Used 2011 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Very dependable fun ride!
By wayne toms

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle is really fun to drive, dependable and handles smoothly. Vehicle had to have the center counsel electronic board replaced and has had no further problems.

143,000 miles since 2011 - NO ISSUES
By NanoSk

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 3.5 L V6 Edge Limited AWD gets 23.5 mpg average, no matter how I drive. I am averaging about 28 k miles per year. I have put lots of miles in on the highway, but also in stop and go traffic. Only replaced oil, filters, brake pads, wipers, and tires. PTU in rear trans replaced at about 118,000 under warranty. 85,000 miles out of each pair of Michelin tires (still on 2nd set). Great handling in the New England snow too. I will buy another Edge, and really think it is a great vehicle.
Another Ford home run.

Very Happy with Ford Edge
By rtp_owner

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 Ford Edge - for gas mileage we went from a 2007 Suburban (great but thirsty) to a 2009 Mariner (OK on gas but no go) to the Edge.

Did not realize Edge was so heavy, but appreciated how solid it was.
Great car.
No issues whatsoever.
Bought low end FWD model.
No touch screen etc.
Cloth seats were warm in winter so seat heater no missed.

Little bit of hesitation on times at acceleration but really strong engine.
Brakes were solid and steering was also OK.
Climate control worked well.
30,000 miles and only routine oil changes.
Zero mechanical issues at all.

Did not tow with the car but don't think it would have been an issue.

Highly recommend the Ford Edge.

Very comfortable - roomy interior Rear AC Vent Very clear instrumentation Good power Good brakes Good steering Everyone felt very secure in this car Optional heavy duty floor mats great addition (not a joke - really very good) Very good car

Radio a little bit tinny sounding Rear visibility come have been better Ford should put some type of protective on the seats and carpet - we sprayed a lot of scotchguard when we got the car - renewed it regularly - still ended up a with a few stains Average Mileage computer wildly inaccurate Gas mileage could have been better

Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it.
I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer.
Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Body shape, front end.

Console storage non-existent, manual seats are a pain to adjust, make base wheels 18" and allow options to upgrade to the 20" or 22" (have to buy the whole vehicle if you want the wheel/tire options).

Lovin' the Edge!!
By slammersa

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

WAS a big GM Fan - after having several broken hearts over my beloved Bravada (left me stranded in Texas w/80k miles), mid life crisis Camaro (97k miles) and finally my cute little Chevy Colorado (for garden work).
I joined my husband on the Ford bandwagon.
We traded in my '07 Colorado (snifff) for this VERY NICE 2011 Ford Edge!!!

The second I drove the Edge off the lot I fell in Love!!! XOXOXOX
The Edge handles beautifully - with the rubber mat in the back I have plenty of room for trips to the Farmers market and garden store, and it's great on long trips.
Hubby even likes riding in the passenger side - he can kick back with plenty of room to spare!

My Daughter (5'8") and Son-In-Law (6'3") fit comfortably in the back seat - nice feature of having the middle section drop down as an arm rest and cup holder - let's not forget the reclining back seats. The 'kids' were very comfortable. No car seats....yet :)

The only complaint is the front seat headrests - I had to take them completely out and flip them around so that it wasn't pushing my head forward. I'm 5'5" and it seemed to push my head forward in a very uncomfortable position - I even reclined the seat back and I felt like I was sitting on a bar stool while trying to drive - probably not a good analogy - but that's what I felt like. Headrest was pushing me forward and my shoulders were hunched over - not that old yet!