2011 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Car is good/My touch -Sync sti

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Car is good/My touch -Sync stink
By ejv7 on

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My touch has been nothing but problems. Touch screen is not reliable. Voice recognition - well that is so frustrating it's funny. Had and Acura and GMC with voice recognition and it was very usable. This is a joke. The navigation is right behind this as the worst I ever had. The system maintenance runs almost once a day and it doesn't seem to fix anything. Now my screen went blank and I have to bring it to Ford to get re-programmed ~ 2 to 3 hours. And they won't give me a car, says Ford does not see this as a warranty issue. Huh??? Other than that the car does drive nice, is quite and has been very reliable. Gas milage is not what is advertised. I get ~ 16.7 combined. OUCH!!

Favorite features are - Adaptive cruise control, Blis system, rear sensors and camera(zoom on camera is nice when I am hooking up a trailor), Bluetooth (when it works), rear side sensors and collison alaert sensors. The drive is nice and the car is comfortable. Also enjoy the remote starter, push button (no key start), and door handle sensors for locking and unlocking the car.

Start over (redesign) with the voice recognition and nav. system. Maybe a little more testing and Q.C. before making the My Touch available.
By koakai
on 01/30/12 09:05 AM (PST)

My Edge is at the dealer for the second time because all the Sync problems (same as yours and more). Advisor told me there's probably nothing they can do until Ford comes out with another update. I'm furious!!! The Sync system and navigation has never worked properly in the six months I've had the car. Both were the ENTIRE reason I bought the Edge and now I'm regretting it.