This thing is falling apart ;(
By tbranca on
2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
well we bought our edge 4 months ago the sync system has failed 4 times and it runs so slow half the time when you hit a button you have to wait 45sec till it response, its kinda of dangerous because you keep looking and waiting for something to happen. and the power lift gate stoped working and the dealer said its not covered under warrenty because it just needs to be reprogramed. that was $110 for nothing. it shouldn't lose its programing [violative content deleted] ford I own a $44,000 piece of junk thanks ford.
Favorite Features
the sync when it works
Suggested Improvements
power lift gate and the sync system needs to go back on the drawing board and fix the dam systems
By bdimler
on 09/23/11 05:57 AM (PDT)

I have been going through the same thing with my Edge. It has been a nightmare to say the least. Every time I bring the car into be serviced, I hear a new excuse. Once it needed an update (that didn't actually help). Another time the MyFord Touch kept malfunctioning because "my iPod was plugged in." I have heard every excuse in the book and I am so tired of owning a $40,000 car that is completely unreliable.

By gerryinohio
on 09/07/11 18:15 PM (PDT)

Exactly the opposite of my experience. After about 8 months, I experienced one problem (My iPhone got dropped and I had to do a reset to get it back.) I told my dealer and he said "bring it in, we just got a software update. I did ... they updated ... and so far (2 months) so good. It even improved my touch performance from 2 seconds to almost immediate. No problems at all with liftgate either. I get a kick out of opening it remotely from the second floor of my office building so it's ready when I get there to load my 'stuff" in. I switched from Honda, and if things stay like this, I'm A Ford owner for good.