Used 2011 Ford Edge Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Beware
By jwax1

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My review is based on: !. Lousy customer service from Ford Motor Co (not the dealership). 2. The design of the engine. The water pump on this engine is located inside the engine. At 91,000 miles, our water pump went out. The "overtemp" light went off about 30 seconds before we stopped. The engine is BLOWN! A water pump going out should NOT be the end of an engine. We had NO indication that we had a problem before this occurred, and had even had the oil changed one week before this occurrence. Now comes the Customer service problem....NO support from Ford! The dealership was fantastic, but Customer Service was ridiculous! Not expecting a new engine, just help with repair!

Comfortable

very low mpg
By mdouek

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

very very bad gas millage 10 mpg to max 15 mpg city or highway , transmission leaks , audio and panel problems. bad side view .

Disappointed
By review8

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car less than 2 years under 30,000 miles. Already returned to the dealership 6 times. Had service for replacement of the main computer chip, replace defective power window switch, faulty fuel injectors, and a couple of sync issues. This was not a cheap vehicle, sticker over $40 grand. Can't take it anywhere afraid won't get home. As soon as I get back from shop trading it in on something other than a Ford!

3 area need for improvement Poor service. Never any parts on hand. Use better grade parts.

Great car ,flashy design
By mshales282

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Edge w/ all the whistles .. love the technology. On a trip to the NC mtns. the car quit on me in a lonely mtn road after a 3 hr. interstate drive. I found an area to pull off the road turned around (dropoffs on both sides) and coasted back down the mtn. while the engine idled roughly. ...stopped in church parking lot and shutoff the engine. on an whim turned on the car and it fired up normally. This quitting at (70mph) happened twice again on way home to Florida 2 x in dangerous spots where I couldn't pull off. Upon returning I informed a dealer of what I had heard from another dealer..faulty throttle sensor (no record in computor. They finally replaced it..been fine.

Do Not Buy a Ford Edge...
By palmspringspa

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Problems started in 1 week. I noticed the car veered to the right. I took it in and had alignment done and they said the front was out of alignment..(really... A new car?) well it still veered to the right so I took it in again... Another alignment... By this time I also started noticing all the Sync System problems... Well it still veered to the right, took it in again. Thats when I said I want my money back. The service manager said he found a fix. It was a sub frame problem and he found that out from an inner company memo... (really... Ford knew about this and still sold the car?) well.. After that it still veered to the right. 1 more alignment and still not fixed. So I hired an attorney!

None now

Give everyone who has had driving issues or sync issues all their money back. DO THE RIGHT THING FORD!!!