Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Great Car, But Has Some Faults
By bpic

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got our 2011 Ford Edge SEL in Sept. We love the extra interia room, comfort and performance. The gas mileage is not up to what Ford claims. Ford says, 19/27, don't believe it. Unless you are very, very concious about your driving habits, you are not going to get what is claimed. I don't have a heavy foot and we're getting 12. We have 1K miles and so far, the Edge came with the rear window washer broke. Then the high beams/low beams now make a clunking noise and both side view mirrors now grin. The radio sync does not switch to the correct station with voice. Also, why did Ford place the indside door handle so close to the hinge side; it makes it difficult to close the door.

Favorite Features

Love the performance and high visability from the driver's seat. Love the rear view camera. The interia room is spacious and the seats very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas milieage. We had a 2011 Ford Explorer with a V8; it got better milieage than the Ford Edge. Work on the Sync, it's very "glitchie"

2011 Ford Edge is bouncy
By bouncyrde

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only had my Edge since Sept. When I test drove it the ride seemed good. Now that I bought it and driving it around town, the ride is very bouncy - disappointed in Ford. Maybe they need to change the suspension to be a little bit more firm. The Edge bounces too much on uneven pavement. Used to driving cars with a firmer ride. This is my first Crossover/SUV vehicle and think I made a mistake. So far no problems with the MyFordTouch but it is a little distracting and Ford supposedly has an upgrade for the software. I don't have any problems with the headrests hitting the back of my head. Very quiet ride. Overall nice SUV.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats (leather), automatic button to put back seats down for cargo, backup camera, ambient lighting.

Suggested Improvements

Give the SUV a firmer ride but not harsh, less complicated MyFordTouch.

DO NOT BUY THE CAR WITH THE SYNC SYSTEM
By tuffcookie

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Edge with the Sync system. The system does not work Ford is covering up the problem in all of the Edge's and Explorers The dealerships are unable to fix the system My car is my office the whole system does not work can not recieve or talk on the phone Radio some times goes out System re boots on its own If you use your car as your mobile office do not buy I have an internal Ford e mail stating system does not work and supposedly fix is coming in Jan Feb . I bought an American car to support our country. They have not lived up to the problem in their customer service divsion and have not come out publically and admitted they have a problem Maybe they should follow

Favorite Features

Apples example of how they admitted they had a battery problem. Unfortunately they are creating a bad name for Corporate America

Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it. I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer. Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Favorite Features

Body shape, front end.

Suggested Improvements

Console storage non-existent, manual seats are a pain to adjust, make base wheels 18" and allow options to upgrade to the 20" or 22" (have to buy the whole vehicle if you want the wheel/tire options).

Love the car hate the problems.
By tgibson1

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Several issues with this vehicle. 1. Mytouch sporadically connects my Verizon Droid X phone. 2. Transmission jerks when accelerating at slow speeds. 3. "No Key Detected" warning on numerous occasions. 4. Navigation won't recognize streets that have been around for years. 5. Voice Recognition never works right. Love the car and all the features, just wished everything worked like it should.

Favorite Features

Comfort, navigation, appearance. Mytouch would be fabulous if it worked like it should.