Used 2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

NIce
By bigg5512

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought used 2011 Edge Limited AWD, all the bells and whistles. Traded in 2008 expidition loved expi but needed better gas mileage. In the Edge I doubled my gas mileage and got a better looking and handling vehicle love the ford sync no problems so far. Owned for 5 weeks so far no problems.

My Sync, power, gas mileage, sunroof, front lights

none yet

Disappointed Owner -- Not 27 MPG!!
By mpg_shorted

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife a loaded 2011 Edge Limited. Great car, comfortable ride, nice interior and I love the 'glass cockpit'. Initial motivation moving to a Ford Edge was great horsepower and the MPG. Knowing that efficiency in modern engine and tranny combos greatly increased, I took the bait. From the first road trip I was greatly disappointed--the 27 MPG claim was a joke.

I should have known reading a similar review. Mistakenly thought my driving habits would make a difference.

Been driving with a soft foot since the 70s gas shortages--getting at least 1-3 better than any EPA ratings. Until the Edge. Highway driving at best gets me only 22-23.

Don't be fooled!

Improve mileage or stop advertising 27 MPG. I see that the 2012 model is rated at 30 MPG. Based on my very frustrating experience that dog probably doesn't hunt either. Let the exaggeration continue!

Don't buy, Sync system is worthless!
By koakai

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from an older BMW X3 to the Edge and now regret it! I've never been a fan of American cars and this is the first one I purchased in nearly 20 years. While I realize the Ford won't have the same performance as my BMW, I was intially impressed by the overall look of the Edge and lured in by the technology. The Sync and navigation system is virtually useless since I bought it six months ago and now being told there's nothing the dealer can do until Ford issues an another update. I've given up using all the features you see touted in the commericals because they don't work or work properly most the time. Do Not Buy a vehicle with Microsoft Sync!

Exterior styling.

Dump Microsoft Sync!

edge sucks
By dk13

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we looked at a lot of suvs because of the bailouts we elimated gm and chrysler torn between the edge and santafee
decided to stay american big mistake ford spent all ther money on gadgets and forgot to make the car quiet we were told it was close to the other one for mialage after 1400 miles lucky to get 22mpg
went for the limited hoping for better ride and less noise that was a wast of 7k my 2001 yukon rides better and a lot quiter it has 171k on it and gets 18mpg my wife drives the ford if we travel i will take the yukon very upset with ford
they dont even have a comment page on there website chickens;;;;;;;; the edge is nice looking junk dont waste your money buy hundai lots cheaper

looks good on the outside

get rid of gadgets make it quiter

Car is good/My touch -Sync stink
By ejv7

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My touch has been nothing but problems. Touch screen is not reliable. Voice recognition - well that is so frustrating it's funny. Had and Acura and GMC with voice recognition and it was very usable. This is a joke. The navigation is right behind this as the worst I ever had. The system maintenance runs almost once a day and it doesn't seem to fix anything. Now my screen went blank and I have to bring it to Ford to get re-programmed ~ 2 to 3 hours. And they won't give me a car, says Ford does not see this as a warranty issue. Huh??? Other than that the car does drive nice, is quite and has been very reliable. Gas milage is not what is advertised. I get ~ 16.7 combined. OUCH!!

Favorite features are - Adaptive cruise control, Blis system, rear sensors and camera(zoom on camera is nice when I am hooking up a trailor), Bluetooth (when it works), rear side sensors and collison alaert sensors. The drive is nice and the car is comfortable. Also enjoy the remote starter, push button (no key start), and door handle sensors for locking and unlocking the car.

Start over (redesign) with the voice recognition and nav. system. Maybe a little more testing and Q.C. before making the My Touch available.