2011 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Great improvements over previo

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

2011 Ford Edge

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Great improvements over previous years' models
By philipntx on

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this year's Edge to replace my 2008 model. Ford listened to comments about the earlier models. One complaint I had about the older one was the engine. The transmission was always fishing for the right gear. That is gone now.
The engine is much smoother and has a bit more hp. My other complaint was with the brakes. They always felt/sounded like they were grinding. I was told nothing was wrong with them; that's just how they were. They have improved tremendously. I didn't have a lot of confidence in them before. I got the 20" wheels. Very nice. SYNC has improved slightly, but it's still quirky. Ford is quite proud of it, too, as reflected in the price. A little more than it should be.

MyFord Touch, SYNC, engine, brakes, push-button start, remote start, gigantic moon roof, power liftgate, keyless entry, HID headlamps, rides high. Looks sportier than previous model, which, while looking modern, still had a stuffy look. The engine note actually has an impressive growl to it.

SYNC is still too quirky. Software updates have to be done online occasionally. I consider myself quite literate, technologically speaking, so I feel for those individuals who might not know how to do some of the updates themselves. Some updates require a visit to the dealer. Then again this is a Microsoft product, so it's going to have its problems. ;-) Front seats could be bolstered more. They're the same as my old Edge. Definitely needs power-fold mirrors!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By nuff1zaid
on 02/25/11 16:32 PM (PST)

how long did you have your 2008 edge before you started seeing problems, and what was the conditions of the car when you got it>