Nice Ride
By spideygirl301 on
2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've had my Edge for about 2 months now and just hit 3k miles. I upgraded from a 2008 Equinox that was always in the shop. I love the 2011 Edge and so far would recommend it. Earlier this week, I was involved in a road rage incident where I was literally being chased by a truck on a major highway. I honestly think the only thing that saved me from a very bad encounter was the handling of the vehicle which allowed me to manuver in and out of traffic quickly and easily (even at speeds close to 100 miles an hour)
Favorite Features
I love the interior comfort of the Edge. With recent winter storms and lots of wind, I have been highly impressed with how quiet the interior cabin is on the highway and how solid the ride feels. I have also been highly impressed with the handling of the vehicle. The engine is very responsive. I also like the rear vehicle sensor since I park in a parking garage with very tight parking. I do have the cloth seats (which normally I hate), but the quality of the cloth is nice and they are easily cleaned (nice with kids and dogs).
Suggested Improvements
The headrest is very uncomfortable. Also, I have had minor issues with the volume on the stereo not responding at all when using the steering wheel controls, or adjusting too much. I also encountered this problem yesterday when I adjusted the volume of the stereo on the unit itself (and not the steering wheel). I also don't like the way the vehicle is calculating miles to an empty tank. I get told that I'm low on fuel when the car says I've only used 10 or 11 gallons of fuel and it will say that I'm almost completely empty after using 13 gallons. If the tank holds 18 gallons and I'm getting 23 mpg, then obviously there is something wrong with the calculations.