2011 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Recovering Toyota Addict

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

Recovering Toyota Addict
By leslie419 on

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed to replace my 2002 Toyota Highlander in October and planned to go back and get a newer model. Am I glad that I made a side trip to Ford! My Edge ROCKS! I was so surprised at the upgrades in power, technology, safety features, and quality of interior and exterior trim that I kept asking my sales rep if this was really a Ford! I could not believe that Ford had done such a drastic turnaround but from the looks I get driving around town and the increasing numbers of Edge's I have seen on the road, I believe Ford is serious about getting back into the mid-size SUV/crossover market in a competitive way. If you keep up the value for quality, you have won over a devoted Toyota owner.

Exterior styling---VERY SLEEK! Interior styling---high quality for the price point (a friend who owns a Lincoln MKX could not believe how closely our cars compare). Power, safety, and technology features are AMAZING---and very easy to operate (an hour or two spent touching screens and flipping switches was all I needed to feel confident). Backup camera is a MUST with the height of the rear headrests--and is easy to get used to. No-cap gas fill is GENIUS! Panoramic moon roof, ambient lighting, Sirius radio, and high-quality sound system are FUN, FUN, FUN!!! There is little about this car I don't like.

Window shade-styled cargo cover (current anchored option is cheap for the price and difficult to maneuver under quickly). Locking glove compartment would be nice for more security when you want to leave items in the car.