands.

Suggested Improvements

After the update was done to the MyFord Touch it didn't look as "Techy". I liked that look, but maybe it was dumbed down for those not as into that type of thing.

Do Not Buy an Edge
By ginglis

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I made a big mistake. I had the Edge back to the dealer within 4 days of delivery. The Turbo charge of the ecoboost makes the wheels spin if it is wet when you take off from a stop. The sync is a real problem. When it works, it is nice...when it works. The navigation screen will go blank all of a sudden or a note that says SD card is not detected will appear. Sometimes you cannot answer the phone because the car will suddenly lose the bluetooth. Using the radio tuning seek button on the wheel will not work. If it will allow you to change manually, 3 min. later the station will change again because it is catching up from B4.The dealer says it is my phone. I have had 2 different phones.

Favorite Features

Comfortable and aesthetically pleasing interior. I like the look of the exterior. Love the jumbo sunroof. Nice graphic on the dash and navigation. Very nice sound system. I have the EcoBoost....which is not listed as a model choice above...FYI

Suggested Improvements

Get it to work. If everything worked as the website shows, I would be thrilled. Even though the gas mileage is not even close to advertised, it would still be a decent vehicle. I can't tell you how disappointed I have been. It is all my fault according to the dealer. I have an iPhone...they apparently cause all sorts of problems...navigation system, keyless entry, radio freezing and not responding to anything. I regret buying this car. It has been nothing but trouble. I have learned my lesson and am driving my last Ford.