Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it. I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer. Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Favorite Features

Body shape, front end.

Suggested Improvements

Console storage non-existent, manual seats are a pain to adjust, make base wheels 18" and allow options to upgrade to the 20" or 22" (have to buy the whole vehicle if you want the wheel/tire options).

Love the car hate the problems.
By tgibson1

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Several issues with this vehicle. 1. Mytouch sporadically connects my Verizon Droid X phone. 2. Transmission jerks when accelerating at slow speeds. 3. "No Key Detected" warning on numerous occasions. 4. Navigation won't recognize streets that have been around for years. 5. Voice Recognition never works right. Love the car and all the features, just wished everything worked like it should.

Favorite Features

Comfort, navigation, appearance. Mytouch would be fabulous if it worked like it should.

Disappointed
By bytx71

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So very, very disappointed. I've only had my 2011 Edge a few weeks, but the gas mileage is terrible. While mostly highway miles, I'm barely getting an average of 16 mpg. If this continues, the 19/27 mpg as stated by Ford is a gross misrepresentation. While running errands today, I got 11mpg (50/50 highway miles). I feel mislead and deceived.

Favorite Features

Rear-view camera, blind-side warning indicators.

Suggested Improvements

The chrome around the front passenger's and driver's air vent reflects in the outside rear-view mirrors. Very annoying. Improvement would be black. Cramped leg room (knees hit steering column).

Couldn't be more satisfied. My EDGE is like a family member.
By gerryinohio

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's only been 8 months since I drove it off the lot and said to my wife ..."Did I really pay that much fir a Ford !!?" Now I am constantly surprised that I was able to get all these features, and this ride for such a low price. I've owned 2 Accords, a Chrysler Town and Country Limited Van, an RX7, and before that a Chrysler 5th Avenue, and a Mercury Marquis Broughm. They all had their good points ... but none has fit me so well as this Edge. Decent mileage (19.5 city), comfort, all the pickup I need, and easy on the eyes. I'm so sold on it, I should probably quit my job and apply at the local dealers to sell Edges.

Favorite Features

Lol ... all of them. Adaptive cruise control, enormous sun roof, Sync, touch screen. Totally customizeable dash, voice commands, GPS you name it and I like it. All this and the fact that anyone who rides in it talks about how comfortable it is. Like I said 8 months now and nothing resembling a problem. It's hard to talk about reliability after only 8 months, but that period with not even a hiccup does inspire some confidence. Wish me luck that it';ll stay that way.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of at this time. I am 100% satisfied and happy with the car.

Comfortable & solid, but MyFordTouch needs work
By motowng8gt

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge Limited for a few weeks now and am averaging almost 20 mpg in mostly city driving. Wanted the Ecoboost but it wasn't out yet. Very comfortable interior, love the huge sunroof, like the keyless entry and pushbutton start. Touchscreen could be more responsive and better designed. The lag in response makes typing addresses in navigation a chore (it didn't have my POI in the database), and voice commands takes getting used to. Some adjustments require navigating too many screens; it wouldn't be so bad if touchscreen were more responsive. Once Ford works out the bugs, the Edge will be almost perfect.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry & pushbutton start Huge sunroof Comfortable seats Rear view camera Xenon headlamps Rain sensing wipers Quiet interior Decent stereo

Suggested Improvements

MyFordTouch needs improvement Better touchscreen response Screens don't revert back to last used Lag in starting up sound system, recognition of iPod Navigation system is clunky, either with touchscreen or voice commands