Used 2011 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

BLOWN ENGINE :(
By Donna Z THomas

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2011 Ford Edge with a bad water pump that blew up and ruined the engine at 91,000 miles. Light came on, car jerked, pulled over and towed to Ford Dealer. Blown water pump caused engine oil and antifreeze to mix and destroy the engine. Now the car dealer needs $5000 to replace with a rebuilt engine. Took a check for car, not going to purchase another Ford at this time.

rear view camera

Don't build car with a water pump within the engine.

Those nice Chrome 19" Wheel Covers
By rcestare

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When you purchase an Edge or other Ford product, make sure you ask what the various parts are made of. My "Chrome Clad" wheels are actually Chrome "Foil" bonded to plastic. Who hasn't hit a pothole or scraped a curb when parking... if you do you cannot simply buy a replacement "hub cap" ... you have to buy the entire wheel at a cost well above $800 per wheel!!!!! When I wrote to Ford Executives about the matter ... they simply said "buyer beware"... Fool me once shame on you. I will NEVER buy a Ford again. I feel lied to and can't help but wonder what else is plastic that we think is metal??????

Go back to replaceable wheel covers that don't cost an arm and a leg! OR if the wheel says Chrome ... it should be chrome METAL!!!!!! I have owned Fords all my life (70 + years) and I will NEVER buy a Ford again.

Beware
By jwax1

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My review is based on: !. Lousy customer service from Ford Motor Co (not the dealership). 2. The design of the engine. The water pump on this engine is located inside the engine. At 91,000 miles, our water pump went out. The "overtemp" light went off about 30 seconds before we stopped. The engine is BLOWN! A water pump going out should NOT be the end of an engine. We had NO indication that we had a problem before this occurred, and had even had the oil changed one week before this occurrence. Now comes the Customer service problem....NO support from Ford! The dealership was fantastic, but Customer Service was ridiculous! Not expecting a new engine, just help with repair!

Comfortable

very low mpg
By mdouek

2011 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

very very bad gas millage 10 mpg to max 15 mpg city or highway , transmission leaks , audio and panel problems. bad side view .

Love our Edge! Best in it's class!
By wytenow

2011 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Edge. We drove every other vehicle in it's class and it was clearly the best. We've put almost 60k miles on ours with no problems. Can't wait for the new 2015 Edge to come out. Definitely going to buy another.

Power/Performance, AWD, styling, room, and reliability.