2011 Ford Edge Consumer Review: This car is amazing, and I'm a

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

This car is amazing, and I'm a car snob
By hotzmonster on

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a car snob.
When my wife got the Edge, I was driving a Mercedes E63 AMG (500 HP, top of the line Benz).
My wife gets company cars, and they need to be Fords, so she picked a loaded Edge Sport.
This car blows me away.
It is quite, quick, handles like a sports car, and has more features than I ever imagined.
We pulled a small trailer with motorcycles for 800 miles and it was flawless.
I can't speak for long-term reliability since it's only at 5K miles, but as far overall quality and fun factor, I think you'd be crazy to buy that little Lexus or other generic SUV.
No, I don't work for Ford, I'm truly amazed by this ride.
Rear DVD, synch, great sound, cool looking....amazing ride.

The Edge Sport is loaded, loaded, loaded. Rear view camera with sensors, massive sun roof, dual DVD's in the back seats (yes, the kids can watch separate DVD's or watch one together. Typically my son watches Transformers while my daughter watches Ice Age). The car has paddle shifters if you want to drive it like an stick (not like a Ferrari or anything, but still really cool), and in my opinion its the coolest looking little SUV out there. Seats are super firm....really the build quality is amazing. Not ONE rattle. squeak, or other odd noise. The engine in the sport is better than the LTD too, it has all the power you would ever need.

I can't think of any. My only caution is the synch system is extremely full-function, so if you're not comfortable with computers, you won't like it. It has a touch screen interface that you need to get used to, and does pretty much everything. I honestly don't think there's a S-class Benz, 7-series BMW, or Lexus that does more techno-stuff. BUT....if that's not your bag, don't buy this car. We're in our mid 40's, and figured it out no problem, but again...just a caution. I'm VERY critical of cars. This little ride is amazing. Drive one before buying even an X5 or Cayenne Porsche. It seems like it's not cheap loaded like this in the high $40's but its a bargain. Really.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review