Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Recovering Toyota Addict
By leslie419

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed to replace my 2002 Toyota Highlander in October and planned to go back and get a newer model. Am I glad that I made a side trip to Ford! My Edge ROCKS! I was so surprised at the upgrades in power, technology, safety features, and quality of interior and exterior trim that I kept asking my sales rep if this was really a Ford! I could not believe that Ford had done such a drastic turnaround but from the looks I get driving around town and the increasing numbers of Edge's I have seen on the road, I believe Ford is serious about getting back into the mid-size SUV/crossover market in a competitive way. If you keep up the value for quality, you have won over a devoted Toyota owner.

Exterior styling---VERY SLEEK! Interior styling---high quality for the price point (a friend who owns a Lincoln MKX could not believe how closely our cars compare). Power, safety, and technology features are AMAZING---and very easy to operate (an hour or two spent touching screens and flipping switches was all I needed to feel confident). Backup camera is a MUST with the height of the rear headrests--and is easy to get used to. No-cap gas fill is GENIUS! Panoramic moon roof, ambient lighting, Sirius radio, and high-quality sound system are FUN, FUN, FUN!!! There is little about this car I don't like.

Window shade-styled cargo cover (current anchored option is cheap for the price and difficult to maneuver under quickly). Locking glove compartment would be nice for more security when you want to leave items in the car.

Great Car, But Has Some Faults
By bpic

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got our 2011 Ford Edge SEL in Sept.
We love the extra interia room, comfort and performance.
The gas mileage is not up to what Ford claims.
Ford says, 19/27, don't believe it.
Unless you are very, very concious about your driving habits, you are not going to get what is claimed.
I don't have a heavy foot and we're getting 12.
We have 1K miles and so far, the Edge came with the rear window washer broke. Then the high beams/low beams now make a clunking noise and both side view mirrors now grin.
The radio sync does not switch to the correct station with voice.
Also, why did Ford place the indside door handle so close to the hinge side; it makes it difficult to close the door.

Love the performance and high visability from the driver's seat. Love the rear view camera. The interia room is spacious and the seats very comfortable.

Improve the gas milieage. We had a 2011 Ford Explorer with a V8; it got better milieage than the Ford Edge. Work on the Sync, it's very "glitchie"

2011 Ford Edge is bouncy
By bouncyrde

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only had my Edge since Sept.
When I test drove it the ride seemed good.
Now that I bought it and driving it around town, the ride is very bouncy - disappointed in Ford.
Maybe they need to change the suspension to be a little bit more firm.
The Edge bounces too much on uneven pavement.
Used to driving cars with a firmer ride.
This is my first Crossover/SUV vehicle and think I made a mistake.
So far no problems with the MyFordTouch but it is a little distracting and Ford supposedly has an upgrade for the software.
I don't have any problems with the headrests hitting the back of my head.
Very quiet ride. Overall nice SUV.

Comfortable seats (leather), automatic button to put back seats down for cargo, backup camera, ambient lighting.

Give the SUV a firmer ride but not harsh, less complicated MyFordTouch.

DO NOT BUY THE CAR WITH THE SYNC SYSTEM
By tuffcookie

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Edge with the Sync system. The system does not work Ford is covering up the problem in all of the Edge's and Explorers The dealerships are unable to fix the system My car is my office the whole system does not work can not recieve or talk on the phone Radio some times goes out System re boots on its own If you use your car as your mobile office do not buy I have an internal Ford e mail stating system does not work and supposedly fix is coming in Jan Feb . I bought an American car to support our country. They have not lived up to the problem in their customer service divsion and have not come out publically and admitted they have a problem Maybe they should follow

Apples example of how they admitted they had a battery problem. Unfortunately they are creating a bad name for Corporate America

Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it.
I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer.
Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Body shape, front end.

Console storage non-existent, manual seats are a pain to adjust, make base wheels 18" and allow options to upgrade to the 20" or 22" (have to buy the whole vehicle if you want the wheel/tire options).