2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Battery and Transmission
By henry55 on 12/22/11 13:57 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2011 Edge on August 9, 2011. Nov 4 car not stating good. Loss of power when driving. Took to Ford garage said battery post needed cleaning and there was water whicht hey did not know where it came from. Dec 2 once again noticed loss of power, I checked under hood battery very corrided. Took to Ford garage I asked if maybe the battery could be defective they said they would not replace unless it tested no good. It tested no good. New battery put in. Dec 9 Took back to Ford garage not sounding good loud when shifting and slight vibration on brake pedal. Mechanic took it for a drive and said just wind noise I said it was not like that he said that was because I bought it in the

2011 Edge SEL gas mileage
By oscar001 on 12/18/11 13:19 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase the edge new in April 2011. With only 1300 miles on the car we took our annual trip from Florida to Seattle WA. on the trip of 4218 miles we averaged 24.98 mpg. On our return trip of 4065 miles we average 26.87 mpg, which is exceptional in my opinion. This was the reason the Edge was purchased. The car is quite and very smooth to drive, the six speed is great when going down grades it automatically downshifts to maintain cruise speed. I drive at interstate speeds but do not use jackrabbit starts, is probably the key to the good mileage I get. The car now has 14000 +miles and the more I drive, the better I like the for Edge.

Recovering Toyota Addict
By leslie419 on 12/11/11 12:22 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed to replace my 2002 Toyota Highlander in October and planned to go back and get a newer model. Am I glad that I made a side trip to Ford! My Edge ROCKS! I was so surprised at the upgrades in power, technology, safety features, and quality of interior and exterior trim that I kept asking my sales rep if this was really a Ford! I could not believe that Ford had done such a drastic turnaround but from the looks I get driving around town and the increasing numbers of Edge's I have seen on the road, I believe Ford is serious about getting back into the mid-size SUV/crossover market in a competitive way. If you keep up the value for quality, you have won over a devoted Toyota owner.

Great Car, But Has Some Faults
By bpic on 11/20/11 15:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got our 2011 Ford Edge SEL in Sept. We love the extra interia room, comfort and performance. The gas mileage is not up to what Ford claims. Ford says, 19/27, don't believe it. Unless you are very, very concious about your driving habits, you are not going to get what is claimed. I don't have a heavy foot and we're getting 12. We have 1K miles and so far, the Edge came with the rear window washer broke. Then the high beams/low beams now make a clunking noise and both side view mirrors now grin. The radio sync does not switch to the correct station with voice. Also, why did Ford place the indside door handle so close to the hinge side; it makes it difficult to close the door.

2011 Ford Edge is bouncy
By bouncyrde on 11/18/11 18:02 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only had my Edge since Sept. When I test drove it the ride seemed good. Now that I bought it and driving it around town, the ride is very bouncy - disappointed in Ford. Maybe they need to change the suspension to be a little bit more firm. The Edge bounces too much on uneven pavement. Used to driving cars with a firmer ride. This is my first Crossover/SUV vehicle and think I made a mistake. So far no problems with the MyFordTouch but it is a little distracting and Ford supposedly has an upgrade for the software. I don't have any problems with the headrests hitting the back of my head. Very quiet ride. Overall nice SUV.

DO NOT BUY THE CAR WITH THE SYNC SYSTEM
By tuffcookie on 11/06/11 10:51 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Edge with the Sync system. The system does not work Ford is covering up the problem in all of the Edge's and Explorers The dealerships are unable to fix the system My car is my office the whole system does not work can not recieve or talk on the phone Radio some times goes out System re boots on its own If you use your car as your mobile office do not buy I have an internal Ford e mail stating system does not work and supposedly fix is coming in Jan Feb . I bought an American car to support our country. They have not lived up to the problem in their customer service divsion and have not come out publically and admitted they have a problem Maybe they should follow

Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut on 10/25/11 20:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it. I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer. Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Love the car hate the problems.
By tgibson1 on 10/09/11 11:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Several issues with this vehicle. 1. Mytouch sporadically connects my Verizon Droid X phone. 2. Transmission jerks when accelerating at slow speeds. 3. "No Key Detected" warning on numerous occasions. 4. Navigation won't recognize streets that have been around for years. 5. Voice Recognition never works right. Love the car and all the features, just wished everything worked like it should.

Disappointed
By bytx71 on 09/09/11 15:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So very, very disappointed. I've only had my 2011 Edge a few weeks, but the gas mileage is terrible. While mostly highway miles, I'm barely getting an average of 16 mpg. If this continues, the 19/27 mpg as stated by Ford is a gross misrepresentation. While running errands today, I got 11mpg (50/50 highway miles). I feel mislead and deceived.

Couldn't be more satisfied. My EDGE is like a family member.
By gerryinohio on 09/07/11 18:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's only been 8 months since I drove it off the lot and said to my wife ..."Did I really pay that much fir a Ford !!?" Now I am constantly surprised that I was able to get all these features, and this ride for such a low price. I've owned 2 Accords, a Chrysler Town and Country Limited Van, an RX7, and before that a Chrysler 5th Avenue, and a Mercury Marquis Broughm. They all had their good points ... but none has fit me so well as this Edge. Decent mileage (19.5 city), comfort, all the pickup I need, and easy on the eyes. I'm so sold on it, I should probably quit my job and apply at the local dealers to sell Edges.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$136 per month*