2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Love our Edge! Best in it's class!
By wytenow on 01/12/14 08:42 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Edge. We drove every other vehicle in it's class and it was clearly the best. We've put almost 60k miles on ours with no problems. Can't wait for the new 2015 Edge to come out. Definitely going to buy another.

Problems with snycmyride but it's working now
By bowlingroach on 09/24/13 14:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge for two years. I have yet to get 27 mpg on the highway BUT it seems the gas mileage gets better all the time. It started (using what the vehicle's posting) at 18 mpg and it is up to 21.4 mpg with mostly city driving. I had an issue with the syncmyride - my dealership manager worked with me to make sure it was corrected - I had to get another phone before it worked correctly BUT then after the computer was updated that phone did not work! Then Ford said to look at the list of phones that were compatible with the car. And lo and behold after I bought the compatible phone it has been smooth sailing every since. My phones were all basic phones so the costs were minimal.

Disappointed
By review8 on 09/03/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car less than 2 years under 30,000 miles. Already returned to the dealership 6 times. Had service for replacement of the main computer chip, replace defective power window switch, faulty fuel injectors, and a couple of sync issues. This was not a cheap vehicle, sticker over $40 grand. Can't take it anywhere afraid won't get home. As soon as I get back from shop trading it in on something other than a Ford!

Great car ,flashy design
By mshales282 on 02/22/13 11:28 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Edge w/ all the whistles .. love the technology. On a trip to the NC mtns. the car quit on me in a lonely mtn road after a 3 hr. interstate drive. I found an area to pull off the road turned around (dropoffs on both sides) and coasted back down the mtn. while the engine idled roughly. ...stopped in church parking lot and shutoff the engine. on an whim turned on the car and it fired up normally. This quitting at (70mph) happened twice again on way home to Florida 2 x in dangerous spots where I couldn't pull off. Upon returning I informed a dealer of what I had heard from another dealer..faulty throttle sensor (no record in computor. They finally replaced it..been fine.

Good performance, but QUIRKY and has issues
By stxedge on 02/21/13 13:33 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Happy with vehicle's performance, comfort, and styling. SYNC and MyFordTouch are quirky and are hit or miss whether or not they'll work correctly any given day. I've had to get tips of forums on how to get the system working correctly again and have even had to do some hard resets. Annoying, but not worrisome. What is disconcerting, though, is the recurring smoke producing transmission leak from the PTU (power transfer unit) that is well documented in numerous online forums. I've been fighting that one with the dealer for the better part of a year and a half and only have 27K miles on it.

Not what I expected
By flangilotti67 on 11/28/12 16:54 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a honda owner for the last 15 years but decided to buy american this last go around. I loved the exterior look of the Edge but our love affair ends there. The sync features are great, when they work. I loved that the map would show me traffic speed & accidents, it worked for about a month. For the last six months i've gotten an error message that the front collison isn't working but dealer can't find anything wrong. the placement of the emergency lights is horrible, right under the sync screen and i constantly set it off. trying to give the navigation verbal information, like a city or address is a nightmare. I also really dislike that the headrest are fixed and cant be move

Very Happy with Ford Edge
By rtp_owner on 10/24/12 01:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 Ford Edge - for gas mileage we went from a 2007 Suburban (great but thirsty) to a 2009 Mariner (OK on gas but no go) to the Edge. Did not realize Edge was so heavy, but appreciated how solid it was. Great car. No issues whatsoever. Bought low end FWD model. No touch screen etc. Cloth seats were warm in winter so seat heater no missed. Little bit of hesitation on times at acceleration but really strong engine. Brakes were solid and steering was also OK. Climate control worked well. 30,000 miles and only routine oil changes. Zero mechanical issues at all. Did not tow with the car but don't think it would have been an issue. Highly recommend the Ford Edge.

40 K and going strong
By bobmilan on 08/09/12 18:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge is 13 months old and has over 44K miles due to mix of family and business use. Very happy on both long trips and short. Overall mileage is 26+ mpg with 28+ on long drives - impressive. I agree that the ride is a bit harsh, but glad for solid handling when needed for avoidance or quick turns. Glad that I bought extended warranty coverage considering recent reviews but I still hold hope of getting $$ back if not used. Synch phone service works well as does I-phone podcast replays. Agree that system is not ideal, but upgrade has helped. Now pretty intuitive.

Good looking car, A/C and entertainment system not good
By togden on 06/23/12 18:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great design, nice leather, great panaramic sunroof. Negatives: entertainment system lacking, radio volume either very low or too loud, no setting for in between. A/C lacking, either at full blast or too low, and blowing right on your or off. A/C resets to Low 60 degrees every time we start a new trip. What happened to resuming my desired settings?

Do Not Buy a Ford Edge...
By palmspringspa on 06/15/12 08:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Problems started in 1 week. I noticed the car veered to the right. I took it in and had alignment done and they said the front was out of alignment..(really... A new car?) well it still veered to the right so I took it in again... Another alignment... By this time I also started noticing all the Sync System problems... Well it still veered to the right, took it in again. Thats when I said I want my money back. The service manager said he found a fix. It was a sub frame problem and he found that out from an inner company memo... (really... Ford knew about this and still sold the car?) well.. After that it still veered to the right. 1 more alignment and still not fixed. So I hired an attorney!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge Suv in NJ is:

$230 per month*