Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford Edge Sport
By cjohns1

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Forget going to the grocery store in a hurry. You will get quizzed on what you are driving. It goes across all age groups and even just driving around it's a head turner too. We live in X5 and Range Rover Land and for the money there is no comparison. We drove them all including Lexus and Audi and Lincoln too but if aggressive style and value is your deal then this is the vehicle for you. This Edge is fully loaded and it's like toy time for adults. Even our teenagers and their friends have a blast inside. Mytouch and Sync require a learning curve and there is an art to the touch screen too but once mastered it's powerful stuff. Love the reverse camera and killer sunroof too.

Favorite Features

The reverse camera guide lines are great so you don't scrape the delicious 22 inch wheels. The sunroof is massive might as well be a convertible. The little fun features like ambient lighting inside is a great touch. The multiple option instrument clusters have so many options I can't imagine anyone not finding a suitable configuration. The connectivity to my I-phone was perfect and it's like two computers in one. The A/C system cools the interior in a blink too. Paddle shifters are a nice little feature for hill climbing or a quick blast in traffic for the teenager boy in us all.

Suggested Improvements

Add options for cooled seats and also for other interior color combinations. Cinnamon brown would be amazing inside. Adaptive cruise control would be another nifty feature too. But then it would be a Lincoln :) without the 22's.

This thing is falling apart ;(
By tbranca

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

well we bought our edge 4 months ago the sync system has failed 4 times and it runs so slow half the time when you hit a button you have to wait 45sec till it response, its kinda of dangerous because you keep looking and waiting for something to happen. and the power lift gate stoped working and the dealer said its not covered under warrenty because it just needs to be reprogramed. that was $110 for nothing. it shouldn't lose its programing [violative content deleted] ford I own a $44,000 piece of junk thanks ford.

Favorite Features

the sync when it works

Suggested Improvements

power lift gate and the sync system needs to go back on the drawing board and fix the dam systems

love/hate my new car
By kel11586

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i purchased my 2011 edge limited in march. 3 months late it has been in the shops 5 times. 1st-time it was leaking gas when i would fil up. i was told by the dealership that i did not know how to put gas in my vehicle. 2nd- i was stranded at a gas station because the dash said "no key detected" 3rd-once again stranded because "no key detected" 4th-sun roof would not open 5th-radio would not work. dash said audio off. screen was showing that at the radio was on. if my car didnt have all these issues i would absolutely love it.

Favorite Features

i love the back up camera when it actually works and doesnt freeze up.

This car is amazing, and I'm a car snob
By hotzmonster

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a car snob. When my wife got the Edge, I was driving a Mercedes E63 AMG (500 HP, top of the line Benz). My wife gets company cars, and they need to be Fords, so she picked a loaded Edge Sport. This car blows me away. It is quite, quick, handles like a sports car, and has more features than I ever imagined. We pulled a small trailer with motorcycles for 800 miles and it was flawless. I can't speak for long-term reliability since it's only at 5K miles, but as far overall quality and fun factor, I think you'd be crazy to buy that little Lexus or other generic SUV. No, I don't work for Ford, I'm truly amazed by this ride. Rear DVD, synch, great sound, cool looking....amazing ride.

Favorite Features

The Edge Sport is loaded, loaded, loaded. Rear view camera with sensors, massive sun roof, dual DVD's in the back seats (yes, the kids can watch separate DVD's or watch one together. Typically my son watches Transformers while my daughter watches Ice Age). The car has paddle shifters if you want to drive it like an stick (not like a Ferrari or anything, but still really cool), and in my opinion its the coolest looking little SUV out there. Seats are super firm....really the build quality is amazing. Not ONE rattle. squeak, or other odd noise. The engine in the sport is better than the LTD too, it has all the power you would ever need.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any. My only caution is the synch system is extremely full-function, so if you're not comfortable with computers, you won't like it. It has a touch screen interface that you need to get used to, and does pretty much everything. I honestly don't think there's a S-class Benz, 7-series BMW, or Lexus that does more techno-stuff. BUT....if that's not your bag, don't buy this car. We're in our mid 40's, and figured it out no problem, but again...just a caution. I'm VERY critical of cars. This little ride is amazing. Drive one before buying even an X5 or Cayenne Porsche. It seems like it's not cheap loaded like this in the high $40's but its a bargain. Really.

Lovin' the Edge!!
By slammersa

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

WAS a big GM Fan - after having several broken hearts over my beloved Bravada (left me stranded in Texas w/80k miles), mid life crisis Camaro (97k miles) and finally my cute little Chevy Colorado (for garden work). I joined my husband on the Ford bandwagon. We traded in my '07 Colorado (snifff) for this VERY NICE 2011 Ford Edge!!! The second I drove the Edge off the lot I fell in Love!!! XOXOXOX The Edge handles beautifully - with the rubber mat in the back I have plenty of room for trips to the Farmers market and garden store, and it's great on long trips. Hubby even likes riding in the passenger side - he can kick back with plenty of room to spare!

Favorite Features

My Daughter (5'8") and Son-In-Law (6'3") fit comfortably in the back seat - nice feature of having the middle section drop down as an arm rest and cup holder - let's not forget the reclining back seats. The 'kids' were very comfortable. No car seats....yet :)

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint is the front seat headrests - I had to take them completely out and flip them around so that it wasn't pushing my head forward. I'm 5'5" and it seemed to push my head forward in a very uncomfortable position - I even reclined the seat back and I felt like I was sitting on a bar stool while trying to drive - probably not a good analogy - but that's what I felt like. Headrest was pushing me forward and my shoulders were hunched over - not that old yet!