2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews 7

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
3rd Time a Charm!
By Edge#3 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a 2008, 2010 both limited and now the 2011 sport loaded except the DVD player.This is by far the best Edge yet.I love the exterior looks, my edge looks mean with the black grill and the white plat tri coat paint job.The interior is nicely laid out and road noise is a thing of the past.The tuned sport suspension delivers a nice ride on my sweet 22" rims. My headlights are plenty bright dont know what people are complaining about. SYNC system works fine and the sony sound system really rocks luv the surround sound.Steering wheel controls are nice.The dash display is nice and fun to play with.Spend time playing with all the systems to see how they work-read the owners manual cover to cover

Hope it lives up to its HYPE!
By Richard on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice looking. fairly comfortable, not as smooth of a ride as I expected. Just got back from a 2000 mile trip and averaged 25 mpg on mainly freeway driving.

I am very Happy even with some problems
By marlandj53 on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I came from a 2007 Sport Trac Limited. This was the first vehicle that grabbed me. I love how it drives MT did not like the brakes, but that is one of the best things about the Edge. The interior is perfect. The touch screen and voice commands takes some practice but now works very well for me. I have had son problems with the system. The voice stopped working and memory seat would not come forward after easy exit. The dealer fixed voice but memory seat is still a problem. I really love driving this vehicle. I drive about 90 miles a day.

1st month ownership
By pearl semick on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After one month and 800 miles the car handles and drives very good. I traded in a 1999 windstar van and it was a great van If Ford still made a van I would have bought one . My husband was a tech for 35 years for our selling dealer. No way would we have a Honda in the drive or much less a Chrysler product. I love to drive it because I am short and the drivers seat goes fore and aft and up and down . Overall this is a great car

Great Vehicle
By Tom on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 11 years with BMW and Mercedes, it was exciting to find an American made product that was winning in design and features. High quality, good performance, solid feel, great ergonomics, lower cost of ownership. A person can jump in a drive it just fine. If you want to learn all the settings, options and features, it will take some commitment. I learned most everything in one week. Great feature / performance set for the money.

Love the Edge
By edge42 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the edge it is fun to drive and eye catching. I knew going in to it there were going to be glitches with the My Touch system but there are a few more than I was planning on. Considering that the My Touch was half the reason I got the car though I really can't complain to much. Back up camera makes it so you have to wait a few seconds before you back up or you will freeze the screen. Sirius has a few glitches with the alert system. Overall the Edge is the best purchase I have ever made. Thank you Ford for making such a great car. Can't wait to have all the kinks worked out so I can just enjoy the car.

My return to Ford
By Brian on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First Ford since 2002, and I am very happy to be back thanks to this 2011 Ford Edge. I was shocked at the high class interior, whisper quiet ride, and great fuel economy for a vehicle of this size! More features and gadgets than a techie could ever want! I drove the previous MY2010 and this is so much nicer! The interior has been completely overhauled, 20 more HP, and better MPG!

Love my Edge
By jb on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I came out of a 2008 edge limited. I loved the car so much I couldn't wait to get the 2011. I really love all the technology and design of my new edge but it does have a lot of bugs in the system. Sync tends to have trouble understanding you. In 2008 edge it worked like a charm. there seems to be a delay and the system is sometimes sluggish. I am hoping that a future software upgrade can fix these issues. climate temp does not seem to be accurate at 75 it's still putting out cold air and sometimes at 65 you get hot air. No regrets on my purchase still love the car big fan

The Best All Around Vehicle!
By Mike on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wow am I impressed with ford. I have owned just about every manufacture except for a Ford and man am I glad I tried one. I always thought European cars were the way to go because of quality, price, looks, performance, etc., but that is no longer the case. I researched this car along with ALL of its' competitors and liked what I read. I test drove my aunt's 2011 Ford Limited and decided I had to have one. I went with the Sport, and got Tuxedo Black and wow does this thing look awesome. There is no other crossover that draws this much attention under $50,000 out there. When parked next to a BMW or Audi crossover, the ford makes the other two just seem cheap.

Big Disappointment
By Mike R. on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD for a 2011 with the same trim and options. I was so impressed with the quality, performance and reliability of my 2008 that I was drawn back to the Ford Edge when it was time for a new vehicle. So far it has been nothing but regret! My 2011 has much more road noise, loud clunking in right front suspension, worse gas mileage, less power (despite 20 hp increase over 2008), back-up camera that only works 50% of the time and touch screen that goes blank for no apparent reason. I could go on but limited to only 700 characters here. I only have 1500 miles on this vehicle and already have laundry list for service department when I have time to take in.