2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Great Vehicle
By Tom on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 11 years with BMW and Mercedes, it was exciting to find an American made product that was winning in design and features. High quality, good performance, solid feel, great ergonomics, lower cost of ownership. A person can jump in a drive it just fine. If you want to learn all the settings, options and features, it will take some commitment. I learned most everything in one week. Great feature / performance set for the money.

Love the Edge
By edge42 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the edge it is fun to drive and eye catching. I knew going in to it there were going to be glitches with the My Touch system but there are a few more than I was planning on. Considering that the My Touch was half the reason I got the car though I really can't complain to much. Back up camera makes it so you have to wait a few seconds before you back up or you will freeze the screen. Sirius has a few glitches with the alert system. Overall the Edge is the best purchase I have ever made. Thank you Ford for making such a great car. Can't wait to have all the kinks worked out so I can just enjoy the car.

My return to Ford
By Brian on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First Ford since 2002, and I am very happy to be back thanks to this 2011 Ford Edge. I was shocked at the high class interior, whisper quiet ride, and great fuel economy for a vehicle of this size! More features and gadgets than a techie could ever want! I drove the previous MY2010 and this is so much nicer! The interior has been completely overhauled, 20 more HP, and better MPG!

Love my Edge
By jb on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I came out of a 2008 edge limited. I loved the car so much I couldn't wait to get the 2011. I really love all the technology and design of my new edge but it does have a lot of bugs in the system. Sync tends to have trouble understanding you. In 2008 edge it worked like a charm. there seems to be a delay and the system is sometimes sluggish. I am hoping that a future software upgrade can fix these issues. climate temp does not seem to be accurate at 75 it's still putting out cold air and sometimes at 65 you get hot air. No regrets on my purchase still love the car big fan

The Best All Around Vehicle!
By Mike on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wow am I impressed with ford. I have owned just about every manufacture except for a Ford and man am I glad I tried one. I always thought European cars were the way to go because of quality, price, looks, performance, etc., but that is no longer the case. I researched this car along with ALL of its' competitors and liked what I read. I test drove my aunt's 2011 Ford Limited and decided I had to have one. I went with the Sport, and got Tuxedo Black and wow does this thing look awesome. There is no other crossover that draws this much attention under $50,000 out there. When parked next to a BMW or Audi crossover, the ford makes the other two just seem cheap.

Wolf in sheep's clothing
By r.r. on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice looking good power but in 3 weeks its been in the shop going on 5 times driver door would not shut all the way come to find out the stricker plate for the door was drilled in the wrong place also needs anew door seal build quality seems to be poor all around m. P. G. At 58 mph 24 at 70 mph is 22.

Big Disappointment
By Mike R. on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD for a 2011 with the same trim and options. I was so impressed with the quality, performance and reliability of my 2008 that I was drawn back to the Ford Edge when it was time for a new vehicle. So far it has been nothing but regret! My 2011 has much more road noise, loud clunking in right front suspension, worse gas mileage, less power (despite 20 hp increase over 2008), back-up camera that only works 50% of the time and touch screen that goes blank for no apparent reason. I could go on but limited to only 700 characters here. I only have 1500 miles on this vehicle and already have laundry list for service department when I have time to take in.

What A Great Ride
By Popster on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

just had mine 2 weeks & I love this vehicle. I could live in it, it is that comfortable. Almost fully loaded and I can't understand the person that doesn't like the Sync, I can't understand. Maybe they should try simpler commands, as that's the way voice recognition works. People make me roll down my window at stop lights to talk to me about this car. How cool is that. Great job Ford, it is quality thought out.

2011 Ford Edge Sport-Fun to Drive
By Paul on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car. I was torn between a 2010 with $4,000 to $5,000 of rebates but none available. So I bought the 2011 Sport loaded with all but rear DVD. Its great looking in Tuxedo Black and fun to drive. Getting about 23 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. Should get about 25 mpg at 55 to 60 mph I am told.

Awesome Truck
By Shawn M. on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD in Tuxedo Black! I love this SUV and its so sweet! All of the features are awesome and somewhat overwhelming, but really cool. The SUV handles well and is smooth on pretty much all surfaces. I live in Michigan and the roads are not that good. I would recommend that everyone test drive a Ford. I did and I bought one!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge in VA is:

$136 per month*