2011 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Problems with snycmyride but i

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

Problems with snycmyride but it's working now
By bowlingroach on

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge for two years. I have yet to get 27 mpg on the highway BUT it seems the gas mileage gets better all the time. It started (using what the vehicle's posting) at 18 mpg and it is up to 21.4 mpg with mostly city driving. I had an issue with the syncmyride - my dealership manager worked with me to make sure it was corrected - I had to get another phone before it worked correctly BUT then after the computer was updated that phone did not work! Then Ford said to look at the list of phones that were compatible with the car. And lo and behold after I bought the compatible phone it has been smooth sailing every since. My phones were all basic phones so the costs were minimal.

syncmyride - directions, calling features; ipod connection with usb; handling in traffic

Because only complaint with the car was the syncmyride feature. Ford should tell buyers upfront that their cell phones may not be compatible with the car -- and show them where to go find out that information -- it will save a lot of aggravation.