Ford did their homework and deserve a chance!
By gunnardad on
2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
A lifelong foreign car owner-except for 2 suburbans- and a Range Rover lover, I was looking for safe, economical car that would protect my wife,be comfortable for long trips, room for sports equip. (I am spoiled by my 30 yr old!!MB diesel giving 30mpg hwy) and decided to give domestic cars a chance, after looking at MB MLs, BMW x and Toureg. We liked the older Edge styling and saw new beautiful silver/black one at dealer. Wow. Quiet, comfortable, smooth, corners flat, and moves like a big V8! Shocked. Bought it. Simple 2wd SE, no touch system(I like dials and hate gimicry) Cloth seat material is surprisingly comfortable, practical and cool(Florida) Powerful, roomy, and avg. 20/28 GO FORD!
Favorite Features
Simple, roomy, stylish interior. European style exterior. Big doors w/easy access. Driving position and visibility(rear view a little tight-get the 100A? convenience package w/back-up warning!) Steering response, solid handling and ride that rivals imports. GAS MILEAGE! turning circle tight and easy to parallel park. V6 is powerful,responsive, first time on hwy ramp I was at 85 w/o realizing! smooth quiet and tight on hwy. Radio/Sound system is great. All controls (SE w/o TOUCH) are logical, simple, all switches buttons, etc feel well-made and durable. Well proportioned interior and"wet suit-like" seats are are easy to clean, seem kid, pet and"beach proof" (we carry surf/scuba gear). NICE.
Suggested Improvements
Larger front seats, Driver seat could use more rear travel (I am 6ft) Add GPS option in SE model. We wanted low price, and simple model, the TOUCH system in SEL seems too distracting, too intricate to use while driving, but GPS would be nice. Hancook chinese tires on a FORD? I think SEL or Sport gets Michelin/Pirellis, but come on, at least use Goodrich Ford! Another $100? Middle rear seat head rest blocks rear view!! (it folds down to a center arm rest/tray. SE radio should have bluetooth, mp3 iphone connect.