Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Problems with snycmyride but it's working now
By bowlingroach

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge for two years. I have yet to get 27 mpg on the highway BUT it seems the gas mileage gets better all the time. It started (using what the vehicle's posting) at 18 mpg and it is up to 21.4 mpg with mostly city driving. I had an issue with the syncmyride - my dealership manager worked with me to make sure it was corrected - I had to get another phone before it worked correctly BUT then after the computer was updated that phone did not work! Then Ford said to look at the list of phones that were compatible with the car. And lo and behold after I bought the compatible phone it has been smooth sailing every since. My phones were all basic phones so the costs were minimal.

Favorite Features

syncmyride - directions, calling features; ipod connection with usb; handling in traffic

Suggested Improvements

Because only complaint with the car was the syncmyride feature. Ford should tell buyers upfront that their cell phones may not be compatible with the car -- and show them where to go find out that information -- it will save a lot of aggravation.

Disappointed
By review8

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car less than 2 years under 30,000 miles. Already returned to the dealership 6 times. Had service for replacement of the main computer chip, replace defective power window switch, faulty fuel injectors, and a couple of sync issues. This was not a cheap vehicle, sticker over $40 grand. Can't take it anywhere afraid won't get home. As soon as I get back from shop trading it in on something other than a Ford!

Suggested Improvements

3 area need for improvement Poor service. Never any parts on hand. Use better grade parts.

Great car ,flashy design
By mshales282

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Edge w/ all the whistles .. love the technology. On a trip to the NC mtns. the car quit on me in a lonely mtn road after a 3 hr. interstate drive. I found an area to pull off the road turned around (dropoffs on both sides) and coasted back down the mtn. while the engine idled roughly. ...stopped in church parking lot and shutoff the engine. on an whim turned on the car and it fired up normally. This quitting at (70mph) happened twice again on way home to Florida 2 x in dangerous spots where I couldn't pull off. Upon returning I informed a dealer of what I had heard from another dealer..faulty throttle sensor (no record in computor. They finally replaced it..been fine.

Good performance, but QUIRKY and has issues
By stxedge

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Happy with vehicle's performance, comfort, and styling. SYNC and MyFordTouch are quirky and are hit or miss whether or not they'll work correctly any given day. I've had to get tips of forums on how to get the system working correctly again and have even had to do some hard resets. Annoying, but not worrisome. What is disconcerting, though, is the recurring smoke producing transmission leak from the PTU (power transfer unit) that is well documented in numerous online forums. I've been fighting that one with the dealer for the better part of a year and a half and only have 27K miles on it.

Favorite Features

Styling, power, SYNC capabilites (though not its stubbornness), interior comfort and room.

Suggested Improvements

Solve the well known transmission leak issue! That's a problem that seems to be very common and well documented and yet still continues to plague owners of this vehicle. The standard fixes of just replacing the seals just doesn't seem to work.

Not what I expected
By flangilotti67

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a honda owner for the last 15 years but decided to buy american this last go around. I loved the exterior look of the Edge but our love affair ends there. The sync features are great, when they work. I loved that the map would show me traffic speed & accidents, it worked for about a month. For the last six months i've gotten an error message that the front collison isn't working but dealer can't find anything wrong. the placement of the emergency lights is horrible, right under the sync screen and i constantly set it off. trying to give the navigation verbal information, like a city or address is a nightmare. I also really dislike that the headrest are fixed and cant be move

Favorite Features

i love the keyless entry, the back hatch door and the sync does work well with my phone

Suggested Improvements

make the headrests so that they can be adjusted foward/back, move the placement of the emergency lights, get the sync features to work consistently.