Love the Edge, Hate SYNC/My Touch
By grylls on
2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have owned a 2011 Edge for 5 months now, and for the most part it is a very good vehicle. Comfortable, well built mechanically, and gets the advertised EPA gas mileage if you take it easy. But as many other reviews have said, the SYNC/My Touch systems and everything connected to it such as Blue tooth, Navigation, etc were apparently released to market with no product testing. My wife and I have nicknamed the voice recognition system the "Voice Nonrecognition System". The navigation system seems to know only places that we would never want to go. I should have not dismissed it as a fluke when the navigation system had no idea where the Ford dealership was when we took it for a test drive.
Favorite Features
Decent fuel economy. Much better fuel efficiency than a Chevy Equinox I had rented over Christmas. I also like the blind spot warning system, when it works.
Suggested Improvements
If you buy one, I suggest you skip all of the high end options and just buy a basic model and purchase a dash mounted GPS. Pretty much all of the Electronic options perform very poorly. The navigation can be so frustrating to use, it made my wife cry a few times.
By mikeintx
on 09/17/11 05:14 AM (PDT)

This whole navigation system seems a waste to me. When I bought my 2011 Edge LTD this week the dealer asked if I wanted one with navigation. My response was, " I know where I am and I know where I'm going." Plus my HTC EVO has GPS.