Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Very Happy with Ford Edge
By rtp_owner on 10/24/12 01:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 Ford Edge - for gas mileage we went from a 2007 Suburban (great but thirsty) to a 2009 Mariner (OK on gas but no go) to the Edge. Did not realize Edge was so heavy, but appreciated how solid it was. Great car. No issues whatsoever. Bought low end FWD model. No touch screen etc. Cloth seats were warm in winter so seat heater no missed. Little bit of hesitation on times at acceleration but really strong engine. Brakes were solid and steering was also OK. Climate control worked well. 30,000 miles and only routine oil changes. Zero mechanical issues at all. Did not tow with the car but don't think it would have been an issue. Highly recommend the Ford Edge.

40 K and going strong
By bobmilan on 08/09/12 18:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge is 13 months old and has over 44K miles due to mix of family and business use. Very happy on both long trips and short. Overall mileage is 26+ mpg with 28+ on long drives - impressive. I agree that the ride is a bit harsh, but glad for solid handling when needed for avoidance or quick turns. Glad that I bought extended warranty coverage considering recent reviews but I still hold hope of getting $$ back if not used. Synch phone service works well as does I-phone podcast replays. Agree that system is not ideal, but upgrade has helped. Now pretty intuitive.

Good looking car, A/C and entertainment system not good
By togden on 06/23/12 18:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great design, nice leather, great panaramic sunroof. Negatives: entertainment system lacking, radio volume either very low or too loud, no setting for in between. A/C lacking, either at full blast or too low, and blowing right on your or off. A/C resets to Low 60 degrees every time we start a new trip. What happened to resuming my desired settings?

Do Not Buy a Ford Edge...
By palmspringspa on 06/15/12 08:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Problems started in 1 week. I noticed the car veered to the right. I took it in and had alignment done and they said the front was out of alignment..(really... A new car?) well it still veered to the right so I took it in again... Another alignment... By this time I also started noticing all the Sync System problems... Well it still veered to the right, took it in again. Thats when I said I want my money back. The service manager said he found a fix. It was a sub frame problem and he found that out from an inner company memo... (really... Ford knew about this and still sold the car?) well.. After that it still veered to the right. 1 more alignment and still not fixed. So I hired an attorney!

Good, but....
By 123max on 06/10/12 17:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama. Itīs very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine. Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Woefully inflated ratings
By rbrice1981 on 05/27/12 07:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Edge has one of the worst Consumer Reports Ratings and I have first-hand experience as to why. If you buy a 2011 Ford Edge, you are gambling and may be one of the 14% of owners whose MyFord Touch program/system is so faulty that it works less frequently than it malfunctions. Ford was unable to fix my vehicle despite 8 attempts and a lawsuit. In the end, I sued Ford and was awarded a settlement. I am appalled at Ford's response to my real issues and because of this, my review for the Ford Edge is very negative. I married into a Ford family who have all now vowed never to buy a Ford of any type again.

NIce
By bigg5512 on 03/24/12 18:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought used 2011 Edge Limited AWD, all the bells and whistles. Traded in 2008 expidition loved expi but needed better gas mileage. In the Edge I doubled my gas mileage and got a better looking and handling vehicle love the ford sync no problems so far. Owned for 5 weeks so far no problems.

Disappointed Owner -- Not 27 MPG!!
By mpg_shorted on 02/10/12 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife a loaded 2011 Edge Limited. Great car, comfortable ride, nice interior and I love the 'glass cockpit'. Initial motivation moving to a Ford Edge was great horsepower and the MPG. Knowing that efficiency in modern engine and tranny combos greatly increased, I took the bait. From the first road trip I was greatly disappointed--the 27 MPG claim was a joke. I should have known reading a similar review. Mistakenly thought my driving habits would make a difference. Been driving with a soft foot since the 70s gas shortages--getting at least 1-3 better than any EPA ratings. Until the Edge. Highway driving at best gets me only 22-23. Don't be fooled!

Don't buy, Sync system is worthless!
By koakai on 01/30/12 08:56 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from an older BMW X3 to the Edge and now regret it! I've never been a fan of American cars and this is the first one I purchased in nearly 20 years. While I realize the Ford won't have the same performance as my BMW, I was intially impressed by the overall look of the Edge and lured in by the technology. The Sync and navigation system is virtually useless since I bought it six months ago and now being told there's nothing the dealer can do until Ford issues an another update. I've given up using all the features you see touted in the commericals because they don't work or work properly most the time. Do Not Buy a vehicle with Microsoft Sync!

edge sucks
By dk13 on 01/09/12 18:54 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we looked at a lot of suvs because of the bailouts we elimated gm and chrysler torn between the edge and santafee decided to stay american big mistake ford spent all ther money on gadgets and forgot to make the car quiet we were told it was close to the other one for mialage after 1400 miles lucky to get 22mpg went for the limited hoping for better ride and less noise that was a wast of 7k my 2001 yukon rides better and a lot quiter it has 171k on it and gets 18mpg my wife drives the ford if we travel i will take the yukon very upset with ford they dont even have a comment page on there website chickens;;;;;;;; the edge is nice looking junk dont waste your money buy hundai lots cheaper