Used 2011 Ford Edge Limited SUV Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Avoid!
By Ferjen

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge Limited is only 6 years old. Immediately after the warranty, the backup camera somehow inverted the image upside down. Cost would be hundreds to fix, so we never fixed. Ffwd to today, the car started sputtering on my wife and then shut down in the middle of an intersection. Ford tells us the entire engine seized up and will cost almost $7000 to repair! That is insane for a 6 year old car. And worse, they cannot tell us the cause without tearing it apart. The car was just serviced a month ago for an oil change and the brakes were just serviced 3 days ago. We gave the car 1 star for everything because a comfortable safe car is useless if YOU CANNOT DRIVE IT!

Beware
By jwax1

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My review is based on: !. Lousy customer service from Ford Motor Co (not the dealership). 2. The design of the engine.

The water pump on this engine is located inside the engine. At 91,000 miles, our water pump went out. The "overtemp" light went off about 30 seconds before we stopped. The engine is BLOWN! A water pump going out should NOT be the end of an engine. We had NO indication that we had a problem before this occurred, and had even had the oil changed one week before this occurrence.

Now comes the Customer service problem....NO support from Ford! The dealership was fantastic, but Customer Service was ridiculous! Not expecting a new engine, just help with repair!

Comfortable

very low mpg
By mdouek

very very bad gas millage 10 mpg to max 15 mpg city or highway ,
transmission leaks ,
audio and panel problems.
bad side view .

Disappointed
By review8

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car less than 2 years under 30,000 miles. Already returned to the dealership 6 times. Had service for replacement of the main computer chip, replace defective power window switch, faulty fuel injectors, and a couple of sync issues. This was not a cheap vehicle, sticker over $40 grand. Can't take it anywhere afraid won't get home. As soon as I get back from shop trading it in on something other than a Ford!
After a few problems still have vehicle and overall pleased. Service related problems, Ford's not dealership, still aggravating.

Great car ,flashy design
By mshales282

I have a
2011 Edge w/ all the
whistles .. love the technology.
On a trip to the NC mtns. the car quit on me in a lonely mtn road after a 3 hr.
interstate drive.
I found an area to pull off the road turned around
(dropoffs on both sides) and coasted back down the mtn. while the engine idled roughly. ...stopped in
church parking lot and shutoff the engine.
on an whim turned on the car and it fired up normally.
This quitting at (70mph) happened twice again on way home to Florida 2 x in dangerous spots where I couldn't pull off. Upon returning I informed a dealer of what I had heard from another dealer..faulty throttle sensor (no record in computor. They finally replaced it..been fine.