2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Love the Edge, Hate SYNC/My Touch
By grylls on 05/13/11 11:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a 2011 Edge for 5 months now, and for the most part it is a very good vehicle. Comfortable, well built mechanically, and gets the advertised EPA gas mileage if you take it easy. But as many other reviews have said, the SYNC/My Touch systems and everything connected to it such as Blue tooth, Navigation, etc were apparently released to market with no product testing. My wife and I have nicknamed the voice recognition system the "Voice Nonrecognition System". The navigation system seems to know only places that we would never want to go. I should have not dismissed it as a fluke when the navigation system had no idea where the Ford dealership was when we took it for a test drive.

Like Ford's of old
By krbabble on 04/21/11 11:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Years ago we owned a Ford Crown Victoria. Great road car. Solid feel about it. Our new Edge has those same qualities but with all the modern conveniences. Love the My Touch system, the blind spot side mirrors, and the great seats. Even my wife, who does not like leather, loves the heated front seats. So glad we went for the Limited with the memory features. My wife is 11 inches shorter than me but the memory makes finding our driving positions easy. We have owned many new cars and this one is one of the best, if not the best, ever.

Living on the Edge
By sipoc on 04/12/11 16:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this car, lots of room in the back and front. Kids boosters fit fine. Drives like a dream. Take the time to learn how to use sync, it's worth it.

Great SUV!
By smithfarms500 on 04/06/11 05:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had my Ford Edge for about a month now and I love driving it everywhere. I live on a dairy farm and needed a more realistic vehicle than our trucks we have. The Edge was the suv that stood out most to us. The exterior is fabulous how all the lines of the car just flow. The inside and the technology is unbeatable. We were looking at other suvs and none at anyother company could beat this technology. The engine was the number one important concern for us. We wanted a strong and powerful engine that could handle the wear and tear a farm has on cars. The edge does great with our stone lane, back roads and sometimes field drives. The only thing we would change is possibly putting a third row!

2011 Ford Edge Limited - Loaded
By cafunmom on 03/26/11 17:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am really enjoying my new Ford Edge. It is a very comfortable car (I have back issues as times), and it is also roomy enough for my tall family. The car has great safety features and performs well on the road. I love the new MyFord Touch and Synch. I received very good training on the system from my salesman when I picked up the car. I highly recommend taking the time to understand the features; it really is a great system and worth taking the time to learn it! Some people said they had glitches or found it confusing. So far, I have not found that to be an issue. The car handles very well, but the suspension is a little firm.

Best car I've ever had!
By niewmar on 03/06/11 05:53 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have just leased 2011 Edge Limited AWD (with all possible extras) and having owned Mercedes before and still driving '06 Acura RL I have to say that Edge is by far the best car I have ever had and driven before. Drive quality and comfort is superb, fit and finish is fantastic and the amount of technical features and gadgets is just unbelievable. I absolutely love the Edge and would buy another one without a second of hesitation. Best car ever! You have to be crazy to buy Lexus, BMW or the MB these days- just test drive the fully loaded Edge!

Ford did their homework and deserve a chance!
By gunnardad on 02/18/11 18:44 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A lifelong foreign car owner-except for 2 suburbans- and a Range Rover lover, I was looking for safe, economical car that would protect my wife,be comfortable for long trips, room for sports equip. (I am spoiled by my 30 yr old!!MB diesel giving 30mpg hwy) and decided to give domestic cars a chance, after looking at MB MLs, BMW x and Toureg. We liked the older Edge styling and saw new beautiful silver/black one at dealer. Wow. Quiet, comfortable, smooth, corners flat, and moves like a big V8! Shocked. Bought it. Simple 2wd SE, no touch system(I like dials and hate gimicry) Cloth seat material is surprisingly comfortable, practical and cool(Florida) Powerful, roomy, and avg. 20/28 GO FORD!

Very happy with New Edge
By jbrtp on 02/14/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded 07 Suburban for 09 Mariner. Mercury too small and slow - got a good deal and traded for 2011 Edge. No leather - no sync - no Ford touch - result - good car. Looked at Chevy Equinox, Honda CRV- Acura - Toyota Rav 4 and Highlander - Mazda CX7. Ford seemed better made and more solid. Mazda, even though same underpinings, seemed cheaper and required premium gas. Hit gas in Edge and car goes. Brakes are good and steering feedback are just fine considering it's a CX. Wish it had blue tooth as an option. Hard to see right front end at times. Agree about headrests, but we are used to them now with a little bit of recline in the seat. Biggers wheels improve mileage by 1-3 MP

Nice Ride
By spideygirl301 on 02/11/11 08:03 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Edge for about 2 months now and just hit 3k miles. I upgraded from a 2008 Equinox that was always in the shop. I love the 2011 Edge and so far would recommend it. Earlier this week, I was involved in a road rage incident where I was literally being chased by a truck on a major highway. I honestly think the only thing that saved me from a very bad encounter was the handling of the vehicle which allowed me to manuver in and out of traffic quickly and easily (even at speeds close to 100 miles an hour)

Nice car with a few hiccups
By sussexbill on 01/29/11 14:01 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Rear hedrests are a big deterrant to rearview mirror visibility. Had dealer remove rear headrests to improve vision in rearview mirror. Can be replaced as needed. (Not used to driving using only side view mirrors) Car is overengineered regarding display package. Interior phone is annoyance to driver when passenger is using it, but speakers can be turned off and hand set utilized. Cargo package absolutely useless (attaches to rear headrests which are now not in place). Needs window shade approach) Car drives very well and seats can be adjusted vertually anywhere. Good power and smart looking lines. Gas mileage 27.1 MPG on interstate 1,000 mile trip.