Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Most Helpful|
Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it. I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer. Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Favorite Features

Body shape, front end.

Suggested Improvements

Console storage non-existent, manual seats are a pain to adjust, make base wheels 18" and allow options to upgrade to the 20" or 22" (have to buy the whole vehicle if you want the wheel/tire options).

Good, but....
By 123max

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama. Itīs very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine. Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Favorite Features

Powerful, smooth drive and reasonable fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

Improve post sale service offered by dealers.

Disappointed
By review8

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car less than 2 years under 30,000 miles. Already returned to the dealership 6 times. Had service for replacement of the main computer chip, replace defective power window switch, faulty fuel injectors, and a couple of sync issues. This was not a cheap vehicle, sticker over $40 grand. Can't take it anywhere afraid won't get home. As soon as I get back from shop trading it in on something other than a Ford!

Suggested Improvements

3 area need for improvement Poor service. Never any parts on hand. Use better grade parts.

DO NOT BUY THE CAR WITH THE SYNC SYSTEM
By tuffcookie

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Edge with the Sync system. The system does not work Ford is covering up the problem in all of the Edge's and Explorers The dealerships are unable to fix the system My car is my office the whole system does not work can not recieve or talk on the phone Radio some times goes out System re boots on its own If you use your car as your mobile office do not buy I have an internal Ford e mail stating system does not work and supposedly fix is coming in Jan Feb . I bought an American car to support our country. They have not lived up to the problem in their customer service divsion and have not come out publically and admitted they have a problem Maybe they should follow

Favorite Features

Apples example of how they admitted they had a battery problem. Unfortunately they are creating a bad name for Corporate America

Beware
By jwax1

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My review is based on: !. Lousy customer service from Ford Motor Co (not the dealership). 2. The design of the engine. The water pump on this engine is located inside the engine. At 91,000 miles, our water pump went out. The "overtemp" light went off about 30 seconds before we stopped. The engine is BLOWN! A water pump going out should NOT be the end of an engine. We had NO indication that we had a problem before this occurred, and had even had the oil changed one week before this occurrence. Now comes the Customer service problem....NO support from Ford! The dealership was fantastic, but Customer Service was ridiculous! Not expecting a new engine, just help with repair!

Favorite Features

Comfortable