Used 2011 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Very Happy with Ford Edge
By rtp_owner

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 Ford Edge - for gas mileage we went from a 2007 Suburban (great but thirsty) to a 2009 Mariner (OK on gas but no go) to the Edge. Did not realize Edge was so heavy, but appreciated how solid it was. Great car. No issues whatsoever. Bought low end FWD model. No touch screen etc. Cloth seats were warm in winter so seat heater no missed. Little bit of hesitation on times at acceleration but really strong engine. Brakes were solid and steering was also OK. Climate control worked well. 30,000 miles and only routine oil changes. Zero mechanical issues at all. Did not tow with the car but don't think it would have been an issue. Highly recommend the Ford Edge.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable - roomy interior Rear AC Vent Very clear instrumentation Good power Good brakes Good steering Everyone felt very secure in this car Optional heavy duty floor mats great addition (not a joke - really very good) Very good car

Suggested Improvements

Radio a little bit tinny sounding Rear visibility come have been better Ford should put some type of protective on the seats and carpet - we sprayed a lot of scotchguard when we got the car - renewed it regularly - still ended up a with a few stains Average Mileage computer wildly inaccurate Gas mileage could have been better

Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it. I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer. Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Favorite Features

Body shape, front end.

Suggested Improvements

Console storage non-existent, manual seats are a pain to adjust, make base wheels 18" and allow options to upgrade to the 20" or 22" (have to buy the whole vehicle if you want the wheel/tire options).

Lovin' the Edge!!
By slammersa

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

WAS a big GM Fan - after having several broken hearts over my beloved Bravada (left me stranded in Texas w/80k miles), mid life crisis Camaro (97k miles) and finally my cute little Chevy Colorado (for garden work). I joined my husband on the Ford bandwagon. We traded in my '07 Colorado (snifff) for this VERY NICE 2011 Ford Edge!!! The second I drove the Edge off the lot I fell in Love!!! XOXOXOX The Edge handles beautifully - with the rubber mat in the back I have plenty of room for trips to the Farmers market and garden store, and it's great on long trips. Hubby even likes riding in the passenger side - he can kick back with plenty of room to spare!

Favorite Features

My Daughter (5'8") and Son-In-Law (6'3") fit comfortably in the back seat - nice feature of having the middle section drop down as an arm rest and cup holder - let's not forget the reclining back seats. The 'kids' were very comfortable. No car seats....yet :)

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint is the front seat headrests - I had to take them completely out and flip them around so that it wasn't pushing my head forward. I'm 5'5" and it seemed to push my head forward in a very uncomfortable position - I even reclined the seat back and I felt like I was sitting on a bar stool while trying to drive - probably not a good analogy - but that's what I felt like. Headrest was pushing me forward and my shoulders were hunched over - not that old yet!

Great Car
By jbrtp

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from 2007 to 2009 mariner to save gas - no power - chose Edge after looking at Subaru, VW, BMW, Mazda CX7 - good deal on a great car. We really like it. Wanted Sync *worked great on Mercury* did not want MyTouch. So we got an SE and got neither lol.

Favorite Features

The entire car. Great car.

Suggested Improvements

18 inch wheels should be standard plus - do the math - it improves the fuel economy. As with all Ford products - dim bulb headlights. Power passenger seat and dual climate control would be good options for low end. Also Ford, add a subwoofer for the low end stereo. Seats are ery comfortable but agree with other reviewers that headrests canted a little too far forward. That's it.

Ford did their homework and deserve a chance!
By gunnardad

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A lifelong foreign car owner-except for 2 suburbans- and a Range Rover lover, I was looking for safe, economical car that would protect my wife,be comfortable for long trips, room for sports equip. (I am spoiled by my 30 yr old!!MB diesel giving 30mpg hwy) and decided to give domestic cars a chance, after looking at MB MLs, BMW x and Toureg. We liked the older Edge styling and saw new beautiful silver/black one at dealer. Wow. Quiet, comfortable, smooth, corners flat, and moves like a big V8! Shocked. Bought it. Simple 2wd SE, no touch system(I like dials and hate gimicry) Cloth seat material is surprisingly comfortable, practical and cool(Florida) Powerful, roomy, and avg. 20/28 GO FORD!

Favorite Features

Simple, roomy, stylish interior. European style exterior. Big doors w/easy access. Driving position and visibility(rear view a little tight-get the 100A? convenience package w/back-up warning!) Steering response, solid handling and ride that rivals imports. GAS MILEAGE! turning circle tight and easy to parallel park. V6 is powerful,responsive, first time on hwy ramp I was at 85 w/o realizing! smooth quiet and tight on hwy. Radio/Sound system is great. All controls (SE w/o TOUCH) are logical, simple, all switches buttons, etc feel well-made and durable. Well proportioned interior and"wet suit-like" seats are are easy to clean, seem kid, pet and"beach proof" (we carry surf/scuba gear). NICE.

Suggested Improvements

Larger front seats, Driver seat could use more rear travel (I am 6ft) Add GPS option in SE model. We wanted low price, and simple model, the TOUCH system in SEL seems too distracting, too intricate to use while driving, but GPS would be nice. Hancook chinese tires on a FORD? I think SEL or Sport gets Michelin/Pirellis, but come on, at least use Goodrich Ford! Another $100? Middle rear seat head rest blocks rear view!! (it folds down to a center arm rest/tray. SE radio should have bluetooth, mp3 iphone connect.