2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Living on the Edge
By sipoc on 04/12/11 16:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this car, lots of room in the back and front. Kids boosters fit fine. Drives like a dream. Take the time to learn how to use sync, it's worth it.

Great SUV!
By smithfarms500 on 04/06/11 05:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had my Ford Edge for about a month now and I love driving it everywhere. I live on a dairy farm and needed a more realistic vehicle than our trucks we have. The Edge was the suv that stood out most to us. The exterior is fabulous how all the lines of the car just flow. The inside and the technology is unbeatable. We were looking at other suvs and none at anyother company could beat this technology. The engine was the number one important concern for us. We wanted a strong and powerful engine that could handle the wear and tear a farm has on cars. The edge does great with our stone lane, back roads and sometimes field drives. The only thing we would change is possibly putting a third row!

2011 Ford Edge Limited - Loaded
By cafunmom on 03/26/11 17:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am really enjoying my new Ford Edge. It is a very comfortable car (I have back issues as times), and it is also roomy enough for my tall family. The car has great safety features and performs well on the road. I love the new MyFord Touch and Synch. I received very good training on the system from my salesman when I picked up the car. I highly recommend taking the time to understand the features; it really is a great system and worth taking the time to learn it! Some people said they had glitches or found it confusing. So far, I have not found that to be an issue. The car handles very well, but the suspension is a little firm.

Best car I've ever had!
By niewmar on 03/06/11 05:53 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have just leased 2011 Edge Limited AWD (with all possible extras) and having owned Mercedes before and still driving '06 Acura RL I have to say that Edge is by far the best car I have ever had and driven before. Drive quality and comfort is superb, fit and finish is fantastic and the amount of technical features and gadgets is just unbelievable. I absolutely love the Edge and would buy another one without a second of hesitation. Best car ever! You have to be crazy to buy Lexus, BMW or the MB these days- just test drive the fully loaded Edge!

Ford did their homework and deserve a chance!
By gunnardad on 02/18/11 18:44 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A lifelong foreign car owner-except for 2 suburbans- and a Range Rover lover, I was looking for safe, economical car that would protect my wife,be comfortable for long trips, room for sports equip. (I am spoiled by my 30 yr old!!MB diesel giving 30mpg hwy) and decided to give domestic cars a chance, after looking at MB MLs, BMW x and Toureg. We liked the older Edge styling and saw new beautiful silver/black one at dealer. Wow. Quiet, comfortable, smooth, corners flat, and moves like a big V8! Shocked. Bought it. Simple 2wd SE, no touch system(I like dials and hate gimicry) Cloth seat material is surprisingly comfortable, practical and cool(Florida) Powerful, roomy, and avg. 20/28 GO FORD!

Very happy with New Edge
By jbrtp on 02/14/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded 07 Suburban for 09 Mariner. Mercury too small and slow - got a good deal and traded for 2011 Edge. No leather - no sync - no Ford touch - result - good car. Looked at Chevy Equinox, Honda CRV- Acura - Toyota Rav 4 and Highlander - Mazda CX7. Ford seemed better made and more solid. Mazda, even though same underpinings, seemed cheaper and required premium gas. Hit gas in Edge and car goes. Brakes are good and steering feedback are just fine considering it's a CX. Wish it had blue tooth as an option. Hard to see right front end at times. Agree about headrests, but we are used to them now with a little bit of recline in the seat. Biggers wheels improve mileage by 1-3 MP

Nice Ride
By spideygirl301 on 02/11/11 08:03 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Edge for about 2 months now and just hit 3k miles. I upgraded from a 2008 Equinox that was always in the shop. I love the 2011 Edge and so far would recommend it. Earlier this week, I was involved in a road rage incident where I was literally being chased by a truck on a major highway. I honestly think the only thing that saved me from a very bad encounter was the handling of the vehicle which allowed me to manuver in and out of traffic quickly and easily (even at speeds close to 100 miles an hour)

Nice car with a few hiccups
By sussexbill on 01/29/11 14:01 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Rear hedrests are a big deterrant to rearview mirror visibility. Had dealer remove rear headrests to improve vision in rearview mirror. Can be replaced as needed. (Not used to driving using only side view mirrors) Car is overengineered regarding display package. Interior phone is annoyance to driver when passenger is using it, but speakers can be turned off and hand set utilized. Cargo package absolutely useless (attaches to rear headrests which are now not in place). Needs window shade approach) Car drives very well and seats can be adjusted vertually anywhere. Good power and smart looking lines. Gas mileage 27.1 MPG on interstate 1,000 mile trip.

Great improvements over previous years' models
By philipntx on 01/04/11 11:04 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this year's Edge to replace my 2008 model. Ford listened to comments about the earlier models. One complaint I had about the older one was the engine. The transmission was always fishing for the right gear. That is gone now. The engine is much smoother and has a bit more hp. My other complaint was with the brakes. They always felt/sounded like they were grinding. I was told nothing was wrong with them; that's just how they were. They have improved tremendously. I didn't have a lot of confidence in them before. I got the 20" wheels. Very nice. SYNC has improved slightly, but it's still quirky. Ford is quite proud of it, too, as reflected in the price. A little more than it should be.

Head Restraints
By shi001 on 12/30/10 21:12 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased 2 of the New Ford edge 2011 AWD Limited full house, and the head restraints position is causing us to have severe head, back and neck pain. This is due to the forward leaning position of the front seat head restraints, they are angled too far forward and are not adjustable except for height. This forces the head to bend forward, chin down in an unnatural position. I have been informed that this might have been a requirement to prevent whiplash injury. I am not a test dummy and this position is causing severe NECK ACHE did anyone consider what would happen if a woman sat in this seat with a ponytail.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$136 per month*