2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Disappointed
By review8 on 09/03/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car less than 2 years under 30,000 miles. Already returned to the dealership 6 times. Had service for replacement of the main computer chip, replace defective power window switch, faulty fuel injectors, and a couple of sync issues. This was not a cheap vehicle, sticker over $40 grand. Can't take it anywhere afraid won't get home. As soon as I get back from shop trading it in on something other than a Ford!

Great car ,flashy design
By mshales282 on 02/22/13 11:28 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Edge w/ all the whistles .. love the technology. On a trip to the NC mtns. the car quit on me in a lonely mtn road after a 3 hr. interstate drive. I found an area to pull off the road turned around (dropoffs on both sides) and coasted back down the mtn. while the engine idled roughly. ...stopped in church parking lot and shutoff the engine. on an whim turned on the car and it fired up normally. This quitting at (70mph) happened twice again on way home to Florida 2 x in dangerous spots where I couldn't pull off. Upon returning I informed a dealer of what I had heard from another dealer..faulty throttle sensor (no record in computor. They finally replaced it..been fine.

Do Not Buy a Ford Edge...
By palmspringspa on 06/15/12 08:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Problems started in 1 week. I noticed the car veered to the right. I took it in and had alignment done and they said the front was out of alignment..(really... A new car?) well it still veered to the right so I took it in again... Another alignment... By this time I also started noticing all the Sync System problems... Well it still veered to the right, took it in again. Thats when I said I want my money back. The service manager said he found a fix. It was a sub frame problem and he found that out from an inner company memo... (really... Ford knew about this and still sold the car?) well.. After that it still veered to the right. 1 more alignment and still not fixed. So I hired an attorney!

Woefully inflated ratings
By rbrice1981 on 05/27/12 07:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Ford Edge has one of the worst Consumer Reports Ratings and I have first-hand experience as to why. If you buy a 2011 Ford Edge, you are gambling and may be one of the 14% of owners whose MyFord Touch program/system is so faulty that it works less frequently than it malfunctions. Ford was unable to fix my vehicle despite 8 attempts and a lawsuit. In the end, I sued Ford and was awarded a settlement. I am appalled at Ford's response to my real issues and because of this, my review for the Ford Edge is very negative. I married into a Ford family who have all now vowed never to buy a Ford of any type again.

Disappointed Owner -- Not 27 MPG!!
By mpg_shorted on 02/10/12 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife a loaded 2011 Edge Limited. Great car, comfortable ride, nice interior and I love the 'glass cockpit'. Initial motivation moving to a Ford Edge was great horsepower and the MPG. Knowing that efficiency in modern engine and tranny combos greatly increased, I took the bait. From the first road trip I was greatly disappointed--the 27 MPG claim was a joke. I should have known reading a similar review. Mistakenly thought my driving habits would make a difference. Been driving with a soft foot since the 70s gas shortages--getting at least 1-3 better than any EPA ratings. Until the Edge. Highway driving at best gets me only 22-23. Don't be fooled!

sync or sink?
By returnit on 01/02/12 05:09 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am considering the 'lemon law' on this one! Owned Chryslers and decided to switch based on technology and fuel efficiency. Paid more than I paid for my first home and I am totally dissatisfied. The 'sync' system rarely works, it resets itself during dangerous drive times without notification. Ford says they are coming out with an update in early 2012. Since it only gets 22 mile/gallon, and the technology stinks, why do I believe them? $5,000.00 technology pkg. that Ford admittedly says won't work properly. [violative content deleted]

Love the car hate the problems.
By tgibson1 on 10/09/11 11:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Several issues with this vehicle. 1. Mytouch sporadically connects my Verizon Droid X phone. 2. Transmission jerks when accelerating at slow speeds. 3. "No Key Detected" warning on numerous occasions. 4. Navigation won't recognize streets that have been around for years. 5. Voice Recognition never works right. Love the car and all the features, just wished everything worked like it should.

Disappointed
By bytx71 on 09/09/11 15:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So very, very disappointed. I've only had my 2011 Edge a few weeks, but the gas mileage is terrible. While mostly highway miles, I'm barely getting an average of 16 mpg. If this continues, the 19/27 mpg as stated by Ford is a gross misrepresentation. While running errands today, I got 11mpg (50/50 highway miles). I feel mislead and deceived.

Comfortable & solid, but MyFordTouch needs work
By motowng8gt on 08/30/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge Limited for a few weeks now and am averaging almost 20 mpg in mostly city driving. Wanted the Ecoboost but it wasn't out yet. Very comfortable interior, love the huge sunroof, like the keyless entry and pushbutton start. Touchscreen could be more responsive and better designed. The lag in response makes typing addresses in navigation a chore (it didn't have my POI in the database), and voice commands takes getting used to. Some adjustments require navigating too many screens; it wouldn't be so bad if touchscreen were more responsive. Once Ford works out the bugs, the Edge will be almost perfect.

This thing is falling apart ;(
By tbranca on 07/28/11 09:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

well we bought our edge 4 months ago the sync system has failed 4 times and it runs so slow half the time when you hit a button you have to wait 45sec till it response, its kinda of dangerous because you keep looking and waiting for something to happen. and the power lift gate stoped working and the dealer said its not covered under warrenty because it just needs to be reprogramed. that was $110 for nothing. it shouldn't lose its programing [violative content deleted] ford I own a $44,000 piece of junk thanks ford.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge Suv in NJ is:

$223 per month*