Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

edge sucks
By dk13

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we looked at a lot of suvs because of the bailouts we elimated gm and chrysler torn between the edge and santafee decided to stay american big mistake ford spent all ther money on gadgets and forgot to make the car quiet we were told it was close to the other one for mialage after 1400 miles lucky to get 22mpg went for the limited hoping for better ride and less noise that was a wast of 7k my 2001 yukon rides better and a lot quiter it has 171k on it and gets 18mpg my wife drives the ford if we travel i will take the yukon very upset with ford they dont even have a comment page on there website chickens;;;;;;;; the edge is nice looking junk dont waste your money buy hundai lots cheaper

looks good on the outside

get rid of gadgets make it quiter

Car is good/My touch -Sync stink
By ejv7

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My touch has been nothing but problems. Touch screen is not reliable. Voice recognition - well that is so frustrating it's funny. Had and Acura and GMC with voice recognition and it was very usable. This is a joke. The navigation is right behind this as the worst I ever had. The system maintenance runs almost once a day and it doesn't seem to fix anything. Now my screen went blank and I have to bring it to Ford to get re-programmed ~ 2 to 3 hours. And they won't give me a car, says Ford does not see this as a warranty issue. Huh??? Other than that the car does drive nice, is quite and has been very reliable. Gas milage is not what is advertised. I get ~ 16.7 combined. OUCH!!

Favorite features are - Adaptive cruise control, Blis system, rear sensors and camera(zoom on camera is nice when I am hooking up a trailor), Bluetooth (when it works), rear side sensors and collison alaert sensors. The drive is nice and the car is comfortable. Also enjoy the remote starter, push button (no key start), and door handle sensors for locking and unlocking the car.

Start over (redesign) with the voice recognition and nav. system. Maybe a little more testing and Q.C. before making the My Touch available.

Ford Edge Sport Review
By mikeyv823

2011 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I could not stop thinking about the Ford Edge Sport model once I saw the new 2011 come out. The black front grille, the body colored moldings & spectacular 22" wheels. I've owned mine for 3 months and haven't seen another one on the road! That's how rare they are and how much you'll stand out. I couldn't afford a new one so I purchased a 2011 demo in Nov '11 for 8k off sticker! Mine is red. Interior is beautiful as well. System is super super slow though. It's an amazing technology but just not there yet. It's slow to respond and sometimes frustrating but it's what's next. If you have an iphone this screen will bug you because it's not as user friendly or responsive. Still love it!!

The Wheels, how can you not love em?! The ambient lighting is super cool and you'll miss it when you drive or ride in a different vehicle at night, haha. The leather is awesome and seat heaters are nice. The LED front fog lights are sweet. I have keyless entry and push button start, automatic starter comes with it, wow, cool. Nav is good. Love the dual exhaust. Sport brake and gas pedals are pretty awesome looking. Did i mention the wheels!!! the chrome shines all day long. Back up camera works great and is a big help. Ride is comfortable.

The sync systems voice has an accent, i don't see how this is possible, she calls people i dont' want to call when I ask her to call Erin, a simple name. The radio on/off button doesn't work sometimes, ugh. The coin holder only likes to hold like 4 quarters! Automatic lift gate for the trunk gets annoying, no panic button to make it go back up. Speaking of panic button it's too easy to hit on the key fob, it gets pressed in my pocket and my alarm is goin off right outside! No light in the glove compartment???! I wish I knew when the headlights were on...it's set on automatic but a little light on the dash display would help me know they've come on. A little wind noise by driver door.

sync or sink?
By returnit

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am considering the 'lemon law' on this one! Owned Chryslers and decided to switch based on technology and fuel efficiency. Paid more than I paid for my first home and I am totally dissatisfied. The 'sync' system rarely works, it resets itself during dangerous drive times without notification. Ford says they are coming out with an update in early 2012. Since it only gets 22 mile/gallon, and the technology stinks, why do I believe them? $5,000.00 technology pkg. that Ford admittedly says won't work properly. [violative content deleted]

If you are taller than 6ft., be sure and sit on the front passenger side. The seat will only go back slightly but will go forward enough to crush you! Hazard 'touch' button needs to be moved from center below screen as you activate when your palm touches it while trying to get sync technology to work!

Happy - still learning
By airdalechief

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buy 1wk ago. Not expert, but fairly tech savvy. Fun learning MyTouch etc. Love it. Works like a charm. After 3 years driving Rav4 (V6) it's a pleasure to feel solid vehicle under me again. Two complaints: 1: GPS gives only 1/10mi verbal advise of turn. INSUFFICIENT! This is a dangerous thing. Its accident waiting to happen. They need to fix this. Example: An aftermarket Magellan that I had in Rav4 gave verbals at 2mi; 1/2mi & approaching. That's how it should be done. 2. To change active phone for Sync must acccess account in PC. Not the same as Primary phone for MyTouch. You need to understand the system to know what I'm saying. Simple cure, make changeable from vehicle. See Fav Features

Like the voice commands - so many to learn - but that's a good thing. Like the small supplemental screen in drivers instrument panel. Safer to glance than glancing a big screen. Rides like a dream. Very solid feeling. Comfortable seats.

3 complaints: 1: GPS gives only 1/10mi verbal advise of turn. INSUFFICIENT! This is a dangerous thing. Its accident waiting to happen. They need to fix this. Example: An aftermarket Magellan that I had in Rav4 gave verbals at 2mi; 1/2mi & approaching. That's how it should be done. 2. To change active phone for Sync must acccess account in PC. Not the same as Primary phone for MyTouch. You need to understand the system to know what I'm saying. Simple cure, make changeable from vehicle. 3. Need more storage space! Trunk not big enough. Spare takes all room. Also should be deeper. Should use all nooks and crannies in vehicle for additional comparments.