Used 2012 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Would rather walk than buy another Ford
By F*ck Ford

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

got this car back in 2014. Amazing deal and after about a year I learned why. All of the technology has died, even the radio won't turn on. Most importantly there is a part in the door that keeps the door from locking all the time. I learned about this after I was robbed twice. It is a common defect , but there is no recall on it. I lost my laptop, tablets and flag from my uniform in Iraq. Called Ford and they pretty much told me to pound sand. Now the right brake drum is going and the motor in the passenger window is having death throws. So basically I got a car and in 3 years of owning it I will have to pay another 2-3 grand just to have it work the way it is supposed to . I owned a Toyota for over 12 year and never had the problems I am having with this Ford. I don't even do anything strange in it. I just drive on the road.

Enjoying My Ride
By Sheree Hendricks

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford has come a long way over the years. Love my Ford Edge inside and out.

2012 Ford Edge SEL
By Martin Miller

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Looking Money Pit
By rcl

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Truth: The Edge is one good looking SUV. It's sleek; the SEL level has lovely interior design and chrome details.
Truth: I have never spent so much money on a car or time in the shop as I have with this waste of money.
Within 8 months of owning my freshly-built Edge in 2012 I had 3 recalls. The oft-mentioned fuel line recall was scary and took a full week to fix. Currently, 4 years later, I have experienced my "drive terrain" sensor going out (in the middle of traffic) causing my steering column to lock and requiring the car to be towed to the dealer for service; my sunroof shim has fallen off; my nav work about 74% of the time; and as I type, it's in the shop to have the break booster replaced under the extended warranty and my door sensor latch which is "defective" and requires a $275 replacement.
In general, the tech is not super reliable and often goes out. The best solution to this is to unplug the car battery and "reboot" the computer. Utterly ridiculous reliability for a $36,000 car.
I've also been shocked by how poorly this SUV handles snow or rain. It slides quite a bit, slow stopping time and not nearly enough power to get a good grip on the road when accelerating from a dead spot in snow.
It is truly the most disappointing car I've ever owned.

wonderful
By sid delagrange

2012 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

No problems. ..only good memories.