Used 2011 Ford Edge SEL SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Please Think This Purchase Thru Carefully
By MommaKathy

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Yesterday morning I would have told you I love my Edge. Today it is junk. We bought our 2011 Edge used with 48,000 miles. It has been meticulously maintained and lovingly driven. We typically drive cars at least 200,000 miles and subscribe to the theory that if you take care of the car and replace parts when they need it, it will take care of you for a long time. Yesterday, two minutes after leaving my home, a light came on warning that my coolant was at a dangerous temperature. I had it towed only to discover that the water pump had failed and since it is internally located in the engine, it has destroyed my engine. I will either have to replace the engine, only to risk a repeat of this episode in 50,000 miles or so, or get another car. After researching this, I have found this is fairly common on the Edge, Flex, Taurus and F-150. Just to replace the water pump prior to catastrophic failure is over $2000 and they will fail at some point, folks.

Problems with snycmyride but it's working now
By bowlingroach

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge for two years.
I have yet to get 27 mpg on the highway BUT it seems the gas mileage gets better all the time.
It started (using what the vehicle's posting) at 18 mpg and it is up to 21.4 mpg with mostly city driving.
I had an issue with the syncmyride - my dealership manager worked with me to make sure it was corrected - I had to get another phone before it worked correctly BUT then after the computer was updated that phone did not work!
Then Ford said to look at the list of phones that were compatible with the car.
And lo and behold after I bought the compatible phone it has been smooth sailing every since.
My phones were all basic phones so the costs were minimal.

syncmyride - directions, calling features; ipod connection with usb; handling in traffic

Because only complaint with the car was the syncmyride feature. Ford should tell buyers upfront that their cell phones may not be compatible with the car -- and show them where to go find out that information -- it will save a lot of aggravation.

40 K and going strong
By bobmilan

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge is 13 months old and has over 44K miles due to mix of family and business use.
Very happy on both long trips and short.
Overall mileage is 26+ mpg with 28+ on long drives - impressive.

I agree that the ride is a bit harsh, but glad for solid handling when needed for avoidance or quick turns.
Glad that I bought extended warranty coverage considering recent reviews but I still hold hope of getting $$ back if not used.

Synch phone service works well as does I-phone podcast replays.
Agree that system is not ideal, but upgrade has helped.
Now pretty intuitive.

Gas mileage, V6 responsiveness and comments from friends impressed by styling. Reliability is perfect so far.

Ride is a bit harsh on bumps but solid on highway. Soften one and don't lost the other. Better front legroom for a 6'5" owner.

Good looking car, A/C and entertainment system not good
By togden

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great design, nice leather, great panaramic sunroof.

Negatives: entertainment system lacking, radio volume either very low or too loud, no setting for in between.
A/C lacking, either at full blast or too low, and blowing right on your or off.
A/C resets to Low 60 degrees every time we start a new trip. What happened to resuming my desired settings?

better entertainment system, better A/C and adjustable vents.

Good, but....
By 123max

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama.
It´s very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine.
Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Powerful, smooth drive and reasonable fuel consumption.

Improve post sale service offered by dealers.