Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Love our Edge! Best in it's class!
By wytenow

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Edge. We drove every other vehicle in it's class and it was clearly the best. We've put almost 60k miles on ours with no problems. Can't wait for the new 2015 Edge to come out. Definitely going to buy another.

Power/Performance, AWD, styling, room, and reliability.

Problems with snycmyride but it's working now
By bowlingroach

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge for two years. I have yet to get 27 mpg on the highway BUT it seems the gas mileage gets better all the time. It started (using what the vehicle's posting) at 18 mpg and it is up to 21.4 mpg with mostly city driving. I had an issue with the syncmyride - my dealership manager worked with me to make sure it was corrected - I had to get another phone before it worked correctly BUT then after the computer was updated that phone did not work! Then Ford said to look at the list of phones that were compatible with the car. And lo and behold after I bought the compatible phone it has been smooth sailing every since. My phones were all basic phones so the costs were minimal.

syncmyride - directions, calling features; ipod connection with usb; handling in traffic

Because only complaint with the car was the syncmyride feature. Ford should tell buyers upfront that their cell phones may not be compatible with the car -- and show them where to go find out that information -- it will save a lot of aggravation.

Disappointed
By review8

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car less than 2 years under 30,000 miles. Already returned to the dealership 6 times. Had service for replacement of the main computer chip, replace defective power window switch, faulty fuel injectors, and a couple of sync issues. This was not a cheap vehicle, sticker over $40 grand. Can't take it anywhere afraid won't get home. As soon as I get back from shop trading it in on something other than a Ford!

3 area need for improvement Poor service. Never any parts on hand. Use better grade parts.

Great car ,flashy design
By mshales282

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Edge w/ all the whistles .. love the technology. On a trip to the NC mtns. the car quit on me in a lonely mtn road after a 3 hr. interstate drive. I found an area to pull off the road turned around (dropoffs on both sides) and coasted back down the mtn. while the engine idled roughly. ...stopped in church parking lot and shutoff the engine. on an whim turned on the car and it fired up normally. This quitting at (70mph) happened twice again on way home to Florida 2 x in dangerous spots where I couldn't pull off. Upon returning I informed a dealer of what I had heard from another dealer..faulty throttle sensor (no record in computor. They finally replaced it..been fine.

Good performance, but QUIRKY and has issues
By stxedge

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Happy with vehicle's performance, comfort, and styling. SYNC and MyFordTouch are quirky and are hit or miss whether or not they'll work correctly any given day. I've had to get tips of forums on how to get the system working correctly again and have even had to do some hard resets. Annoying, but not worrisome. What is disconcerting, though, is the recurring smoke producing transmission leak from the PTU (power transfer unit) that is well documented in numerous online forums. I've been fighting that one with the dealer for the better part of a year and a half and only have 27K miles on it.

Styling, power, SYNC capabilites (though not its stubbornness), interior comfort and room.

Solve the well known transmission leak issue! That's a problem that seems to be very common and well documented and yet still continues to plague owners of this vehicle. The standard fixes of just replacing the seals just doesn't seem to work.