2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Great improvements over previous years' models
By philipntx on 01/04/11 11:04 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this year's Edge to replace my 2008 model. Ford listened to comments about the earlier models. One complaint I had about the older one was the engine. The transmission was always fishing for the right gear. That is gone now. The engine is much smoother and has a bit more hp. My other complaint was with the brakes. They always felt/sounded like they were grinding. I was told nothing was wrong with them; that's just how they were. They have improved tremendously. I didn't have a lot of confidence in them before. I got the 20" wheels. Very nice. SYNC has improved slightly, but it's still quirky. Ford is quite proud of it, too, as reflected in the price. A little more than it should be.

Head Restraints
By shi001 on 12/30/10 21:12 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased 2 of the New Ford edge 2011 AWD Limited full house, and the head restraints position is causing us to have severe head, back and neck pain. This is due to the forward leaning position of the front seat head restraints, they are angled too far forward and are not adjustable except for height. This forces the head to bend forward, chin down in an unnatural position. I have been informed that this might have been a requirement to prevent whiplash injury. I am not a test dummy and this position is causing severe NECK ACHE did anyone consider what would happen if a woman sat in this seat with a ponytail.

Egonomic Issues - Beware
By louaye on 12/29/10 20:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The good is that I love the looks of this vehicle. The build quality seems to be very good. I have only 1500 miles on the vehicle. Cabin is quiet and rides smooth on large tires. Wireless microphone for cell is very good. But I do have some major issues...they are listed below.

My Touch System failed at 770 mi
By denar on 12/22/10 14:02 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Touch system is completely dead. Shut itself down on Saturday - dealer said has to order module - no idea when it will be in. Went to another dealer who told us he has had FOUR of these vehicles back in the past week and also has no idea when the module will be available. Meanwhile we are ready to leave for 4 months in Florida but can't go in this car. I'm sick - disgusted - totally p***ed off at Ford. Love my 2008 Edge and thought we were buying a second great vehicle - think again.

Tough to go American after this
By xweb10 on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are coming from Lexus 350. The Edge has the looks and the tech that drew us to lease it for 3 years. It drives like a much bigger car and is a bit sluggish due to AWD weight. Unless you need it for snow, skip AWD or get the sport with the larger engine. After the first week, we needed to replace the entire windshield because the rain sensing wiper sensor fell off! Instead of just gluing it back on, dealer order new windshield. The Sync system is VERY buggy. Sometimes the rear view camera screen is black. It has frozen while connecting to bluetooth. It does not connect well to a blackberry (dealer said that it was made for an iPhone so too bad).

Worth the wait!
By Realtor4 on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Came from a Honda 1998 CR-V bought new and sold at 210,000 miles, very few problems. Was worried about changing, but just love my Edge. I have it fully loaded with nav, sunroof and towing. The car fits like a glove, when driving or riding. The push start is really nice and the adaptive cruise is great. It's really neat when your car starts to slow down because the car in front of you has slowed down and you haven't even done anything. It makes you feel safer knowing that if you look away, your still not going to hit the car in front of you. My insurance was only $41 more every 6 months than my 1998 Honda because of all the safety features. I love the heated seats. Good Job Ford!

One month and lovin it!
By Dudley on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge is just one month old at this point. We absolutely love this vehicle. It is quiet (traded a'05 Highlander) and much better ride than previous SUV's.The MyFord Touch system has a rather steep learning curve. I am sure it will come in time but at this point we are still learning. Getting about 20 around town and got 31 on a recent 70 mile trip (speed limit was 55)We have been stopped numerous times by people admiring this car. Looked at Lexus, Cadillac, GMC, Honda Toyota but kept coming back to the Edge.Paid invoice and got a fair trade in amount. FYI, the Ford "holdback" is 3% and the advertising allowance is approx. 1 1/2 % So even at invoice the dealer is making about $2000

Love this vehicle
By Joni on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love this vehicle. This vehicle has an excellent ride, very comfortable interior, and it is fun to drive. It drives like a much more expensive vehicle. I traded in my 07 Malibu and there is no comparison in performance, comfort, and overall quality. The Sync system is amazing. Everyone should consider this type vehicle for a crossover. We purchased this vehicle based on overall appearance and the quality. We also respect Ford for not relying on the government and taxpayer to stay in business. So long GM!

3rd Time a Charm!
By Edge#3 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a 2008, 2010 both limited and now the 2011 sport loaded except the DVD player.This is by far the best Edge yet.I love the exterior looks, my edge looks mean with the black grill and the white plat tri coat paint job.The interior is nicely laid out and road noise is a thing of the past.The tuned sport suspension delivers a nice ride on my sweet 22" rims. My headlights are plenty bright dont know what people are complaining about. SYNC system works fine and the sony sound system really rocks luv the surround sound.Steering wheel controls are nice.The dash display is nice and fun to play with.Spend time playing with all the systems to see how they work-read the owners manual cover to cover

Hope it lives up to its HYPE!
By Richard on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice looking. fairly comfortable, not as smooth of a ride as I expected. Just got back from a 2000 mile trip and averaged 25 mpg on mainly freeway driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge in VA is:

$136 per month*