Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Disappointed
By bytx71

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So very, very disappointed. I've only had my 2011 Edge a few weeks, but the gas mileage is terrible. While mostly highway miles, I'm barely getting an average of 16 mpg. If this continues, the 19/27 mpg as stated by Ford is a gross misrepresentation. While running errands today, I got 11mpg (50/50 highway miles). I feel mislead and deceived.

Favorite Features

Rear-view camera, blind-side warning indicators.

Suggested Improvements

The chrome around the front passenger's and driver's air vent reflects in the outside rear-view mirrors. Very annoying. Improvement would be black. Cramped leg room (knees hit steering column).

Couldn't be more satisfied. My EDGE is like a family member.
By gerryinohio

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's only been 8 months since I drove it off the lot and said to my wife ..."Did I really pay that much fir a Ford !!?" Now I am constantly surprised that I was able to get all these features, and this ride for such a low price. I've owned 2 Accords, a Chrysler Town and Country Limited Van, an RX7, and before that a Chrysler 5th Avenue, and a Mercury Marquis Broughm. They all had their good points ... but none has fit me so well as this Edge. Decent mileage (19.5 city), comfort, all the pickup I need, and easy on the eyes. I'm so sold on it, I should probably quit my job and apply at the local dealers to sell Edges.

Favorite Features

Lol ... all of them. Adaptive cruise control, enormous sun roof, Sync, touch screen. Totally customizeable dash, voice commands, GPS you name it and I like it. All this and the fact that anyone who rides in it talks about how comfortable it is. Like I said 8 months now and nothing resembling a problem. It's hard to talk about reliability after only 8 months, but that period with not even a hiccup does inspire some confidence. Wish me luck that it';ll stay that way.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of at this time. I am 100% satisfied and happy with the car.

Comfortable & solid, but MyFordTouch needs work
By motowng8gt

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge Limited for a few weeks now and am averaging almost 20 mpg in mostly city driving. Wanted the Ecoboost but it wasn't out yet. Very comfortable interior, love the huge sunroof, like the keyless entry and pushbutton start. Touchscreen could be more responsive and better designed. The lag in response makes typing addresses in navigation a chore (it didn't have my POI in the database), and voice commands takes getting used to. Some adjustments require navigating too many screens; it wouldn't be so bad if touchscreen were more responsive. Once Ford works out the bugs, the Edge will be almost perfect.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry & pushbutton start Huge sunroof Comfortable seats Rear view camera Xenon headlamps Rain sensing wipers Quiet interior Decent stereo

Suggested Improvements

MyFordTouch needs improvement Better touchscreen response Screens don't revert back to last used Lag in starting up sound system, recognition of iPod Navigation system is clunky, either with touchscreen or voice commands

Ford Edge Sport
By cjohns1

2011 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Forget going to the grocery store in a hurry. You will get quizzed on what you are driving. It goes across all age groups and even just driving around it's a head turner too. We live in X5 and Range Rover Land and for the money there is no comparison. We drove them all including Lexus and Audi and Lincoln too but if aggressive style and value is your deal then this is the vehicle for you. This Edge is fully loaded and it's like toy time for adults. Even our teenagers and their friends have a blast inside. Mytouch and Sync require a learning curve and there is an art to the touch screen too but once mastered it's powerful stuff. Love the reverse camera and killer sunroof too.

Favorite Features

The reverse camera guide lines are great so you don't scrape the delicious 22 inch wheels. The sunroof is massive might as well be a convertible. The little fun features like ambient lighting inside is a great touch. The multiple option instrument clusters have so many options I can't imagine anyone not finding a suitable configuration. The connectivity to my I-phone was perfect and it's like two computers in one. The A/C system cools the interior in a blink too. Paddle shifters are a nice little feature for hill climbing or a quick blast in traffic for the teenager boy in us all.

Suggested Improvements

Add options for cooled seats and also for other interior color combinations. Cinnamon brown would be amazing inside. Adaptive cruise control would be another nifty feature too. But then it would be a Lincoln :) without the 22's.

This thing is falling apart ;(
By tbranca

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

well we bought our edge 4 months ago the sync system has failed 4 times and it runs so slow half the time when you hit a button you have to wait 45sec till it response, its kinda of dangerous because you keep looking and waiting for something to happen. and the power lift gate stoped working and the dealer said its not covered under warrenty because it just needs to be reprogramed. that was $110 for nothing. it shouldn't lose its programing [violative content deleted] ford I own a $44,000 piece of junk thanks ford.

Favorite Features

the sync when it works

Suggested Improvements

power lift gate and the sync system needs to go back on the drawing board and fix the dam systems