2011 Edge SEL gas mileage
By oscar001 on
2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchase the edge new in April 2011. With only 1300 miles on the car we took our annual trip from Florida to Seattle WA. on the trip of 4218 miles we averaged 24.98 mpg. On our return trip of 4065 miles we average 26.87 mpg, which is exceptional in my opinion. This was the reason the Edge was purchased. The car is quite and very smooth to drive, the six speed is great when going down grades it automatically downshifts to maintain cruise speed. I drive at interstate speeds but do not use jackrabbit starts, is probably the key to the good mileage I get. The car now has 14000 +miles and the more I drive, the better I like the for Edge.
Favorite Features
When we bought the 2011 Ford Edge ,We downgraded from a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT, which took some getting used to less room in Edge and less driving comforts, such as mem driver seat and single disc instead of six CD. The Edge has some basic design flaws, ie, the parking brake pedal is in the way of the foot using left foot braking as I had for over 50 years, so I have learned to right foot brake again. The ford touch sync system is a complete joke, it broke down twice while in Seattle in the summer, the local ford dealer was very nice and repaired the system. Overall the sync sys,is so difficult to use that we don't use anything but the hands free cell phone feature. I wouldn't buy the sync again
Suggested Improvements
1. Move the parking brake to the left near the side panel so the left foot isn't trapped. 2.Make the driver seat memory sys available on SEL trim also instead of Limited Trim only. 3. Make daytime running lights standard on all trim levels. 4. Make leather package only, a separate option on SEL not included only with ford touch and sync.