2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Car is good/My touch -Sync stink
By ejv7 on 01/07/12 05:43 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My touch has been nothing but problems. Touch screen is not reliable. Voice recognition - well that is so frustrating it's funny. Had and Acura and GMC with voice recognition and it was very usable. This is a joke. The navigation is right behind this as the worst I ever had. The system maintenance runs almost once a day and it doesn't seem to fix anything. Now my screen went blank and I have to bring it to Ford to get re-programmed ~ 2 to 3 hours. And they won't give me a car, says Ford does not see this as a warranty issue. Huh??? Other than that the car does drive nice, is quite and has been very reliable. Gas milage is not what is advertised. I get ~ 16.7 combined. OUCH!!

Ford Edge Sport Review
By mikeyv823 on 01/06/12 15:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I could not stop thinking about the Ford Edge Sport model once I saw the new 2011 come out. The black front grille, the body colored moldings & spectacular 22" wheels. I've owned mine for 3 months and haven't seen another one on the road! That's how rare they are and how much you'll stand out. I couldn't afford a new one so I purchased a 2011 demo in Nov '11 for 8k off sticker! Mine is red. Interior is beautiful as well. System is super super slow though. It's an amazing technology but just not there yet. It's slow to respond and sometimes frustrating but it's what's next. If you have an iphone this screen will bug you because it's not as user friendly or responsive. Still love it!!

sync or sink?
By returnit on 01/02/12 05:09 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am considering the 'lemon law' on this one! Owned Chryslers and decided to switch based on technology and fuel efficiency. Paid more than I paid for my first home and I am totally dissatisfied. The 'sync' system rarely works, it resets itself during dangerous drive times without notification. Ford says they are coming out with an update in early 2012. Since it only gets 22 mile/gallon, and the technology stinks, why do I believe them? $5,000.00 technology pkg. that Ford admittedly says won't work properly. [violative content deleted]

Happy - still learning
By airdalechief on 12/30/11 08:44 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buy 1wk ago. Not expert, but fairly tech savvy. Fun learning MyTouch etc. Love it. Works like a charm. After 3 years driving Rav4 (V6) it's a pleasure to feel solid vehicle under me again. Two complaints: 1: GPS gives only 1/10mi verbal advise of turn. INSUFFICIENT! This is a dangerous thing. Its accident waiting to happen. They need to fix this. Example: An aftermarket Magellan that I had in Rav4 gave verbals at 2mi; 1/2mi & approaching. That's how it should be done. 2. To change active phone for Sync must acccess account in PC. Not the same as Primary phone for MyTouch. You need to understand the system to know what I'm saying. Simple cure, make changeable from vehicle. See Fav Features

Battery and Transmission
By henry55 on 12/22/11 13:57 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2011 Edge on August 9, 2011. Nov 4 car not stating good. Loss of power when driving. Took to Ford garage said battery post needed cleaning and there was water whicht hey did not know where it came from. Dec 2 once again noticed loss of power, I checked under hood battery very corrided. Took to Ford garage I asked if maybe the battery could be defective they said they would not replace unless it tested no good. It tested no good. New battery put in. Dec 9 Took back to Ford garage not sounding good loud when shifting and slight vibration on brake pedal. Mechanic took it for a drive and said just wind noise I said it was not like that he said that was because I bought it in the

2011 Edge SEL gas mileage
By oscar001 on 12/18/11 13:19 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase the edge new in April 2011. With only 1300 miles on the car we took our annual trip from Florida to Seattle WA. on the trip of 4218 miles we averaged 24.98 mpg. On our return trip of 4065 miles we average 26.87 mpg, which is exceptional in my opinion. This was the reason the Edge was purchased. The car is quite and very smooth to drive, the six speed is great when going down grades it automatically downshifts to maintain cruise speed. I drive at interstate speeds but do not use jackrabbit starts, is probably the key to the good mileage I get. The car now has 14000 +miles and the more I drive, the better I like the for Edge.

Recovering Toyota Addict
By leslie419 on 12/11/11 12:22 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed to replace my 2002 Toyota Highlander in October and planned to go back and get a newer model. Am I glad that I made a side trip to Ford! My Edge ROCKS! I was so surprised at the upgrades in power, technology, safety features, and quality of interior and exterior trim that I kept asking my sales rep if this was really a Ford! I could not believe that Ford had done such a drastic turnaround but from the looks I get driving around town and the increasing numbers of Edge's I have seen on the road, I believe Ford is serious about getting back into the mid-size SUV/crossover market in a competitive way. If you keep up the value for quality, you have won over a devoted Toyota owner.

Great Car, But Has Some Faults
By bpic on 11/20/11 15:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got our 2011 Ford Edge SEL in Sept. We love the extra interia room, comfort and performance. The gas mileage is not up to what Ford claims. Ford says, 19/27, don't believe it. Unless you are very, very concious about your driving habits, you are not going to get what is claimed. I don't have a heavy foot and we're getting 12. We have 1K miles and so far, the Edge came with the rear window washer broke. Then the high beams/low beams now make a clunking noise and both side view mirrors now grin. The radio sync does not switch to the correct station with voice. Also, why did Ford place the indside door handle so close to the hinge side; it makes it difficult to close the door.

2011 Ford Edge is bouncy
By bouncyrde on 11/18/11 18:02 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only had my Edge since Sept. When I test drove it the ride seemed good. Now that I bought it and driving it around town, the ride is very bouncy - disappointed in Ford. Maybe they need to change the suspension to be a little bit more firm. The Edge bounces too much on uneven pavement. Used to driving cars with a firmer ride. This is my first Crossover/SUV vehicle and think I made a mistake. So far no problems with the MyFordTouch but it is a little distracting and Ford supposedly has an upgrade for the software. I don't have any problems with the headrests hitting the back of my head. Very quiet ride. Overall nice SUV.

DO NOT BUY THE CAR WITH THE SYNC SYSTEM
By tuffcookie on 11/06/11 10:51 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Edge with the Sync system. The system does not work Ford is covering up the problem in all of the Edge's and Explorers The dealerships are unable to fix the system My car is my office the whole system does not work can not recieve or talk on the phone Radio some times goes out System re boots on its own If you use your car as your mobile office do not buy I have an internal Ford e mail stating system does not work and supposedly fix is coming in Jan Feb . I bought an American car to support our country. They have not lived up to the problem in their customer service divsion and have not come out publically and admitted they have a problem Maybe they should follow