2012 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Very disappointed
By joneskmaz on 05/08/14 10:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for nearly 2 years and continue to be disappointed. The battery died after 1 year, brake booster went out, Vista roof rubber rails fell off driving down the freeway, then the motor wouldn't close it. Air conditioning went out May 2013 and now again this May 2014, has been recalled for the fuel line. I've had a mysterious grinding noise starting the car and it won't start then you can start it, they don't know what's wrong. The SYNC doesn't work correctly and does strange things, I spend hours at the dealer and most times they can't or won't give me a rental. I am at the point of never wanting to own another Ford and want to trade this in for something reliable.

Business Driver after 150,000 miles
By tn_driver on 01/03/14 07:18 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a 2012 Edge SEL as my work vehicle approx. 5000-6000 miles per month--currently has 148,000 total. Proven an excellent car. Had GMC Acadia prior to this, and though unfortunately not as large cargo capacity, the Edge has been far superior to that SUV. MPG has averaged 24.5 for entire life. No mechanical issues at all except headlamp bulb and turn signal switch. Very comfortable driving position and seating at long distance--and I should know. Only real issue has been SYNC system as relates to Bluetooth to Iphone. This performance has improved with Ford updates, but still sometimes phone to system link is faulty. Overall an excellent car--replacing with another Edge this year

Edge was the right choice
By stokepotters on 11/25/12 15:00 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have appr. 6,000 miles on 2012 Edge Limited with 2.0 ecoboost and can say with confidence, this was a good buy. This vehicle offers all of the features I was looking for, with little compromise. It is a great commuter vehicle, getting 27-29 mpg, mostly highway. The 2.0 l turbo offers performance and power when needed. Technology - MyFordTouch latest version works very well and is very capable. Roominess - plenty of room for 5 adults. Camping with the family proved very doable - with use of hitch mounted carrier. Towing - pulls my medium sized boat with no problem. Smooth, quiet ride that gets high compliments from Lexus, Audi, Cadillac owners.

Edge
By dlance54 on 09/03/12 07:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2012 Edge is one of the nicest, most comfortable SUV's I have ever driven. When your going down the road and "floor it" it simply responds and takes off. The smoothness of the ride is indescribable. The test drive we took before purchase just did not do it justice. We have taken several trips in it now and you never get tired because the leather seats are so comfortable.

Fantastic Edge
By mtschida on 05/01/12 07:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Ford Edge around Thanksgiving of 2011 and wrote a review in January. Wanted to update. I drove 1200 miles through Wyoming and then the mountains of Colorado recently. While AWD Edge is rated at 25 mpg, I consistently get better mileage than that. My first long trip right after purchase was a little better than 22 mpg. Most recent trip averaged 29.4 on one tank. With wind, it dropped to 27+. Driving it daily around town and home in the country, average is 24.5. My husband, who has a heavier foot, gets the same. My mileage is so great that I wondered if they stuck the wrong engine in it.

Quiet, powerful and loaded
By mtnarch on 04/17/12 21:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very solid build, no rattles, squeaks or sounds. Lots of power with the V6! Sync with MyFordTouch is really nice - spend time learning it and realize that the touch screen is not instantaneous. V6 will eat up the gas - watch how far you press the peddle down to pass or accelerate - but the power that's there when you do is nothing short of amazing!

Great vehicle!!
By emasride on 04/02/12 19:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Initially, I saw this 2012 Blue Edge Sport AWD in the showroom and had to have it. I have had 3 Escapes, BMW X5 and a GrandvCherokee.. The first time I test drove the Edge I immediately fell in love, twice..Handles incredibly well..amazingly comfortable and looks great. it's been 5 months since I had bought my Edge Sport and still in love..The fit and finish is flawless..plenty of room in all aspects..and the features? wow...way too many to list..I always seem to find something wrong in most things..a bad habit..but honestly? Ford nailed it on the head.....over and over with this one!

Gas Milage
By autofire on 03/01/12 16:11 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

OK they told me 26 or 28 MPG on the hwy. Not even close, 21 is the best I can get. I went to the dealer and rode around with a technician with his computer plugged into the car wile riding. He could only get 22.1 on the hwy. He said that car would never get 26 mpg. If you don't need big gas milage the car is awesome it has more stuff than our Escalade but it does get better milage than the Escalade

2012 Ford edge se awd 3.5 L
By only_the_facts on 02/15/12 23:11 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have less than 7 K on my Edge, dash is starting to rattle already. No way can this vehicle delivery stated MPG on the window sticker. Best i can get is 19-20 MPG driving gentle and posted speed limits. The sycn system in this and other Fords are an absolute joke! The thing is a blood pressure riser as it doesnt give you time to speak when asking to locate business or address! It doesnt understand plainly spoken english, just says i did get that! So i repeat again, nope, would you like to speak to an operator is your next choice. I ask it to locate a shell gas station and the damn thing connected me to Condor Airlines, OMG! I about shot the damn thing! I just turned off and dreamed of the good'ol days when i had my GM product and Onstar! There is no comparison between the two. Do yourself a favor, keep your blood pressure down and go with an Onstar equipted car/truck! I'm really considering trading this crazy car off and just eat the loss! I just cant take using the Sync system any longer! It's gotta go before it causes me to have a heart attact!

Edge continuous problems
By grayling on 02/03/12 15:31 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 Edge Limited AWD which is about 1 month old and has already been in the shop 3 times. While I enjoy the ride and handling of the vehicle the build quality suffers quite a bit. The SYNC and My Ford Touch systems are a complete disaster that the dealer will not tell you about prior to purchase. The screen locks up, goes blank, won't pair with my phone most of the time and the voice commands are usually not understood. Ford's answer to this is "take out fuse #29, wait 3 minutes and reinstall the fuse", then they tell you a new software update to fix the problems will be out in a couple of months. This will be update #3, I sure hope it works or this will be my last Ford.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Edge in VA is:

$156 per month*